Status: Just wait...

Castle de la Rosé

Zwei

Elian's POV

I looked down at my textbook in disgust. I can't believe I actually gotten caught with my homework done. I always do it. I want to pass so I can get out of this shit hole and have a decent life. I think most people assume I copy off other people, but they can assume what they want. See if I care.

Let me explain what happened: I'd gotten super drunk yesterday and ended up with a horrible hangover this morning. Naturally I'd gotten sent to the office where my best friend, Corey, was already waiting in there for the same reason. Midway through a lecture about the school rules, Corey, who was rifling through my bag, found my math homework. I then had to listen to the counselor tell me how proud he was. When we left, Corey snickered, "My little Elian, I'm so proud of you," right before I punched him in the face as hard as I could.

Of course, that got me sent right back to the counselor, who told me he was disappointed in me. Then, I had to point out that he was setting himself up for disaster if he was getting all excited for me after all this time.

Somehow the counselor heard all this come out of my mouth and decided "Elian's given up. He's suicidal. Let's send him to Counselor 2.0." Counselor 2.0 deals with the people the first counselor can't. He's the one who gives out depression meds like candy and makes me sit in his brightly colored room a three year old would like, and makes me talk about my feelings. I never talk to him, so next thing I know things are spiraling out of control and I usually end up in one of two places: a mental hospital, or the school's solitary confinement.

That's how I decided I was never going to do my homework again. I probably would have thrown my book out the window, if I could have gotten the windows open. The people here lock them and put steel bars over them. They say it's so we don't try to "run off." It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If they didn't want us to "run off" why would they put such an easy to pick lock on the doors. In all fairness, I'm rather good at picking locks so no matter what, I'd probably still be able to pick it. A little bit of a challenge would be nice though.

I gave up on the textbook and settled with glaring at the letter that had been taped to my door this morning. It basically told me I had a new roommate and not to scare this one off. I've had a few before, but they seemed afraid of me. As they should be.

I've gotten somewhat of a reputation around here for being here the longest and for being the toughest, although around here those go hand in hand. The longer you've been here, the tougher you are because you don't just break and go home. We're surrounded by some of the scariest people and if you can deal with them, you're usually going to earn some respect.

Most people can't take it and break, promising to do whatever their parents want as long as they can come home. It doesn't make sense to me.

I've been here for a little over four years, since I'm a junior and have been here since the 7th grade. There's not really a middle school here, but if you're "a special case" as my English teacher calls us, then you can get here as early as your parents want. I have to say, I've got to have been the best special case ever. At first, it was just little stuff like tagging places or fighting in school. They never really cared when I came to school drunk, smoking, or high until my court dates came up. Then, it was the biggest deal in the world. I really can't figure out if I was sent here for stealing a car, assaulting someone with a "deadly weapon", or selling drugs that finally got me sent here, but it's worth it.

Let's not share that that's all I've done though, or the reasons why. If you ask the people around here, they'll tell you some great stories. I love to hear the latest rumors. Last I knew, I'd broken into the pentagon, have $100,000,000 stowed away from my armed robbery spree, and went on a rampage that killed 25 people. It's amazing the things people come up with.

I haven't been home since I got sent here, but that's fine with me. Especially considering it's my father I "assaulted" and "stole from" and my mother who turned me in even though I saved her life doing those things. I'm not going to think about it anymore though. I get pissed off and tend to beat other people up when I'm mad.

Back to the new guy though. I honestly hope he hasn't gotten caught by the other people here. The last time, the kid, a fairy I think, was shaking he was so scared. He used to go to sleep in class, not that I have a problem with He was just too afraid to sleep in the same room as me. Another of them, this one a vampire, decided he was going to challenge me. He "mysteriously" got beat up and wouldn't tell who'd done it. He left the next weeks after promising to be good forever.

I kind of feel bad that I really don't talk to the fairies here. I should since they're partly my kin. I think there are a couple of demons around here somewhere, but they're not really a threat to anyone. They usually end up in jail. The last one I met told me I'd end up there to since I'm part of them.

I'm half fairy, half demon although I'm not sure which is the stronger half. I kind of have the characteristics of both. I'm told I look like an angel of death, whatever that means. I've got huge black wings, but thankfully they fold up pretty small. I've got straight black hair that goes about to my shoulders, have grey green eyes, am really pale, and am about six foot two.

I wonder how the new guy will look, or for that matter, what he'll be. Corey keeps telling me I should give new people a chance, although he's always high when he says it so I'm not sure about how good his advice is.

Just as I was thinking this, I heard the key turn in the door. I turned just in time to see the door swing open.