The Bride

The Mansion

Katherine led us through the beautiful house, through decorative halls ornate with oil paintings and rooms crammed with grandeur. It was hard to take in, the sights and colors. Claire saw nothing of this scene, and immediately wandered off to find a dashing young bloke. I however followed Katherine, staring with wide eyes at the lovely home that death resides in.

We had just finished looking around upstairs at the bedrooms, I having picked out a tiny room that had a beautiful view of the forest, when we walked into the ball room. I stopped short, my heart pounding wildly. The ball room was that of an old time Cinderella story: a large marble staircase, marble floors, and beautiful views of the outside. The beauty of this place shocked me, but what shocked me was what I also saw. Dust, about five inches thick, covered everything,as if no one had thought about stepping a foot in this room. I turned to Katherine, my head tilted.

"Why don't they use this room?" I asked her, shaking my head.

She sighed, "I don't know. Ever since the house has been abandoned, people fear stepping into this room."

"Why?"

Katherine looked around, then she stared at me, nervous, " From what I've heard, there was this grand ball, magnificent. Sometime during the party, a young maiden disappeared. She was exquisite, having honey blonde hair and emerald green eyes. Anyway, the young man she was with searched for her."

"What happened? Did they find her?"

She nodded, "Yes, they did find her, but not in the way they expected. She had been killed, her beautiful face slashed ruthlessly. Ever since that, they never had another ball."

"How sad," I said, shaking my head, "this room is beautiful. Why waste such a thing?"

She shrugged her shoulders, her guess as good as mine. We walked out of there, talking how we should have a dance in there, when I bumped into him.Looking up, I stared into midnight black eyes nearly covered by his black hair. It was the gentleman from the train. I blushed and apologized at my rudeness.

"I had no idea you would be here!" I said, laughing.

"Well," he paused, " I was on my way to a boring vacation, but I thought about you traveling here, wanting to defy the world. I thought it would be fun to brake the rules for once."

I smiled, I liked this guy," I'm Anna. Sorry I didn't introduce myself to you in the beginning."

He laughed, deep and seductive, " It's perfectly fine. I'm Lord Nex, pleasant to meet you."

I blushed under Katherine's gaze, she was dumbfounded. She stared at Nex with a curious glance, as if she had seen him before. However, it seemed that he did not remember her, he just merely went to find a room. I turned to Katherine, suddenly feeling tired.

"Hey,I'm gonna go take a nap. Can you call me when dinners ready?"

"Most certainly!" she chuckled.

I nodded, dashing off to the stairs. Climbing up them, I finally found my room, the last one on the right. Opening the door, I quietly closed it, slipping into the king size bed guarded by four bed posts, a silver curtain draped form it. I quickly fell into a deep sleep, filled with the thoughts of my arranged marriage.