‹ Prequel: Unexpected
Status: Started, we work on it when we can

Undecided

Diagon Alley

“I’m bored.” I wined at Mollie who was working on her earth techniques.
“So do hover, or fly or something.”
“I don’t wanna. I wanna talk to a person.”
“Go find Dorkfoy.”
“He went home with his Mommy for the rest of the summer, two weeks ago Mollz. And Hermione went home to spend time with her family three weeks ago.”
“I’d tell you to go find George but he’s grounded for rescuing Harry in their dad’s flying car.”
“I know that.” I pulled on her arm causing the rock she was playing with to fall to the ground. “I’m bored, come play with me.” I pouted and she glared.
“Cat, I’m busy.”
“Girls, we’re going to Diagon Alley to get your books for school today.” Mom said walking out into the garden Mollz and I were sitting in. “Go get dressed and make sure you have your jewelry to get into your vault.”
“Mom, I never take mine off.” I told her as I fiddled with the moon pendent on my necklace as the moon and star ring on my left hand flashed in the sunlight.
“I keep mine hidden, I don’t want to accidentally melt it.” Mollie added. Mom nodded and walked back into the coolness of the castle.
“Twenty minutes girls.”
“Yes mom!” We both called.
“Prince.” He appeared in front of me. “Take me to my room please.” H nodded and took me to my room then left again. I peeled off my blue spandex shorts and black tank top that were drenched in sweat and hopped into the waiting bath. I used my water ability to shower and then climbed out and put on a clean bra and boy shorts then started to look for clothes. I found a pair of dressy and cute black shorts and pulled them on and then pulled on a green t-shirt that had the recycle sign on it and said ‘I recycle boyfriends’ on it. I took most of the water out of my hair leaving only enough to curl my hair as it dried. I slipped on my new black converse that I already had covered in paint splatters and looked at Rosewood who was standing next to the door waiting.
“Is you almost being ready Cat?”
“As soon as I spray some perfume on and then put on some lip gloss.” I squirted on some vanilla mint perfume and put on some clear mango flavored lip gloss and went to Rose who took me down to where Mom and Mollie were waiting. “Am I late?”
“”No dear, you still have three minutes to spare.” Mom told me and wrinkled her nose when she smelled Mollie.
“Did you take a bath during the time you were up stairs?” Mollie demanded.
“ Nope. I took a shower.” I teased. She really does hate that I can have a shower whenever I want and she is stuck with baths. I looked over what she was wearing. White shorts like my black ones and a bright yellow ‘I like It Nerdy’ t-shirt with her new converse. I handed her some perfume that she accepted and put on to cover the smell of sweat. Mom looked us over and sighed.
“Where do you find your clothes at?”
“The mall.” We both answered and then took some floo powder and stepped into the fire place together. “Diagon Alley!” We both called dropping the glittering greenish grey powder to the floor, and we were gone hugging each other and spinning in circles until we stopped and almost fell over. We caught ourselves and got out of the way. The Weasley family was standing there looking at the grate, well everyone but the twins and Mr. Weasley. Fred popped out next followed my mom, then George who Mollie hugged, and finally Mr. Weasley. I looked around.
“Where is Harry?” I asked.
“He was meant to show up right after me.” Ron said. “But he didn’t.”
“You lost Harry?!” Mollie, Hermione, and I yelled at him. I looked around behind some of my favorite redheads and saw Hermione and what must be her parents. I smiled at her and then returned to glaring at Ron.
