‹ Prequel: Unexpected
Status: Started, we work on it when we can

Undecided

Battles

I opened my eyes and down looked at the weight on my stomach before I groaned. I looked at my clock and sighed. Time to wake up. I sighed again and pushed my white tiger off of me, where she was looking at me expectantly. I walked over to my dresser and picked up a pair of short acid wash jean shorts, they look like Daisy Duke’s shorts, and pulled them on. Then I pulled out a bright blue and green tie-dye tube top and a strapless bra and put them both on. I brushed out my long rainbow color hair and pulled it into a pony tail. Finely I slipped on a pair of flip flops and walked out of my room to see Draco walking out of his room at the same time.
“Morning Draco.”
“Morning Cat.” He walked to me and hugged me. I returned the hug and we walked together down stairs his arm around my shoulders mine around his waist. I looked up the 6 inches to see him looking down at me a smile on his face. “I have never seen you in this little amount of clothes.”
“You’ve seen me in my swim suit Draco.”
“Yeah but that doesn’t count. You were covered by lake water or a towel.” I rolled my eyes and bumped my hip into his leg
“You’re a dork. Morning Molls, morning Mione.” I smiled and waved at the two of them as Draco and I walked into the informal dining room.
“Morning Cat.” The said at the same time smiling at me.
“Ladies.” Draco said in greeting.
“Dorkfoy.” Mollie glared.
“Malfoy.” Hermione huffed not paying attention to him but trying to be civil for my benefit.
“Mollie.” I warned as I sat down. We’ve only been here for three weeks and already Mollie and Draco have tried to kill each other ten times, that I know of that is.
“Good morning everyone.”
“Morning Grandma.” All four of us said looking at her and smiling as she drifted through the wall.
“Mollie will George be joining us soon?” Grams asked.
“I’m here Grandma.” George said as he walked out of the fireplace and kissed Mollie on the cheek. I eyed him suspiciously as Mollie blushed the brightest red I had ever seen on her face.
“Good, I want you here as much as possible boy. Mollie is almost ready to start training earth. Cat two things. The first, we will be working on flying today, the second is, how much longer until your hair is back to normal?” My eyes widened.
“I CAN FLY?!”
“SHE CAN FLY!” All of us exclaimed looked at Grams and the others looking between the two of us.
“Of course, she can control air, meaning she can fly. Now answer my question.”
“Three more days Grams.” She nodded.
“Alright, good. And next time you two want to look identical,” Mollie and I held out breath waiting for her to scold us angrily and tell us not to. “Make your hair wilder. Come on Cat I’VE SEEN what you can do with color, this,” She pointed at our hair. “is tame and boring.”
We both smiled and I nodded as I giggled. She smiled, too, and motioned for us to go outside with her to start practicing.

“Grams we’ve been working for hours! I’m hot, sweaty, and I hurt.” Mollie complained to Grams as I hovered an inch off the ground Draco holding my hand. I smirked and moved my hand in a circle a few times and then doused her in a huge ice cold wave of water and then shot a gust of wind at her.
“Feel better Molls?” I asked a smile on my face as she sputtered and wiped water off her face and choked on the water that she breathed in. When she stopped she looked up and glared at me.
“CATHERINE ANNE!” I saw a spark of fire in her eyes that signaled danger.
“Mollie Aofie. See I can do that too.” I smirked at her and she glared more as her whole body erupted into flame. I used a blast of air to push everyone else out of the way and smirked at Mollie. “Bring it baby sis, let’s see what you got.” I taunted bringing up my water rings and hovering a few inches in the air so I had more speed and agility just in case. I KNEW her temper and I KNEW what she was capable of when she was mad. I had spent two weeks repairing one of the gardens after she lost her temper and reduced it to ashes while “talking” to Draco the day he got here.
“YOU!!”
