Another "X" on Your Calender

Am I Scary?

Image

“Am I scary?”

“No, not at all,” A boy wearing a sheet over his head hung his head and sighed. He was with three girls in his basement, playing cards. He was losing pretty badly but he decided to dress as a ghost to maybe, somehow, increase his game.

“I thought this would work.”

“It doesn’t, V. I’m sorry.” Three girls said as they pet his shoulder. The boy sighed once more and rose to take off the sheet. As a slender little girl walked into the room, she began to scream. V, or Valentine T. Mortar as his parents named him, stared at the little girl while she ran out of the room. He looked back at the three girls and put his hands on his hips.

“Not scary my ass!” he snapped as he sat back down. “I’m not taking it off.”

“V, it smells like death,” one girl said.

“Not all ghosts can afford showers, alright? I’m a very poor ghost. I don’t get much money from haunting cause you dumb kids aren’t afraid of us anymore. Though, that little girl probably just crapped her pants so I’m getting the big bucks for that one.” He began to laugh, as did the three girls. “Let’s play some cards, Ladies. I’m feeling lucky!”

“You’re going to lose all that hard earned cash.”

“It’s no use to you. It’s covered in goo and is the same as 5 Goober Dollars, which are equal to about a penny.”

“Whoa,” said one girl. “I love pennies. Don’t judge!”