Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Smoke And Mirrors

"Tunuck is incredibly powerful and I must tell you now that I really have no idead as to how we can despose of him. What I can help with is finding him." Carlisle's calm and kind gaze landed on Rachel once he had finished explaining.

"No offence, Carlisle, but why do we need you to locate him for us? Couldn't we just follow our noses?" Sam piped up with interest and frowned a little in confusion.

Carlisle glanced over at him and smiled chuckled softly. "I thought you'd ask that." He admitted, noticing Rachel's rather now anxious expression from the corner of his vision. "Only creatures of the darkness know where to find Tunuck. I may be trying to attone for my sins, but I am still..." He trailed off sadly to himself before noticing all 3 of their sympathetic gazes and quickly composing himself.

"What about me?" Rachel suddenly piped up, seeing all heads turn to her, wearing confused expressions. "Am I a creature of darkness?" She asked somewhat timidly, afraid of the answer. She didn't want to be a monster, she didn't feel like a monster.

Carlisle sensed her tone, guessing what she must be thinking after the time she'd been having lately. He walked right upto her slowly, smiling kindly down at her, his eyes bright golden eyes looking into her dark chocolate ones. "No." He said softly. "I've been in the dark for almost 350 years, I know monsters when I see them." He smiled kindly until she smiled back with a nod and then turned to face Sam and Emily, too.

"Paul said something about not being able to phase around this thing." Sam piped up, looking as if he wanted an explanation.

Carlisle nodded slightly, as if being told that before and then looked over at Sam when he remembered something important, something he was looking for in the first place in his mind. "That's got nothing to do with Tunuck's power, it's just a spell, a trick, smoke and mirrors. You're pack works as one altogether, if you're all around him at the same time you can penetrate the force field and phase all at the same time, but it only works if you phase at the same time, on the same second." Carlisle said very seriously. "Don't even think about trying to take him without team work." He said as a friendly warning.

Sam nodded, but frowned slightly. "What if we can't? What if Paul hasn't got enough energy to phase with us?"

Carlisle smiled softly at him. "Sam, if Rachel is going with you then Paul will make himself have enough energy." He chuckled a little in a way that said "duh!" to Sam.

Sam frowned once again, a little unconvinced. "Are you certain?"

Carlisle only smirked knowingly back at him. "Wouldn't you do the same for Emily?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slow updates this week, folks -- bus-sy!
I thought I'd shove an actual storyline to this story, instead of just having them meet and immediatly getting it orn like sluts. Not that I'm judging.
Anyway, comments, pleeeease!
-- Zya here.