Status: Active :) This story is moderately short, it's only 40-45 chapters long

Memories

White Flag

(2 months later // April 2007)
“Anya is now the president of the G club” Eric announced.

“What?” Nick asked. “I’m the oldest”

“Yeah well Anya’s the smartest” I blushed. “And she knows the first 20 digits of Pi” Eric said. That was a pretty good argument, I’m pretty sure Nick and Jay didn’t know what Pi even was.

“Pi?” Nick asked.

“Nickolas Caleb Richards, you’re a sophomore in high school and you don’t know what pi is?” I asked. “It’s an irrational number, a mathematical constant whose value is the ratio of any Euclidean Plan circle’s circumference to it’s diameter” I started. I lost them, all three of them were completely lost. “Pi is thing we do in math, with area of circles, you know 3.14”

“OOOHH!!” Jay and Nick exclaimed. “Yeah now we understand”

“3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510” I recited happily.

“How much free time do you need to be this dorky?” Nick asked Jay.

“Well it makes sense she’s dating Jay” Eric joked. I didn’t get it. So does that mean Jay’s a bad boyfriend or something?

“Let’s have a toast, to the smartest girl in the world” Nick lifted his blunt in the air again, like he’s done so many other times before. “To Anya Evanson, the smartest girl in existence!”

I blushed, but I also laughed. It’s funny how my C plus in geometry categorizes me as ‘smart’. I’m actually a normal girl, I mean I get A’s and B’s, but I have my flaws, I suck at math and I’m incredibly self-conscious.

Clearly Eric picked up on that, he was making me feel a little better about myself day by day in study hall.

Actually, I think he’s flirting with me.



“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked Eric during study, instead of staying in our crowded classroom we went down to the library.

“No” he shrugged. “Girls don’t really interest me” then he realized exactly what he just said. “I mean, I like girls, I like making out with them, but I haven’t found the girlfriend type yet”

“You’ve never had a girlfriend before?”

“Nope” I shrugged. “Jay says it’s awesome. I keep trying to find a girl like you, but I’ve never met a girl like you before” I blushed.

“Thanks I guess”

“I’m serious, An” he started. “Your perfect”

Now things were getting a little uncomfortable.

“Thanks, but there’s a girl waiting for you out there, trust me” he smiled.

“I hope so” the smile quickly faded. I loved that smile, he had such a beautiful smile. Especially on rainy days, I’d love to look over and see him smile, it felt like the sun was coming out from behind the rain clouds.



Nick pulled Jay and I into a quiet corner of the school. “Bad news bitches” he started. “Eric just told me he has a crush on Anya” my eyes widened. “And by what he told me, Anya kinda likes him to”

“No I don’t!” I exclaimed. “I was being nice, he kept telling me I was perfect, how do I respond with that without being insensitive?” Jay didn’t answer, he was turning a beat red.

“Why does Eric always have to take everything good away from me!” he yelled. He marched down the hallway. I gave Nick a look.

“Ever since we were kids Eric always took things from Jay, subconsciously though. It was almost like a cool rock or a big stick in our back yard, then when we got older it turned into girls, then Eric started out shining Jay. It’s a wonder Eric didn’t get to you first”

I sighed. “What’s going to happen now?”

“Jay’s probably going to fight Eric” I panicked.

“What! Fight??” I asked. “No, no, no, I’m a pacifist” Nick gave me a look. “That means I don’t like to fight”

“In our family, violence is how we deal with things” I ran down the hall to catch Jay.

Unfortunately I was to late, Jay had already punched Eric in the nose, and Eric was already on the ground gushing blood.

“Jason!” I exclaimed. “What did you do…never mind that’s irrelevant, why did you do that?”

“Because” Jay replied “Just because” nothing makes sense anymore.



I went to drop off Jay’s geometry work in the suspension room. I shook my head when I saw him sleeping.

I shook him awake. “Baby” I started. “I have work for you to do” he groaned.

“I’ve been doing work all day in this fucking tiny room with no windows!”

“Well if you didn’t punch Eric yesterday you could be in class with me” Jay shook his head.

“The fucking bastard deserved it”

“Don’t say that, he didn’t mean any harm, it was just a crush”

“I’m possessive, I don’t want Eric to hurt you”

“He wont, because I love you and only you” Jay smiled.

“I love you to” I ran my fingers through his short dark brown hair.

“I’ll see you at lunch?” he nodded. “Have fun”
♠ ♠ ♠
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead, And the white knight is talking backwards" -
"White Rabbit" by Grace Potter (the cover)

i really want to see Alice in Wonderland. in my math class we were watching it, but since sophomore's had state testing we only caught the end of it, and it was the movie version where Alice was wearing a yellow dress