“Me.” She shot a blast of fire at me and it hit a wall of water turning into a HUGE amount of steam. I couldn’t see anything. But that was okay; I could FEEL her in the steam seeing as it was water and she was having a hard time keeping her fire because of the moisture surrounding her. I took the opportunity to send anther blast of cold water at her. I heard her scream and felt the earth move, it had risen up to touch me where I was hovering. “Oh shit. MOLLIE CALM DOWN!” I was worried now.
“NO! YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF!”
“MOLLIE CALM DOWN! YOU’LL HURT YOURSELF. YOU HAVEN’T LEARNED EARTH YET!” I waved my hand in the air dissipating the steam. What I saw was the yard torn up and Mollie standing on a pillar of earth surrounded by fire.
“There you are.” She said evilly.
“Crap.” I concentrated really hard and flew up into the air higher so I was level with her thirteen huge, thick, rings of water rotating around me very fast. I felt my hair flying all over the place.
“OH MY GOD!” I heard my mother’s voice down below.
“WHAT IS GOING ON OUT HERE?”
“MOM?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?” Draco yelled.
“Relax everyone, let them be, they are advancing on their own through fighting each other. Just a little bit ago Mollie still hadn’t gained full control over fire and hadn’t started earth yet and now look at her. As for Cat, she just started to hover this morning and now she’s flying three hundred feet in the air, not to mention they are both controlling BOTH their elements in perfect harmony.” I heard this while trying to stop Mollie burning me. She now had stones flying around her body. One flew at me and I dodged it but missed the second one and was expecting it to hit me then I remembered I was flying and dropped three feet. I flew closer to her and drenched her in water again the water hitting the fire and turning into steam. I then got an idea. I shot as much water at the fire as I could without putting out completely causing as much steam as I could. I then got close to Mollie and went above her inside of her stone rings and dropped the entire contents of the pond on her head and moved it back into the pond before hugging her from behind pinning her arms to her body.
“I win, and YOU need to cool off.” I said in her ear smiling.
“Jerk.” But I saw the smile on her face. We both started to laugh and I waved my hand through the air dissipating the steam again.
“You love me. Now, put the yard back together.” I told her as I sank back down to the ground. She did the same thing and put the yard the way it was the two of us working together to name the grass and plants grow back the way they were.
“So who won?” Hermione asked looking at the two of us. I smiled and pointed my thumbs at my chest.
“Yours truly.”
“As expected of the Moon. You are stronger than your sister my dear as we discussed a few days ago. Once you two come into your full powers you will be able to combine your two elements together. Mollie you will be able to create lava and pass through solid earth. Cat you will be able to create fog, clouds, mist, hurricanes, make solid things pass through your body, AND turn invisible, and possibly more than that. BUT you girls will HAVE to keep your temper after or you WILL destroy the world. Draco, George, you two are in charge of keeping them calm. You will have to spend as much time as possible with them after they wake up and also protect them while they are asleep, it will take three days and you will not be able to see them clearly, tell if they are alive or dead, in pain, or ANYTHING. They will be encased in some sort of substance that will protect them. When they wake up half of it will be taken to the Castle of the Moon and Sun to be their throne, the other half will become their bed and will go where they go.” Grams said to us as Mollie flopped down into the grass breathing hard.
“They don’t have to sleep with the girls do they?” Mom asked.
“Only if they feel it is necessary at first. As the girls gain better control they won’t have to spend as much time together until it gets to how it is now and the can be normal again.”
“That means we will have to talk to Dumbledore about alternate sleeping arrangements for me for a little while then. Draco can’t be in the Gryffindor common room. Mollie won’t have a problem she can just go sleep in George’s dorm with him Fred and Lee, there is only three of them in there so there are two extra beds. Right, George?” I looked at him and he nodded.
“Yeah that will be fine. “
“Alright but where will you and Draco end up sleeping?” Mrs. Malfoy asked.
“Where ever Dumbledore tells us to sleep.” I told her looking up from the ground where I was still laying. “In separate beds of course, it would be inappropriate to share one.”
“I seem to recall you two sharing a bed over Christmas.” Grams said looking at me.
