Status: comment

Followers Society

The Monument

The monument always stood. No matter what strife came to the village, the town, it always stood there. Even through acidic rain and weathering.

It forever cast its shadow upon the small village, small town. The soldiers, died, under it's shadow. Women cry for lost dreams, inside it's base.

With it's hand raised to the sky, it's ass, resting on a mass of corpses, sculpted into the shape of a throne. In it's body, the stone, lay the ashes of the fallen warriors. Always ready to take up arms in it's name. It's face, calm and inspiring to the little children, Playing games. Even then, glorifying it.

Yes, the monument always stood. Even when holy men commit murder underneath its honorable feet. Yet, the monument never frowned. For yes, it was aware of their "Wrong doings" as the public would label them.

That's the reason it was created, even. To hide murder in by the label of divinity. With it's stone figure, it protected them in secret. Unbeknowst to the public, was their entire culture, a lie.

A carefully crafted lie. Fabricated by their very own "Savior", to say. Perverted views to manipulate, to cultivate. With one word, a man could be stripped of his family, his love, his home, his life. All for his own selfish gain.

Then one day, the villagers, the townsfolk, woke up blind. No sight came to anyone on that fateful morning. However, not one of them noticed. They strutted about their daily business without a clue of their rather terrible turn in events. The reason was, Ignacio and Miss Blondie already lived with, inside, of them all. Just waiting to be confirmed, and they taught the villagers, the townsfolk, a valuable lesson.

It was just as easy to pray with your eyes, as it is to pray blind.