‹ Prequel: Unexpected
Status: Started, we work on it when we can

Undecided

Change of Room Change of Heart

‘I spy with my little eye something…’
‘Third brick to the left of the torch holder and nine up.’
I said to Mollie and she cursed.
‘HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!?’ She demanded.
‘Besides I can read your mind right now?’
‘Oh, right… I keep forgetting that part.’
‘Smart one.’
‘Hush you.’
We both started to giggle and then stopped abruptly as Draco woke up from his nap and “accidentally” hit George with his bow.
“Watch it Malfoy.” George warned lowering his spear at the blond who rolled his eyes and drew his sword and brought up his shield. George brought his up, too, eyeing Draco cautiously.
“Or what Weasel? You’ll get your poor cooties all over me?” Draco sneered and I glared at him.
‘I’m going to drown them BOTH when I get out of here! I’m sick of this!’ I screamed in my head. I heard Mollie make a noise in the affirmative agreeing that she was tired of our guardians’ dong more fighting than guarding. We watched as the boys began to fight each other for the twelfth time in five days. I glared at them, concentrating all my will power to break them up. And then there was a wall of water between the two boys that reached floor to ceiling and then turned to three feet of solid ice.
‘HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!’ Mollie demanded.
‘Sheer will power I think. I was concentrating so hard on them stopping fighting and being separated for a while that I think that’s how I did it. You try.’ I looked at the boys who had identical shocked expressions on their faces and I could feel Mollie concentrating and a few moments later there was a burst of fire that melted the ice and doused both boys in a tidal wave of water. We both cracked up and looked at the stunned boys trying to stand up in their now drenched and heavier armor. I mean full Greek battle armor is heavy to begin with, now it’s wet, it must be almost impossible to move now.
“I would take it the girls have gotten stronger and they can see you now, boys.” I darted my eyes to the end of the hall where Professor Dumbledore was standing with a smile on his face.
‘Nah crap we can see them.’
‘We can freaking hear them too you old fool.’
Mollie added. I giggled at her and watched as with a flick of his wand he dried the boys off.
“Were they at it again?” Hermione asked as she walked down the hall with Fred. She handed Draco his homework and Fred handed George his.
“It appears so, but it also appears as if the girls can see them and stopped them with fire and water.”
“They’ve gotten stronger already?” Fred asked looking at us. I rolled my eyes and I could feel Molls doing the same.
“It appears so.”
‘Can I drown Dumbledork, too?’
‘If he doesn’t stop being a retard then yes, you can.’
‘Good! He’s as irritating as our so called protectors are.’
‘TOO TRUE!!’
A few moments later we were left alone again with George and Draco. I eyed them cautiously for a few moments and then when they didn’t start fighting I closed my eyes and got some sleep.
.-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-. .-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-. .-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-. .-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-
“Shove off Malfoy!”
“Bite me Weasel!” Mollie and I groaned in irritation. We had been listening to this for thirteen days and noting we did seemed to convey to them that we wanted them to shut the fuck up.
‘Only two more hours!’ Mollie stated exasperatedly as we both looked out the window and saw that the eclipse that had lasted the whole two weeks was almost over.
‘And then I can kill them both!’ Mollie and I waited patiently pointedly ignoring the boys and talking to each other.
‘3…’ Mollie said randomly and I smiled.
‘2…’ I continued.
1! We both yelled and there was a flash of light and a should like crashing thunder as our cocoons split right down the center and disappeared. When everything went back to normal the boys looked at the two of us who were glaring quite angrily at them our hair and clothes’ blowing around us in what looked like an angry wind but was really our raw power reacting to our emotions.
“Cat!” Draco cried at the same time George said,
“Mollie!”
“SHUT THE FUCK UP! BOTH OF YOU!” Mollie and I yelled at them at the same time. They looked at us confused and slightly shocked.
“We had to listen to the two of you fight, bicker, argue, and insult each other for two weeks.” Mollie told them, anger lacing her voice.
“We are sick of hearing you speak.” I said in a low whisper. “I have half a mind to drown you both and then we can start looking for new guardians to protect us.” They looked scared and lowered themselves down to one knee and bowed in submission to us.
“Better.” Mollie commented. “At least they are sorry.”