“AH! But that is different. Mollie was in the bed too. And Daisy was watching us all night. Besides, what are three eleven year olds going to do? Now twelve year olds, you have to watch out for them, they could sleep! SHOCKING AND HORRIBLE FOR ADULT TO THINK ABOUT!” The adults glared while the kids laughed. Draco helped me up while George helped Mollie up.
“I think you girls have earned a break. You can do whatever you want to. You have the next three weeks off, maybe more; it depends on how I feel at the end of the three weeks. If I say it’s time to practice then your time is up, if I don’t you get more time. OH and don’t tear up anymore of the gardens Mollie, I like them the way they are.

I sat up in bed and looked out the window to see the full moon hanging high in the sky. Midnight. I climbed out of bed and hovered to my dresser and pulled on a pair of jeans and a hoodie before putting on socks and my boots. I pulled my now normal, well normal for me and Molls, colored white and red hair into a pony and levitated myself to my open window. Once there I flew down to the grounds and levitated to the stables. Once inside I let myself down onto the ground and walked to one of the pegasi that didn’t get attention, not because he was weak, small, or ugly, but because he hated everyone. No one had ever been able to get near him EVER! And no one would ever let me try. Now I was going to.
“Shh, Adrian, sh sh sh.” He looked at me and snorted stamping his hooves angrily. “Adrian, I won’t hurt you.” I grabbed a bottle of my special concoction of spearmint and vanilla oils and sticking it into my back pocket of my jeans. I also grabbed a carrot, an apple, and a hand full of peppermints. I stuck all of this in random pockets and walked slowly and deliberately towards Adrian. He got more frustrated and tried to charge me through the wood of his stall door. I levitated a bit and looked over the stall door and saw that his wings were bound tight to his body and his hooves were tied so that even if he wanted to, he couldn’t go anywhere. I looked at him with sadness in my eyes.
“Oh you poor baby.” I sat myself back on the earth.
Adrian shorted, his eyes rolling. I could see the whites of his eyes and his mouth was foaming in anger. He stomped his feet and strained against the straps. I stopped and looked at him my arm still outstretched. “Adrian, if you let me touch you, get near you, I can take those straps off and massage you until you feel better. I won’t put them back on I promise, they shouldn’t have put them on you to begin with. I’ll even give you these snacks. You just have to let me touch you. I won’t hurt you.” I looked him dead in the eye when I said all this. Adrian snorted and watched me still tense but he stopped moving. I walked slowly towards him and had him sniff my hand. I put a peppermint in my hand and offered it to him. Adrian snatched it out of my hand and chewed. I walked to the door and put a hand on the latch and opened it leaving the door shut when he jumped.
“Shhh, Adrian. I will not hurt you.” I took the carrot out of my pocket and he took it greedily crunching it happily still eying me, his eyes wide, but starting to go back to normal slowly. “See I won’t hurt you.” I opened the door and stepped up next to him. Taking the halter and lead off the peg next to the stall I stepped up to his head and blew in his nose so he could get to know me better. I saw his eyes instantly return to calm and his body visibly relax. I held up the halter and he put his head in. I latched it and fed him a peppermint. “Good boy Adrian.” I bent down and freed his hooves and then led him out of the stall to the very tall wide aisle. I used the cross ties to hold him and moved to the side, the buckle on his wing restraints was keeping a hand on him at all times. I unbuckled the restraint and it fell to the ground causing his huge black wings to open wide for probably the first time since he was a foal. I took the restraint and tossed it away.
“That’s better isn’t it.”
He dropped his head in a horse version of a nod. I took out the oil and poured it into my hand and started to rub him methodically.
‘That feels nice.’ I jumped and looked around.
“Who said that?” I waited a second and didn’t hear anyone move except the pegesi. I shook my head and got back to work massaging Adrian. He nickered and turned his head as far as the cross ties would let him to look at me.
“What?”
He snorted and turned his head back around.
‘I want another mint.’
