What Happend Last Summer...

Who I Am

So I’m Avery. Small town girl with a big time problem. I was so normal, happy and popular February….not looking for love at all. Then along came Matt. He was new to our school. Well new in town for that matter. His family had just moved here from Aspen, CO and moved right next door where Old Mr. Sanders used to live. Turns out, that Mr. Sanders was his Great Grandpa. His dad owned an oil company and decided that it was a perfect opportunity to expand it so they picked up and moved down here to our little town in Oakwoods, Tennessee. Anyways, the first time I saw Matt was in the hall at school, being that I know everything about everyone and I know everyone I was surprised when I saw him. I turned to my best friend Becca Mahu and whispered ,” Oh my god Becs, whos that total hottie talking to your boyfriend?” She whirled around and got a puzzled look on her face, smiled, then said way too loudly, “I don’t know but we’re deff going to find out”. She started off down the hall so, of course I followed her. She waltzed right up to Matt and Daniel (Her bf) and said, “Hey baby, who’s your friend?” Just like Becca to get straight to the point, got to love that girl. Turns out he was showing Matt around for the day, Principle Turner’s orders. The first time Matt smiled at me I felt special; he looked at me like I was the only girl in the hall that deserved his attention. Now that I think about, it was more like a shark looking at its prey….Ready to devour it at any given moment. The first thing Matt said to me was, “Hey I’m Matt, Your really pretty”. My heart just about melted and if you’ve ever had that moment when time just seems to stand still….well that was mine. I could barely tell him my name back, I know it sounds ridiculous but at that moment I fell for Matt Sanders.