“True. We’re starving, find us something to eat.” They nodded and called our elves to us who were ecstatic to see that we were out of our cocoons. “We’re starving you guys, can you bring us food and a table and chairs here for us? Draco and George can join us if they want too.” All four of the elves nodded and disappeared to do as I asked after hugging their respective mistress.
“George, come with me a moment please?” Mollie asked dangerously low. He nodded and stood up following her three steps behind. I looked at Draco still glaring at him.
“Look at me.” I hissed and he looked up at me a shocked look on his face confusion in his eyes.
“What did you say?”
“You heard me!” I barked and he looked even more confused.
“Cat, I don’t understand parseltong.” I looked at him confused. “It’s the language that snakes speak and the people that can talk to them. Salazar Slytherin was one, that’s why our symbol is a snake. You’re really angry right now, so maybe if you calm down I’ll be able to understand you.” I sighed and closed my eyes, focusing on my out of control temper. I took a few deep breaths and relaxed completely when I thought about Draco hugging me. “Do you want a hug?” He asked cautiously. I opened my eyes and looked at him.
“No, I’m fine, and I’m still made at you. Can you understand me now?”
“Yes. But why are you mad at me?”
“Because Draco, you’re an arse face.”
“I don’t understand.”
“You pretend to be something that you aren’t around me, either that or you pretend it around others and hope I never find out how cruel and heartless you can be. You aren’t the person I thought I knew Draco. I don’t KNOW you at all.” I was trying to control my tears now. Draco looked at me sadly.
“Cat, who I am with you is how I really am. I hate being what my father expects of me. I put on a show around everyone else and I hate it.”
“Then prove it to me. Be the you that you want to be and to hell with your father Draco.”
“Can I tell you something, it’s a huge secret and no one else knows.” I nodded.
“Always Draco.”
“The hat wanted to put me in Gryffindor last year and it almost did until I told it at the last second that my father would kill me is I was anything but Slytherin. And he would have too.”
“If you’re supposed to be a Gryffindor ACT like it Draco, starting with Mollie and George, you are going to be spending a LONG time with them from now on.” He nodded and I held my hand out to him. He took it and I helped him up.
“So you heard all that stuff the last two weeks?”
“I saw it all too. Mollie and I were sick of it after fifteen minutes. We were NOT amused.” He looked down and away from me, “Well actually, Mollie was for a while for then even she got annoyed with you two…”
“I’m sorry Cat. I never EVER wanted you to see that side of me.”
“I forgive you. Just don’t let me see it EVER again. Got it?”
“Yes dear.”
“Good boy. Maybe after you show the world the real you, you can get a re-sort from the hat and be where you belong. And if your dad tries anything I’ll drown him and if you ever become friends with Mollie I’m sure she would secure him to the bottom of a lake or the ocean for me.”
“Sounds good to me. I would love to be in my true house. But would they accept me?”
“If you prove to them that you belong there then yes they will. And you’ll have me there with you, just don’t piss me off or I’ll feed you to the sharks for a few days.”
“You would, wouldn’t you?”
“Oh yes, I most certainly would.”
“Cat, the food you requested is here.” Prince said with a bow.
“Thank you Prince dear, all of you, thank you. Mollie took George off to talk to him, would one of you go get them, please?”
“I’m on it yo!” Iggy said flashing a peace sign and a smile before disappearing to go locate his mistress. Draco pulled out my chair for me and I sat down and he sat to my right. A moment later George appeared with a blushing Mollie clinging to his arm, a smile the size of the sun itself plastered on her face. He pulled out her chair that was located on my left and then sat to her left across from me. I looked at my baby sister, curiosity all over my face, and leaned in to whisper in her ear.
“What happened?”
“He told me he loves me.” She gushed silently to me.
“I already knew that, and so did you sister dear.”
“Yeah, but now he’s actually TOLD me that he loves me. There is a difference. What about with you and Dorkfoy?”
“We talked, I got mad at him, he explained some things to me, and now you will start seeing some drastic changes with him.”
“I doubt that.”
“You don’t believe me?”
“No, I don’t. He is incapable of change, or being a good person.” I rolled my eyes and sat back.
“Just you wait and see.”
“Alright, I will.”
“What are you two talking about?” George asked us as he passed Mollie the potatoes.
“Just some changes that will be going on.” I told him simply.