“He probably only went one grate too far, he’ll catch up to us.” Mrs. Weasley said. We all split off agreeing to meet at Florish and Blots to get our books. There was some big shot over there that Mom and Mrs. Weasley and Hermione wanted to go see. We all headed to the bank and the Weasley’s and the three of us took one HUGE cart down together. We stopped at Harry’s vault first and Mrs. Weasley went and got him some of his money. Then we went to the Weasley vault, it had barley anything in it. Then we went down all the way to the Moore vault. When we got there Mollie and I climbed out. I looked around and saw that there were 20 vaults down here and all of them said MOORE on them in huge letters. I guess we didn’t realize just how old and powerful our family was the last time we were here, seeing that we didn’t look around much. Mollie and I walked to the door of vault number one and placed our pendants of our necklaces against the door and held then there with our right hand and placed our ring in the proper place and turned it with our left hand. The doors opened with lots of smoke coming out again just like last time. We walked in and took the black velvet bags out of our respective animal purses and filled them up, we took WAY more than we would need but we wanted to be able to buy other things, too. Like we both wanted a cat to take to school with us. We love Artie and Appa but you can’t cuddle a bird while you’re sleeping. And we can’t take Daisy and Loxie to school with us even though we would LOVE to. And we wanted to get plenty of sugary goodness on the train to school next week. Once we were satisfied with the amount of gold we each had we placed the money bags back in our animal purses and put them back on our backs. As soon as we stepped out of the vault the doors closed and we got back in the cart and went back to the surface blinking in the harsh light.
“Alright. Go get the things you need and meet up at the book store in two hours.” Mom said and everyone agreed. Mr. Weasley took the Grangers off for drinks, the twins disappeared almost immediately, the moms went to get Ginny her first year school stuff and Percy, well we really don’t care where he went to. Ron, Hermione, Mollz, and I walked around and went to buy the things we were out of or running low on from last year. We found Harry, he was with Hagrid and he told us where he had landed and what he saw. I rolled my eyes at Draco and his father and asked Harry if he saw any bruises on Draco. He said he didn’t think so. We spotted Percy in a second hand store reading a prefects book of some sort, the twins were in a joke shop stalking up for the year to come.
“So now we have everything where to now? We still have half an hour before we need to head back.” Hermione stated looking at some quills. I was at the counter buying silver ink, color change ink, some auto quills, and several spell check quills, along with a few new regular quills and regular black ink.
“Cat and I want to go to the pet store.” Mollie said admiring a peacock quill.
“Sure, that should be fine.”
We all left and walked to the pet store down the street. Inside it was dark and cool and there were eyes looking out of all the cages. Harry and Ron were looking at the interestingly odd ones with Hermione while Mollie and I looked at the cats. I was looking in the cages and smiled as I saw an adorable little moon white kitten laying by its self in a cage hidden as best as it could get in the back corner of the cage trembling in fear. I opened the door and reached my hand in to pick it up. It was so soft and so tiny it fit in the palm of my hand.”
“That one lost its mom and its litter mates. Only a month old.” The lady at the counter told me. I brought the kitten up to my face and looked at it. Its eyes closed tight in fear. “It’s not really a cat that one, it’s a kneasel. A lot smarter than regular cats. Bloody monsters though, almost impossible to home them. Though once one has a master it’s more loyal than any dog, owl, rat, or cat it is.”
“Shh, it’s ok little one. I’m going to take you home and give you a nice place to live. Don’t be afraid of me little one.” It opened its eyes and I saw sparkling blue looking back at me and smiled. “Is it a boy or a girl?”
“A girl that one, much more intelligent, loyal, and protective than the males thought the males are all of the above, the girls are just more so. The get to be big too, size of a bobcat about, maybe bigger. Like a small lion or tiger.” I nodded and placed the little one on my shoulder and walked to the counter.
“Little one have a name?”
“Nope. When they are born here or come to us a babies we don’ name um. If they come to us as adults or are rescues they already have names they do.” I nodded and looked at the little girl.
“Gypsy. I’m going to call you Gypsy.” The little kitten purred and snuggled up under my ear. I paid for her and waited on Mollie who was still looking around not paying attention. About fifteen minutes later she came walking out of the back room a huge smile on her face. She placed a bright yellow kitten on the counter and the sales lady chuckled.
“This one? Alright, she’s six months old and you’ll always know what she’s feeling, if you or she is in danger, and she can tell you who you are meant to be with romantically. She changes colors with her mood you see. And she plays match maker. Her breed is a cousin of little Gypsy here, they are called knagels, not as intelligent and protective as a kneasel, but still very much so.”
