Another "X" on Your Calender

Your Teddy Bear

Image

“You’re going to what?” demanded Chris asked Michael.

“I already told you. Let’s go.” With a sigh, Chris climbed into his car, Michael following right behind him. The truck rattled and shook as Michael drove it down the across their small city to the dark blue house of a beautiful girl. The midday sun was bright and warmed Michael’s skin as he walked around the house to find the window of this beautiful girl. Michael moved his brown hair from his face while Chris awkwardly stood next to him, his black hair hidden under his hat.

“Alright,” said Michael. “Make sure you give me some backup.”

“Mike, you know you can’t—” Michael ignored his friend while he began to strum the guitar that was slung over his shoulders. With a sigh, Chris put his hands in his pockets. “Baby let me be your loving teddy bear, put a chain around my neck, and lead me anywhere, oh let me be--” Michael cracked out. His voice was very bad and he had no skills in singing at all.

“Oh let him be,” Chris muttered.

“Your teddy bear!”

“What is that awful sound?” demanded a loud male voice.

“Is that a dying cat?” asked the girl in question. The two people came to the window and Chris hung his head disappointedly.

“I told you, Mike, you suck at singing.”

“You are such a good friend,”