“Or lack thereof.” Mollie added on passing me the fish. “Dorkfoy, pass the blood sausage here.” I placed my hand on his arm stopping him and looking pointedly at my sister. “Oh, right. Malfoy, pass the blood sausage here, please.” I smiled at her and took my hand off Draco’s arm and he passed the platter across the table to her. “Thank you.”
“You’re welcome. Would you like anything else from over here?” Draco asked her politely.
“Gravy, corn, and salad please.” Draco passed them all over to her and then looked at George.
“Anything for you, Weasley?”
George looked at him with shock clear on his face and Mollie almost dropped the gravy in her lap in her shock at the lack of the usual nickname for any member of the Weasley family. George shook his head slightly to clear it.
“The fish please, and the milk as well.” Draco handed the things over to him. “Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.” George dropped the milk in shock and I instinctually opened my hand up in the ‘stop’ sign to halt the liquid forgetting that it wasn’t water; and it stopped, just like water and pumpkin juice always did.
“No!” I exclaimed.
“Way!” Mollie finished.
“THAT IS SO COOL!” We said together. I looked at everything on the table curiously and lifted my hands up a bit and everything levitated off of or out of its serving dish.
“Creepy.” George said eyeing the food.
“Cat, please put the food back down. I’m sure you Mother taught you not to play with your food. And I know your Grandmother did.” Draco said looking at me.
“Oh, alright.” I lowered everything back into its dish carefully so I didn’t make a mess and I put the milk back away. “Happy now, Draco?”
“Yes, thank you.” I rolled my eyes but smiled at him and we all dug in eating and talking about random things Draco being polite and courteous to both my sister and George. I smiled at him approvingly when he looked at me, slight worry in his eyes. When we were finished with our food Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape walked into the hall way and to us.
“It is good to see you two are alright and finally awake.” Dumbledore said with a smile.
“We were awake the whole time, we saw and heard everything, except when we chose to sleep.” Mollie told him in an irritated voice.
“And that was a lot of the time considering besides each other the only company we had were these two fighting all the time.” I added.
“That’s marvelous dear.” He said, obviously not caring. “We are here to inform you all that you are going to be sharing rooms until further notice as per request of Ashling and your mother, and your mother as well Mr. Malfoy. The four of you will share a set of rooms much like the head’s rooms, common room, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Two of you in each room. I will let you all decide who will be in what room. Minerva and Severus will show you to your rooms.” And with that he walked away.
“Follow us.” Snape said and we followed our two heads of houses to our new rooms. They stopped on the fifth floor in the west wing in front of a statue that I recognized at once as the Greek goddess Nyx, goddess of the night.
“Nyx.” I whispered and the five people with me looked at me two shocked and three confused. “Nyx.” I spoke louder. “She is the Greek goddess of night, a daughter of Ares, she is also thought to be the first ever vampire by the muggles. Little do they know, they’re right.” I explained.
“Very good ten points to Gryffindor.” McGonagall said. “How did you know that?”
“She’s obsessed with Greek mythology.” Mollie told her. “I mean really, look what she named our phoenixes.”
“Very true.”
“Continuing.” Snape interrupted. “This is the entrance to your rooms. Nyx is a living statue. The password is eclipse. Now inside and get settled.” We all nodded and I spoke the passcode and we all went inside the common room decorated in midnight blue, silver, sunshine yellow, and orange. One would think that it would look terrible and clash, but it didn’t, it all worked together in harmony. I walked to the door on the right, looked in, and pulled right back out with my hand over my eyes.
“MY EYES!”
“What’s wrong?!” Mollie gasped, running to my side.
“It’s too bright in there.” I complained over reacting to the sunshine yellow, bright red, and flame orange room. It looked like the surface of the sun in there. Mollie looked inside and laughed.
“Well this is obviously mine and George’s room.”
“You think?” I said sarcastically as I hip bumped her.
“How can you tell?” Draco asked.
“Look inside and you’ll know.” Mollie told him. He poked his head in and looked at the bright colors.
“It is bright in here. It’s very tastefully decorated though and the way the colors are put together it looks like the sun.”
“We know, Draco.” I told him smiling while Mollie, George, and I tried to hide our laughter. He looked at me and his ears turned slightly pink in a blush. “And if the colors weren’t a giveaway there a skittles on every available surface.”