“Who’s Gypsy?” Mollie asked looking confused.
“Mollz, sis, this is Gypsy.” I pointed to the little fur ball curled up under my ear using my hair for warmth.
“OH! Ok, did you name her that or do the animals come with names?”
“I named her.”
“So I get to name mine?”
“Yes dearie you do.” The shop keeper told her a bright smile still on her face.
“I name her Skittles then.” Mollie told her with a bright smile. She paid for the now Irish grass green kitten and the five of us left and went to the book store to meet our respective caregivers. Once there we saw it was ABSOLUTLY PACKED! We made our way to our parents and Mollie and I hugged mom tightly and showed her our kittens. I picked up the books I would need and glared at the face of the blonde man with too many teeth showing. I sighed and looked around and spotted Draco up on the balcony looking directly at me. I smiled at him and made my way to the stairs and up to him.
“Having a nice few weeks?”
“No, I’ve been dodging Father and wishing I could go back to Grandma Ashling’s place. You?”
“BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Hermione left to go home for a while to spend time with her family, Mollie is working incessantly hard on earth manipulation, Mom is ditsing around doing who knows what, and the twins are grounded for rescuing Harry from his stupid Aunt and Uncle’s house, they had him locked up again and were starving him, and he kept going on and on about some bloody mad house elf called Dubby, or Dooby, or some equally dumb name.”
“Why don’t you go riding? Or play with Artie or Daisy?” I glared at him.
“You sound like Mollie.”
“I’m sorry dear.” He wrapped an arm around my waist in a hug and pressed his cheek against the top of my head.
“Just as long as you don’t start calling me little one. I am not THAT short.” He chuckled and we watched the commotion with Lockheart, who in my opinion is a nutter butter cookie who needs half his teeth knocked out, and I sighed while Draco laughed receiving my elbow to his spleen.
“Ouch, Cat, was that necessary?”
“Yes. Be nice.”
“Sorry, habit Love.”
“Well kick the habit before I kick you.” He looked at me and nodded, his eyes then darted to the kitten on my shoulder who was purring gently.
“Who’s this little angel?”
“Gypsy, she’s a kneasel. Only one month old. I just got her today.”
“You are very fortunate. If she didn’t want to belong to you she would have torn you to shreds.” I smiled and stroked her soft fur with a finger.
“Mollie got a kitten today too, a knagel, she named her Skittles.” Draco rolled his eyes.
“You two and your odd pets, can’t you ever get a normal pet, like an owl, or a rat?” I looked up at him innocently.
“No, probably not.” He sighed.
“I thought not.” I smiled brightly and saw everyone else heading towards the door and Draco’s dad headed to him from an isle of books.
“See you at school Draco, have a great rest of the summer.” I reached up on my tip toes and kissed his cheek before running off to join the others. Not four minutes later Draco and his father were coming down the stairs and Malfoy Sr. started in on the Weasley family, Hermione and her parents, and mine and Mollie’s hair that I had accidently turned blue and purple instead or white and red this morning. Mollie got in his face and yelled as I got angry and water and air rings started to fly around me. Draco looked worried but he knew he couldn’t let the others know we were friends yet so he stood there watching and if I got too out of control. If I did then he would come over to me and hug me, but not until then. My elements had stopped Mollie yelling at him to watch me carefully too and Mr. Malfoy to lay off of us and move on the Weasley family yet again. A moment later Mr.Weasley had tackled him to the ground and they were rolling around fighting. Harry, Mollie, and the Weasley’s all cheering on the older red head. Draco was looking at his father shocked, and I was laughing so hard that the elements had all gone away from my body. Hagrid came and broke up the fight and the shop keeper scolded the two older men. The nutter butter cookie was ecstatic and wanted the fight in the article in the paper. I looked at Draco and smiled at him still laughing a bit while mom walked the two of us off to go back the Gammy’s place through the floo in the Leaky Cauldron.