Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Fireball

Paul immediately placed Rachel gently on her feet, pushing her behind him. He kept his senses sharp -- suddenly hearing loud thumping foot-like sounds. He could smell the ash and feel the heat coming from the creature even before it rounded the corner to face them.

It was the creature that had attacked them back in the forest -- he stood in the hallway's archway, a wide crossing his razor sharp teeth as he stared at Paul.

"You can't stop me." He told him simply, smirking slightly. "She belongs to the darkness." He grinned at Paul, pointing at Rachel, who stood frozen behind him.

Paul felt the urge to phase being blocked by the creature once more, but his body still shook in anger as he glared back at the creature, standing protectively in front of Rachel.

"I will end you before I ever let you near her!" He growled back, clenching his fist, but feeling helpless inside. This thing almost ended him the last time round.

The creature laughed at him, the sound literally shaking the walls. "You just don't get it, do you." He stated more than questioned before slowly thumping towards the 2 of them.

Paul's entire body tensed as he pushed Rachel back as far as he could.

The creature simply smiled, reaching forward and pushing Paul out of the way with ease, sending him crashing into the nearest wall.

He quickly made his way towards Rachel, who was backed up and cowering against the other wall, but when he reached a claw down to grab at her, she raised her hands in fright, her fists literally setting themselves on fire and somehow the beast was forced a few meters into the air, forced away from her by a huge fireball.

She quickly stood up, looking down at her lit hands in complete shock and then looked over at Paul, who was standing across the room, staring at her with the same shocked expression.

The creature quickly stood up, staring at her in amusement and deep interest. "This is going to be interesting." He commented, his eyes trailing down to her fire absorbent skin. "Very, interesting." He said more to himself before turning around and grabbing Paul by the neck and staring back at her, the shifter dangling from his raised arm.

"If you love him, save him." He told her, his crimson, glowing red eyes staring intently into her own. "I know you can. If you want it, you can. Just take him." He taunted slightly.

She stared at him for a few moments, her heart racing. She didn't know what the hell was happening to her, but at least she wasn't in pain from her hands seeming to set themselves on fucking fire!

She glanced down at her still lit hands and then quickly pointed them towards the beast, waiting for something to happen -- maybe another fireball to knock him on his ass, but nothing happened. Nothing at all.

Paul struggled against the beast's burning grip, glancing over at Rachel. "Just run." He desperately begged, his eyes pleading, too.

She glanced at him, shaking her head slightly with a sad frown. How could she just run and leave him there like a selfish coward? After all he had done for her, let alone the fact that she suddenly realized the fact that she couldn't ever live without him.

She felt utterly hopeless -- what was she supposed to do? How could she save him?

The creature slowly smiled at her. "I didn't think so." He chuckled before literally disappearing in a big cloud of black and thick ashy smoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
More pretty comments, puhleeeease! :D
-- Zya here.