“SKITTLES!” Mollie screamed and I caught her and pulled he out of her room and closed the door. “KITTY?! WHY!?”
“Not until after we see mine and Draco’s room Mollie Wollie.” I chastised her lightly and led her over to the other door and opened it. It was decorated in Midnight blue, black, silver, and white. It was like standing on the surface of the moon. A bright white, soft carpet, black and midnight blue swirled walls with the constellations and other stars painted on the walls and ceiling.
“It’s so pretty!” I said looking around. I spotted Rees’s Pieces all around the room in crystal bowls like the skittles in Mollie’s room.
“Can I have the skittles, now?” Mollie asked wining at me. I sighed.
“Fine, George go with her and watch her. Make sure she only has a few.”
“Why is that?”
“Your funeral if you let her have more than you think is necessary kid.” I warned and watched him walk out of the room and close the door on Draco and me. I looked around the room and saw two dressers, a door that was standing slightly ajar that led to the bathroom and a large walk in closet with Draco’s things on one side and mine on the other. Draco had WAY more stuff than should be possible for a boy, but then again he does value his appearance a lot. I turned and saw a window that looked out over the lake and smiled, then I looked at the beds. One was Draco’s, it was the same size as the regular school beds and the bedding and hangings were black, then there was my bed. Half of my cocoon was enlarged to form a bed. It was HUGE, bigger than my bed at Gammy Ashling’s house and that bed is an extra large king bed. Not only was it huge but it was perfectly round as well. The bright blue sapphire jutting up around the edges of the mattress, I ran my fingers over some of the stone to discover that it had power radiating out of it and it was smooth, not sharp. I ran my hand over the blue and silver tie-dye bedding and smiled at how soft it was. I looked over at Draco and smiled at him.
“So Draco, what do you think of our room?”
“It’s more extravagant than my room at home and my room at your Grandmother’s house put together.” He said running his hand over his bedding. “My bedding is made out of baby Unicorn hair. It’s really hard to find it and when you do it costs several thousand galleons depending on the size and the extravagance of the bed set and color. Dark colors are the most expensive besides blue. For some reason blue doesn’t want to stick to the hair all that well and it takes years to make.” He mused and came over to my bed and felt the bedding. “Yours is the same, I wonder how they made the pattern.”
“Draco, it’s called tie-dye. I can teach you how to make it if you like.”
“You know how to do this?” I smiled and laughed a little.
“Yes. Mollie and I went through this phase a couple years ago where we refused to where anything unless it was tie-dyed. EVERYTHING was tie-dyed, even our socks and under garments. Mom and Dad thought we were funny and they even humored us and taught us how to make it ourselves so they didn’t have to go out and buy it, and the patterns you can make yourself are better and you don’t have to use colors you don’t like. For example if you look through what we did ourselves you won’t find ANY pink at all, because neither of us likes it particularly well.”
“I see. Is it easy?”
“Yeah, but you have to be patient otherwise it will look bad.”
“Ok, I would love to learn how then.”
“How does a few weeks from now sound? I have to send Mom a letter asking her for the stuff and then she has to box it up and get it here after she finds it.”
“Sounds good to me then. We should ask Mollie and George if they want to do it, too, so that your Mom can send you enough of the stuff you need.”
“Very Gryffindor of you Draco, you can ask them, I’ll watch.” He nodded and we walked out of our room and over to Mollie and Gorge’s room and he knocked on the door.
“ENTER IF YOU DARE!!!” Mollie called out in her best evil voice and I sighed and opened the door to see her bouncing around the room and George hiding in the bathroom.
“MOLLIE AOFIE SHEEHAN! SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND LISTEN!” I yelled and she plopped down on the floor where she was and looked at me her best innocent face on. “I know better than to give in to you, so don’t give me that face little sister. George, you can come out now.” George walked tentatively out of the bathroom and looked at the three of us.
“I’m sorry Cat, she already had most of a bowl eaten when I got in here.” I turned from him and glared at her.
“Mollie what did I say?”
“A few.” She sang at me.
“And how many do I consider a FEW to be?” I inquired and the boys laughed at the slightly terrified look on Mollie’s face.
“No more than four hand fulls.”
“Exactly. Your punishment is now you only get as many as George thinks you’ve been good enough to deserve.” I waved my hands in the air and conjured air force fields around all the bowls of skittles that only George and I could get through. Now, Draco has a question.” I looked at him and so did the other two.
