Prom Castle

Surprise

I shut the locker door, not knowing he was standing behind the door so I jumped when I saw him, "Jesus," I gasped, "You almost gave me a heart attack." He grinned and poked me, god he was adorable, "You should've guessed I would've done that!" he said with a sort of giggle in his voice. "True, but honestly, it was creepy." I teased him, hoping to get a bit of a laugh. Sadly I didn't, but I got a sort of a smile that made up for it.
"So, Mr. Kitty, how are you?" I asked, Mr. Kitty is my nickname for him, I made it up after he tried to get his mom to adopt a little kitten off the streets, he was so heartbroken when she said that they couldn't, he was only 12. "Oh nothing, just wondering what the plan is for you on the night of prom."
Was he asking me to prom? I don't see why he would... He's a Senior and I'm only a Freshman. There's probably a ton of other guys that would want to go with him that are older. "Uhm... Nothing really, just planning on staying home, like every other Freshman that a Senior isn't taking." I said and felt a slight blush creep up on my face, DAMN UKENESS! "Haha, cute blush, hun," He said laughing, damn it, he noticed, time to play the idiot.
"Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked trying to sound dumb to what he said. "Oh Silly Goth, you know what I'm talking about," He said with a grin, trying to be a smartass. "I'm not goth, we've been over this," I said to him sternly, "I'm a me, that's it." He just laughed and sticked his tongue out, "Sure hun, whatever you say," he paused and looked at me blankly then gasped, "Oh my god! I've gotta show you something!" He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me behind him, I should've seen this coming, "What? What is it?!" I asked frantically, hoping it was something good. He took me to a sign up sheet for prom, it read, "Attention! do to popular demand, this year and further on, it can be prom king and prom prince, or prom queen and prom princess!"
"Can you believe it?! They're finally allowing it!" he said excitedly, I know right now was my best oppritunity. "Well... If they're allowing this... Do you want to try and get it?" I asked nervously, hoping I didn't stutter. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face, "With you?! Uhm... I don't know uhm..."