Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Silly Mutt

Paul's eyes widened so much that they almost popped out of his head the sight before him.

Before he knew exactly what had happened, all he saw was a giant black blur of a figure cloak entirely over the young girl, sending her flying into a small tree trunk a few meters away, almost breaking the wood in half at the force and when the ground and the wind stopped moving finally, Paul could see a very tall and bold black figure very clearly.

The creature was probably a little over 2 meters tall and seemed to be made from hard, but steaming ash with what looked like lava as open veins covering it's entire body. He turned to Paul slowly and smiled a gleaming white, though fanged sadistic smile, his huge, sharp devil-looking horns and completely electric red covered (where the whites of human eyes should be) just as slowly, turned his head back to face the girl, who was still crumpled in an aching heap on the dirty ground and whimpering up at him, utterly petrified.

When the huge devil creature took a step towards her, Paul's anger exploded, but when he tried to phase into his wolf form, ready to do anything to protect his imprintee, he just simply couldn't. It was as if something was mentally blocking him from doing so. He felt it and knew immediately that it had something to do with this menace creature.

He panicked slightly, wondering what to do, but when he looked up to see the creature smirking at him as he was closing in slowly on the girl, Paul did the first thing that came to his head. It was mostly instinct, though, but he instantly broke into a full sprint, heading full pelt for the creature, willing to do anything to get it away from his imprintee.

However, the creature simply turned to face him just as Paul got an inch away and held up his clawed hands, effortlessly catching Paul's neck and grasping it.

Paul gasped more in surprise than from the pain that came from the creature's hard and burning hot hands.

The creature looked down at him, staring him directly in the eyes and grinned wickedly at him. "Silly mutt," The creature grunted, his voice booming and crackling slightly, just as his skin crackled. "This is not your war." He told him, gripping tighter on his neck.

Paul felt the contact of the creature on his neck burning and searing into his skin. He could smell his own flesh burning. Lucky he wasn't squeamish. He continued to struggle, but the creature was much stronger than him, which pissed Paul off instead of intimidated.

The creature just laughed at him before throwing Paul as far as he could, which happened to be at least 30 meters away from him and the girl.

Paul snarled, dusting himself off easily, and twisting his neck slightly, already feeling the wounds healing quickly. They were nothing, but first degree burns anyway. He locked his eyes back onto the creature, seeing it bend down to lay his disgusting hands on his imprintee.

This made Paul even more pissed off, he felt his anger boiling over once again, but it still wasn't enough to phase. His eyes quickly darted around his surroundings before they landed on a big enough and sharp enough trunk of tree. He grabbed it with one hand easily, holding the opposite end to the pointed part.

His eyes locked back onto the creature who was bent in front of the terrified girl and suddenly charged at him with full speed again. He kept his speed up until he finally reached the creature, who was stupid enough to get distracted by the girl and leaped up as high as he could to gain enough force and speed before driving the sharp wood into the creatures back.

He let go immediately when the creature roared loudly more in anger than pain and shot up, stumbling backwards.

Paul quickly saw his chance and quickly took it, leaning down to grab the girl gentle around the wrists, pulling her up. He glanced back behind him, seeing the creature struggling to reach around his back to pull the wood out and then looked down at her, running a hand softly through her hair. "Hey, it's okay. I won't let him hurt you." He told her softly.

She looked up at him slowly, still shaking in terror and nodded slightly.

"Let's get out of here." He suggested, earning another quick nod from her. He grabbed her hand firmly, but gently and lead her away as quickly as he could.
♠ ♠ ♠
-- Zya here.