“Cat is going to teach me how to tie-dye and I thought it might be fun if all of us did it together. Cat is going to ask you two’s mom to send her the stuff so she will need to ask for the right amount for all of us. Would you two want to join us?” He asked rambling slightly.
“YES!” Mollie squealed and jumped up and hugged him excitedly shocking the rest of us. “Hey kitty!?”
“Yes dear?” I answered cautiously.
“Can I tie-dye Malfoy’s hair?”
“You can’t, Mollie dear. His head won’t fit in the bucket.” I told her warning in my voice.
“Oh DARN! Oh well, yeah we want to tie-dye too!! When!?”
“As soon as mom sends me the stuff smart one. I’m going to send her a letter in a little bit asking for it all.”
“Do I get a say in this?” George asked.
“No.” Mollie told him simply.
“Ok then, I guess I’ll tie-dye, too.”
“YAY!!” Mollie squealed and jumped at him hugging him tightly and kissing his cheek. George’s face turned bright red and I laughed and Draco smiled. Mollie looked at him curiously and walked to him. She examined him closely and poked and pulled on his face.
“Cat, I think he’s broken.”
“Why is that?” I asked looking at the two of them as Mollie continued to pull and scrunch Draco’s face causing him to start laughing and Mollie to jump back slightly scared.
“INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS!” She yelled and pointed at him and I burst out laughing and fell to the floor holding my sides.
“What is she going on about?” Draco asked looking at her and backing away slightly as she ran and hid behind George.
“It’s an old, and really bad, muggel movie.” I gasped wiping the tears from my eyes. “Mollie, that IS Draco. Not a body snatcher.”
“But he’s being nice without you reminding him to, he hasn’t used any of the rude names that he calls me and George since George and I went to talk, he SMILED a REAL smile, and then…” She paused for dramatic effect a moment. “HE LAUGHED!” That caused all three of us to laugh.
“Mollie love, even though he is who he is, and a right royal git, he’s still a human and is capable of BEING humane to others if he chooses.” George told her trying to quell his laughter.
“But it’s MALFOY!” Mollie insisted looking at the three of us.
“You want to know a secret Mollie?” George asked her and she looked up at him the DUH look firmly in place. “In primary school Fred, Ron, and me were all friends with Malfoy.”
“WHAT?!” Mollie and I demanded looking at the two of them accusingly.
“It’s true.” Draco told us. “We were all friends until Ronald and I were nine. It was after Forge and Gred left for school. I was really upset one day when I came to school because I was sick and I had just learned I needed glasses the day before and received them and been told I had to wear them all the time. Ginger walked up to me in the hall like always then he saw my glasses and started laughing and tearing into me about them and I lost control. That was my first bit of powerful accidental magic. I turned him pink, gave him elephant ears, and a pig’s tail. He went and told everyone I was an evil prat and that I did it on purpose. I was kicked out and Father arranged for me to go to a different school where I met Crab, Goyle, and Blaise.” Draco explained.
“Why do you think Ron, Fred, and I call him ferret all the time?”
“Because he looks like one?” Mollie asked and Draco and George rolled their eyes.
“No Mollie dear. That was the nickname we gave him, like a ferret he could get in and out of ANYWHERE without getting caught.”
“Yeah but because Ginger decided to tell all you lot that I hexed him with dark magic or some other nonsense you were all forbidden to see me again and he poisoned you two against me. I was closer to the twins than Ginger anyway. He just tagged along with us all the time because we were the kids everybody loved to be around.” Draco finished and the two of us looked at the boy’s shocked. “Oh, and Gred, “
“Yes Ferret?”
“I still can get in and out without being caught.”
“BRILIENT! Then you can come with me later then.” George winked and then kicked Mollie and me out and closed and locked the door behind us leaving Draco in Mollie and his room with him.
“I’m scared.” Mollie told me.
“You think? Draco’s already an incredible prankster, and so are the twins. If they were friends and they get to be friends again can you IMAGINE the state of chaos the school would be in?”
“OH NO! HIDE!” and she ran off with that. I smiled and ran after her, and thus began the best game of hide and seek Hogwarts has ever seen!
♠ ♠ ♠
COMENT PLEASE!!!!! We WOULD LOVE to know what y'all think of our world!