Status: Just wait...

Castle de la Rosé

Vier

Chapter Two
Elian's POV

I glared at the new invader to my room. He just stood there watching me for a moment, not looking at all bothered by my icy welcome. I considered starting a fight just for fun, but I would just end up in detention again and I really don't need that waste of time.

Then the boy did something that surprised me. He started spinning in circles for no apparent reason. This is just fantastic. Not only do I get this all expenses paid trip to hell and a new roommate, but I also get an apparently insane roommate. The people who do the room assignments really have to pat themselves on the back for this one. Where did they even find him? "What's wrong with you?" I questioned, getting straight to the point as usual. Why bother to be polite when you're me?

"Nothing!" he chirped, not a care in the world. He was still spinning and I fought the almost overpowering urge to trip him. You should only be able to spin for so long without falling on your ass, much to the entertainment of everyone around you. This rule doesn’t seem to apply to the boy though.

I looked at him considering what I'd done to deserve him. I was in the middle of trying to figure out if there was another explanation when I got an idea. Maybe he's high. That usually doesn't improve balance, but maybe it's why he's acting so weird. Whatever it is, I don't want any of it. I prefer not to look like a moron whenever possible.

Finally, I made a decision. I don't want a freak spinning in circles in my room and I don't have the patience to wait for him to get bored or fall over and hurt himself. I grabbed him and shoved him to the floor myself. The boy stared up at me, looking from my hand to the rest of me. Then, all hell broke loose. He started screaming, "Off! Off! Off!" and struggling, generally being as annoying as possible. I was kind of surprised that he'd gotten away from me, but it was my own fault. Sometimes it's the weaker looking ones that put up a real fight. Not that he's weak looking, I guess. He actually looks pretty strong, judging from the subtle muscles I can see through his shirt. He also has a kind of wild look about him. Maybe he's a neko, or a elf. Maybe a werewolf? Oh well, it doesn't matter.

The boy stared at me wide eyed for a few seconds before he calmed down. He was back to smiling in ten seconds flat and asked, "What's your name?"

"Elian," I replied, more confused into answering than anything. Why does he have to be so strange. Normally, I'm pretty good at reading people, but this one's surprising me so far.

"Cool! I'm Schuyler," he squealed, looking thrilled beyond belief. He had the biggest grin on his face that I almost wanted to laugh at him…But, then again, he really doesn't need to be encouraged. I decided to forget that he was even here and went back to my desk. I still need to get rid of my homework after all. Oh forget it. I'll just do it. I guess it won't hurt me any. Worst case is I have to knock Corey out for being a smart ass about it.

My plan to forget about Schuyler worked a little too well. I didn't think about him again until I heard a loud crashing sound. I leaped out of my desk, promising myself that I could kill him if he'd touched any of my things. There isn't going to be any kleptomaniacs in my room.

Sure enough, he was covered in my things when I got to our shared closet. "What the fuck are you doing!" I snarled. I told him some other things, but I don't think I made any sense. I was just pissed and wanted to yell. He should have been scared, but it looked like he wasn’t even paying attention. I snapped my fingers in front of his face, being as rude as possible and just hoping that would provoke him into a fight. He at least had the decency to look at me now, but I could tell he still hadn't heard a single thing I said and wasn't doing a thing to cover it up. That just pissed me off more and next thing I knew, I slapped him. Not punched him, not knocked him out, slapped him. Why, I don't know. I think he's wearing off on me already, which couldn't possibly be good.

Schuyler hit me back and next thing I knew we were rolling around on the floor, trying to kill each other. I don't know why, but I couldn't get as into the fight as I normally would be. I usually lose myself in it, but for some reason, I was aware that every time I landed a punch I was hurting him. Maybe that's how he got the upper hand in the fight because next thing I knew, he was on top of me pinning me down.

I felt trapped and before I could help it, my wings snapped out. I wanted to get out of there and I couldn't think about anything else. I didn't like the way he was making me feel, so vulnerable. I never want to feel that way again. How can I panic and forget every common sense thing?

I know better than to let my wings out. What if he wanted to break one of them? I trembled at the idea and it made me want to lash out even more.

Schuyler stared, transfixed, at the sight of my wings. He stood up pulling me to the sit on the bed with my back facing to him and started touching my wings. I wasn't really sure what to do at first, but it kind of felt strange. A good kind of strange. I folded my wings back up against my body and settled into a comfortable position, happy with the light touches on my wings.

"They're so pretty," I heard him mumble.

Just like that, I snapped to my senses. What am I letting him do?! I did the only thing that made sense. I ran out of the room, just needing to get as far away from him as I could. My feet slapped against the tiles floor and I ram down hall after hall.

Finally, I decided I was as far away from him as I could be. I looked around and saw that I was on the seventh and highest floor. This floor was mostly an attic where they kept all the stuff they didn't use anymore. I like to be up here. No one ever comes to bother me. I just have to make sure nobody notices that I’m gone and comes looking for me. I sat down on an old, lumpy mattress and leaned against the wall trying to think everything out. I couldn't believe I'd gotten so far without anyone seeing me. The security around here has really gotten relaxed.

I wanted a cigarette really bad, but the counselor had taken my last pack the day before yesterday and I hadn't gotten the chance to find another one yet.

I sighed, knowing that I couldn't lie to myself. I just didn't want to think about what just happened. Why did I let him do that? If anyone else had come even close to trying to touch me like that I would have kicked the shit out of them before they even knew what was happening. Nothing makes him different, aside from the annoying spinning in circles thing. I don't even know him!

I hit the wall once, twice, three times before the skin on my knuckles split. I looked at my hand, almost confused as to how the blood had gotten there. I mean, I know how it got there, but I don't remember deciding to hit the wall. I sighed again, burying my head into my knees, trying to calm down. I hate this.

Slowly, I felt myself going back to normal. I told myself that that was just a onetime thing. I was just surprised, that's all. Most people around here are so guarded already. They think they're tough and all you have to do is show them you're stronger than they are and they give up. That guy, Schuyler or whatever, snuck up on me. I didn't expect someone to be kind of, sweet?

Whoa, that's still a really weird thought. I know I'm gay, but I don't really think about it all that much. It's kind of hard to be one of the toughest guys in a school like this and be out. I mean, I don't really hide it, but most people are too afraid to ask…Well, except for people like Corey, who have no boundaries.

I couldn't help but snicker at the thought of the day I'd told him. We'd both been in the 9th grade. Corey had just gotten here a few months ago and I had been here a little over two years. I remember that Corey had already become my best friend because he was sort of like me and we got along…most of the time. He'd asked, partly joking, and I told him, just like that. Corey's jaw about hit the ground, he was so shocked. I thought he might stop talking to me after or tell everyone just to be an ass, but he seems okay with it. That's not to say, that he hasn't been the cause of most people finding out. He doesn't have any problem making gay jokes about me at any time. He says exactly what comes into his head without thinking about it. I usually don't mind. It's pretty funny actually.

I laughed to myself, but I knew deep down that it still didn't feel right. I knew I kind of liked being around the strange boy and that part of me still wanted to be in my room, letting him touch my wings and it really bothered me. I'm fine on my own. I don't need anybody.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!