Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Prince Charming-like

Rachel felt like a volcano had erupted inside of her head, it ached so much, though not as much as her left side seemed to ache right now. She felt the comfortable mattress and the quilt beneath her, opening her eyes slowly.

The room she was in seemed to move distortedly as she slowly sat up on the bed and glanced around, careful not to move too quickly or too much as she felt a little dizzy on top of her aching skull and bones. Her vision was slowly starting to come back to her now as she glanced to the closed door of the strange bedroom.

Now that she felt a little better and less groggy, she climbed off of the double bed and wandered over to the door, opening it and stepping out into the cold hallway.

She shivered slightly, but shook it off as she moved down the hallway and entered a kitchen, which was attached to a small living area. She looked over the breakfast bar and noticed the quiet volume and the fuzzing of the TV and as she grew nearer, she started to hear a soft snoring noise.

She peaked over the couch and smiled widely when she saw Paul was passed out on his back with his huge legs hanging off the end of the tiny piece of furniture. She thought he was rather adorable with his mouth hanging open slightly, though she didn't expect him to wake up right then and there.

He frowned in his sleep slightly, sniffing the air slightly and then gave a small smile before his eyes snapped open, looking directly up into hers. "Watching me sleep?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

She blushed, though she knew she had been caught red-handed. She shrugged, trying to contain her growing smile. "Got a problem?" She teased.

"By all means, stare away." He grinned and then sat up slowly.

"What happened?" She asked softly, walking around and standing in front of him.

He looked up at her with a rather sad look on his face before looking down again, his head hanging below his hunched over shoulders.

He sighed deeply. "I almost lost... Again... I fucking suck at this." He said that last part more to himself, referring to his job to protect his imprintee. He doubted himself and he thought that he had every right to.

She frowned sadly in slight confusion before slowly taking a seat beside him. "I'm here." She told him, not knowing what he was actually going on about and really not knowing where the hell this new side of her was coming from.

She barely knew him, although he'd willingly risked his life a whole bunch of times to save her own, so that was a good enough reason to trust him. He was really handsome, too, which was a bonus in her eyes. She didn't know what this thing was that she felt for Paul, all she knew was that she did have a thing.

She glanced down, seeing his hand resting on his knee and placed her hand gently over his, just keeping it there as he slowly turned his head to look up at her, the small, but sad frown still lingering on his beautiful features. "Know what?" She told him, smirking slightly to lighten the mood. "I think you're way too pretty for a sad face like that."

He smiled slightly, enjoying that familiar tingling feeling edging up from the tips of his toes, right up to the ends of the hairs on his head. "You think so?" He asked in a childish, hopeful manner, grinning his lovely boyish grin again. It was rather a charming little smile. Then again, Paul was kind of Prince Charming-like.

She chuckled lightly, seeing his expression and nodded at him. "I'm way prettier, though." She joked, giving him a teasing smirk.

He pouted for a split second before pulling on a dramatic thinking face and then nodded over at her with a grin. "I gotta agree with you on that one." He smirked to himself, smelling the blood rising in her cheeks before noticing her blush.

He sighed in defeat, knowing that if he wanted to be with her then he would just have to stop putting off telling her that he had imprinted on her and decided to finally go for it.

Hopefully she'd understand...
♠ ♠ ♠
-- Zya here.