Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Alpha's Orders

After that absolutely delicious huge mug of hot chocolate with the sweet mini marshmallows, she felt content. The lovely hot liquid had warmed her insides, which felt incredible after staying out in the cold woods of La Push since this morning.

She thought back to the reason she'd stormed off by herself and frowned slightly, pushing the memory to the back of her mind. 'He's a dick and she's no better. You're better off without him. Both of them.' She thought to herself, trying not to get all worked up over the matter again.

"You okay?"

She glanced up quickly, hearing the familiar that seemed to make her skin tingle pleasantly.

Paul was standing above her, in front of the couch, a soft, concerned expression lingering on his face. His eyes seemed to be desperately reading her, searching for any little thing that would give him an answer.

She shook off her previous thoughts and feelings quickly, not wanting to trouble him even more. He'd already saved her life and was still, for some reason, intent on keeping her safe. Not that she minded. She already felt safe with him. In fact, to be honest with herself, she'd felt completely safe with him from the moment he had told her that he was not here to harm her. He had just wanted to make sure she was okay. She smiled, thinking about that and then directed her smile at him instead and nodded slightly.

"I'm fine." She breathed softly, giving him another reassuring nod.

He frowned for a moment, but nodded anyway, not wanting to pry. Although he understood that this imprinting thing would take time on her part and patience on his, he couldn't help the feeling of being slightly disappointed and somewhat hurt by the fact that she didn't want to share her problems with him.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. 'Slowly, slowly.' He thought to himself. He still had to tell her his own secret. The pack's secret of being giant shape-shifting wolves. He didn't even know how to begin to tell her, let alone telling explaining to her what imprinting was and that he had imprinted on her. He wondered how she would react for a moment, before looking back down at her and seeing her curious gaze upon him.

He smiled down at her sheepishly, running a hand over his face.

She noticed that clearly, he was nervous about something. "Something wrong?" She asked, finding herself wondering why she genuinely seemed to care about him.

She had only met him a little over an hour ago. All she knew about him was his name, but somehow she already felt close to him in some way, like somehow she had known him all of her life. She knew that was impossible, due to earlier when he had told her that they had met once. She barely remembered that time anyway and besides, she wouldn't forget someone as beautiful as Paul.

'Beautiful? Damn, I've got it bad. This is ridiculous! I can't like him. I have a --' She stopped dead in her thoughts for a moment, a flashback from this morning when Rick had slapped her across the face without even thinking twice about it. She gritted her teeth slightly. 'That asshole was NOT a boyfriend!' She immediately decided, snapping at herself for almost considering him that. He didn't't deserve her, she knew that now.

Paul eyed her cautiously for a moment, he knew she was hiding something from him, he could see it in her depressed expression and it killed him, but then quickly remembered what he had to do. He HAD to do it. He couldn't back out even if he wanted to now.

Sam's order. Alpha's orders.

He sighed in defeat before finally breaking the silence. "Will you walk with me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Already well over 100 readers! :) Thank you all for reading!
-- Zya here.