Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

You Would Feel It

"Rachel," Sam gave her a very serious, but concerned and caring look as he placed a soft and comforting hand on her shaky shoulders. He continued when he had her attention back. "Are you sure you don't know where this creature could have taken Paul?" He asked, keeping his tone soft, trying not to upset her even more, though it didn't work.

She glared at him slightly, jerking away from his touch. "I already told you everything, Sam! We were just talking when that THING broke into his house and then with the fire shooting out of my hands and the no pain that came with it and then he takes Paul!" She cried in uncontrolable frustration.

Thankfully, she had explained the situation properly and clearly to him when she had first arrived, so he knew what she was going on about, even if she was using that high pitched, whining voice that girls seemed to use when they were happy or upset and crying about something and thankfully, he was used to that having been arounf Emily for a while now and being braight up with his mother and younger 2 younger sister -- who were twins.

He gave her an apologetic look and a firm nod. "We'll have to go back to Paul's place and see if we can pick up any scents. I don't know what we'll find after what Paul told me." He admitted with a defeated little sigh.

Rachel gave him a curious and rather confused look. "What do you mean?" She asked softly, calming down a little bit now.

She hadn't meant to snap at Sam, she was just worried about Paul. Was he alright? Was he even still alive? She shook her head of those ridiculous thoughts and focused back on Sam's dark eyes. They seemed darker and a lot more intimidating than Paul's, but he was just a big Teddy Bear on the inside all the same.

Sam wore a worried and doubtful expression as he looked back, towering way over her. "When Paul first told me about the creature, he told me that he couldn't phase into his wolf form around it. Like it was blocking him..." He trailed off with another defeated sigh and looked down at his bare feet, noticing she had dirtied bare feet, too and frowned slightly, realizing that she had ran all the way from Paul's house like that. "I'm just saying, maybe he can block his own scent, as well." He told her truthfully, getting a bad feeling about this in his guts already, but not wanting to alarm her unless absolutely neccessary. "But we won't know anything for sure until we check it out." He added quickly, noticing her glum expression.

She gave a slight nod of confirmation before sighing in defeat herself, looking down at her own feet and feeling utterly useless. Paul had saved her so many times in the space of the 2 days that they had known each other and now that he needed saving, she didn't know what the hell to do. She felt as though she was betraying him somehow and it made her insides burn like acid had been poured down her throat.

Sam noticed her uncomfortable silence and sensed what she was thinking. He'd been thinking the same thing in her situation. "We'll find him, Rachel." He told her in that incredibly deep and husky, but soft and gentle voice when addressing those he cared for.

Her sad gaze snapped upto his sympathetic and caring one. "What if it's too late? What if he's hurt? What if --" She immediatly cut herself off, unable to finish what she was about to say. 'No, he can't be.' She told herself in her thoughts.

"He isn't." Sam answered her firmly, as if reading her thoughts. He walked over and stood right in front of her, rubbing her upper arm in a friendly, reassuring way.

She looked up at him with hopeful, but painful eyes. "How do you know?" She asked softly, almost begging him to tell her that it was true, that Paul was still alive and well.

"Because," Sam smiled softly down at her knowingly. "You would know. You would feel it." He told her rather confidently.

Just as Sam uttered those words, Rachel felt a sharp stabbing pain shoot and rip through her entire insides, causing her to bend over and groan out in pain, clutching her stomach as she doubled over.

Sam's heart raced, he knew the signs. He'd felt them before when he'd had that accident with Emily and ended up nearly tearing her entire face off.

He lent forward, holding her gently by the shoulders and guiding her to sit on the couch in the living area. He stood in front of her as she sat, still clutching her stomach and wincing her eyes shut tightly in pain every other second before crouching down to her level.

"There's nothing I can do about the pain, I'm sorry, but it does mean that Paul is in trouble, but you'll still know when he's..." He trailed off, knowing he was ranting and not really wanting to finish that sentense when she glanced up at him in grave concern.

"We have to find Paul. Gah!" She howled in pain, putting her head between her legs to apply more pressure to relieve her stomach, though it didn't work one bit. God, what was happening to Paul to cause her so much unbareable pain!?

Sam felt utterly helpless, knowing he could literally do nothing to sooth her pains, although he was confused as to why she was feeling so much pain.

It wasn't supposed to be this way -- the shifter imprinter was supposed to feel the slightest and most pain when his imprintee was in pain, not the other way around -- the imprintee was only supposed to get a knowing feeling.

Sam didn't want to say anything about it at this moment, he would later, if there was time and they were all still alive. He hated being the Alpha sometimes...
♠ ♠ ♠
I just saw one of those Chinese floating little light things flying away through the night's sky all on it's lonesome. Pretty though. :)
I deleted my other stories, because I wanted to focus on one at a time and I think I could do better. So watch out for upcoming stories when I've completed this one.
-- Zya here.