“You can’t have one until I clean the oil off my hands or you’ll get sick… Wait, WHAT?!” I looked at Adrian who was looking at me again.
‘You can hear me think.’ I looked at him wide-eyed.
“Oh, my.”
‘Don’t stop, that feels nice. I’ve been cooped up like that since I was four months old and they said I was bad.’ I started to rub him again.
“I know. I was here the spring you were born. I named you. They would never let me near you, they said you would hurt me but I always wanted to try.”
‘I like you. You’re nice. Will you be my friend?’
“Of course I will, as long you keep being mean to everyone but me. I don’t want anyone else near you.”
‘Deal. Can I have a mint now?’
I laughed.
“I told you Adrian, not until I clean off my hands or you will get sick.” I went to the water basin and got the oil off the soothing smell remaining. “Now you can have a mint.”
I gave him one and took up a brush and started to brush out his smooth, soft blacker than black coat.
“You are so beautiful Adrian. I named you Adrian because it means dark one, I had never seen a coat so black before.”
‘I do like my name a lot. I feel like a prince with such and elegant name.’
I giggled and picked up a soft brush and started to brush his face feeding him more mints. I traded the soft brush for a comb and combed out his knee length mane and the long forelock that hung in his eyes. I moved around behind him and started on his tail that was so long it dragged on the floor by about a foot. All of it was so wavy and soft. I combed all of it until it shown then picked up a soft cloth and began to polish his coat and feathers. When I looked at the moon next, it was gone and the sun was coming up. I looked at Adrian, whose coat and feathers were now a mirror like shine.
“It’s time for me to go now. But I’m going to convince everyone to go flying later and I’ll be back. We can go for a ride together.” Adrian nuzzled into my chest and nickered. I unhooked him and put him back in his stall and latched it, putting his halter back where it was after I fed him the apple. I cleaned up the rest of the mess I had made and went back to my room the same way I had left it. I showered and got dressed and did my hair in tight springy curls. When I was done it was time for breakfast so I asked Prince to take me down. We cracked into the room and I smiled and waved.
“MORNING!” I sat down next to Draco and Mollie, a smile on my face.
“Morning.” Everyone replied.
“So I decided that I want to go riding today.”
“Oh, do you have horses here?” Hermione asked looking excited.
“Sort of. Cat I don’t think this will be fair to the rest of us. You’re the best Junior Equestrian in Ireland, not to mention pegasi serve the moon.” Mollie said. She still didn’t like riding, well flying, and the only pegasus she would ride was old Sugarpuff, the old grey nag.
“So, and I’m the second best. PLEASE!?”
“Yes, just don’t beg.” Mollie said.
“I’m in.” Hermione said.
“Me too.” Draco added.
“I’ll go, I like to be in the air.” George said.
”YAY! SO WE’RE ALL GOING!!! LETS GO!” I ran outside everyone following me to the stables, Grams with us too.
“Alright everyone pick out a pegasi to ride.” Grams said. Draco instantly walked towards Adrian who freaked out on him.
“What is WRONG with that animal!?” Draco demanded. “A monster like that should be put down!” I glared at him angrily.
“Adrian is Cat’s and hates everyone. He’s a bad Pegasus but he’s her’s and she won’t let us.” Mom said standing next to her pegasus Brierwood.
“He is not a bad boy. I love him and he loves me.” I walked right up to him and he nuzzled into my chest happily. “Hi Adrian. How are you baby? I kissed his nose and gave him a mint. I took him out and brushed him and saddled him.
“How did you do that?” Grams asked looking at me working with Adrian.
“He loves me.” I mounted and walked out of the stable with the others as we took flight.
‘Was that good for you?’
“You are perfect.” He nickered happily and we flew circles around the others.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chap, I hope we can be faster at this one than the last one!!! Comment and it might help!!

**and I, the editor and darling sister of timetellsall, shall try to keep up with my editing duties on this story. But so goes my life... Busy busy... Peace! ~I'm Here