If I'm Not Out Burning.

2.

Good morning baby. I love you. Expect doughnuts 2nd period. is what I woke up to. I felt the love emulate from my heart through the entire rest of my body and I wanted to just scream. All I did was smile, though, and my heart ached with love. The feeling stayed with me all day.
I drug my lazy ass out of bed and turned on some Wiz, closing my eyes and imagining my usual morning routine of reaching under my bed and grabbing my shoe box rapped in duct tape, fiending for that blunt that was calling my name. But alas, I shook my head and walked into my bathroom to get ready.
Brush teeth, put on face, brush hair, straighten hair, frolic through some Victoria Secret perfume, and exit for the bedroom. I picked out my clothes – a uniform of a polo and some jeans – and slipped on my strap shoes. Just as I slipped my Jansport backpack on my phone vibrated from my bed.
I’m here! from a Ms. Victoria popped onto my screen and I ran down the stairs, grabbed an apple, called by to my mom, and ran out the door. Climbing in her little red car I sighed, looking at her and shaking my head. “You wouldn’t even believe my night…”
“Oh, don’t even get me started on my night, girl – fuck that, my weekend! Don’t even remember Friday night,” she said, laughing as she zoomed out of my street.
I laughed. “I volcano-ed Sunday morning.”
“That, hun, is why you don’t drink,” she laughed. “Stick to smoking – drinking is so my thing, not yours.”
“Gimme’ a beer and a bonfire and I’m content; Bacardi does not do it for me.” I laughed, recalling the night, and looked out the window. Nothing like a nice Florida morning to put you in a smoking mood…fuck my life.

~


I crossed my legs and adjusted my headphones so my teacher couldn’t see them in my ears. French and I don’t exactly click, but I need the credit to pass high school.
The door opened and my doughnuts appeared.
“Those are mine!” I shouted, jumping up before the student could even pass my seat next to the door. “Thanks, gimme’,” I demanded nicely, snatching the small box from the boy’s hands. My teacher looked at me, her eyes squinting. “Get those headphones out of your ears, child.”
“Fuck,” I groaned, slamming my doughnuts on my desk and ripping my headphones out of my ears. I was just gonna put them back in five minutes later, but stillfuck.
“Stop whining and gimme’ a doughnut,” Victoria demanded from next to me, snatching a blueberry crème doughnut out of the box. I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone out of my pocket.
Thank you for the doughnuts, baby – I love you more than anything. I sent it and put my headphones back in, some Marley helping my day ease along.