Status: Active :) This story is moderately short, it's only 40-45 chapters long

Memories

Baby You're a Firework

I’m so happy I got to stay in my little hometown. If I had to be an hour away from my friends I would fail my classes even more and skip school even more just to see them.

Now I get to watch my best friend graduate. I’m still surprised Nick’s graduating and not Eric. Eric has amazing grades, B’s and C’s and one F in math while Nick has D’s.

I don’t mind though, Eric’s still graduating, he just has to pass his math class.

School without the seniors got pretty boring though, I guess Jay and I can officially declare ourselves seniors, on a good note.

Were almost done

...

(June)

“Happy two year anniversary” I gave Eric my gift to him first, I got him concert tickets to see his favorite band. Of course I wasn’t going, I hate rap music with a passion, but Nick could go, it would serve as there graduation gifts.

Eric opened the tiny box. “Oh my god…Lil Wayne tickets?” he jumped into my arms. I’m surprised I was able to support him for as long as I did. But eventually did collapse under his weight. “Nick is going to freak out…you’ll love Lil Wayne” I shook my head.

“I’m not going, you know I hate rap, take Nick or Jay or something”

“Are you sure?”

“I could care less, as long as I don’t have to listen to that crap music” he smiled. Him smiling made me smile.

“I’m sorry I don’t have a gift for you”

“No problem, on our one year anniversary I didn’t have anything”

“Well we agreed not to exchange gifts, I don’t have money to buy yours yet” I shrugged.

“Who cares” I hugged him then kissed his lips.



I got home late that night, but it didn’t matter since my mom was freaking out over my sister actually getting into college.

“I’m so excited!” my mom exclaimed. I sneaked into the house. “I’m so proud of you” Sarah smiled.

“Thanks mom”

“Anya, because I’m so happy I’ll forget your late, come on were going out to eat”

“I’m not that late…only two hours…but I was with Eric”

“I understand” my mom grabbed her sweater and put it over her body. “Anya you better go to college next year so I can say I have to incredibly smart daughters” I smiled.

“You know she’ll get into Harvard” Sarah joked. My mom shrugged.

“As long as your happy I don’t care where you go” my mom put her arms around us.

Unfortunately getting into college doesn’t fix all the things my sister has done over the years, she still smokes cigarettes and she’s still the school slut…well I guess now the town slut.



“It’s official!” Nick announced over Skype. “I’m going to college” I was shocked. Sarah who was in the kitchen behind me dropped the cup she was carrying when she heard the news. “It’s a community college, but I got in!!!”

“Oh my god, Nick that’s amazing”

“I can’t go this year thought, don’t have enough money…did your boyfriend tell you the news?”

“What news?”

“he got into the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth today”

“Really?” I was even more shocked, Eric never had an interest in college. “Is that like a good school?” I asked.

“I don’t know, it’s a state school, isn’t that good?” I nodded.

“That’s amazing”

“Eric and I are going to work your senior year, then when your going into college we’ll enroll into our respected colleges” I smiled. This is the first time I’ve seen Nick excited about school.

“I’m so excited…I’m going to be the first person in my family to go to college”

“My mom didn’t go, she got her G.E.D after she had Sarah, but my dad went…well you know what happened…so basically I’ll be the first one on my mom’s side to go to college”

“Your dad is proud, wherever he is” I smiled. “He’s smiling down from heaven on you”

“now I have Firework by Katy Perry playing in my head”

“BABY YOU’RE A FIREWORK!” Nick sung. “COME AND LET YOUR COLORS BURST!!!!” he sounded terrible on purpose of course.

“I’m disconnecting!” I told him. I plugged my ears and left the chat. I couldn’t help but laugh.

Sarah joined me at the dining room table. She took one of my chips.

“I can’t believe Nick is going to college”

“You really thought he would end up doing worst then you did?” she nodded. “It’ll be funny if Nick’s going to the same college your going to…oh not college I mean community college”

“Shut up and connect to the chat again, I need to find out what school it is” I giggled.