Status: Completed

Hit Me

Love will tear us apart

“I want to go home,” Ryan sobs.

“You can’t go home. You’re coming to stay with me and that’s final.”

Ryan slams the bathroom door shut and soon emerges with his regular clothes on. The two leave the hospital together, Ryan with his arms crossed in the passenger seat not saying a word.

They arrive at Brendon’s apartment half an hour later and Ryan flops onto the couch. “Do you want anything?” Brendon offers. “I have all kinds of stuff in the fridge. I went shopping yesterday and bought all your favorites.”

“I want to go home.”

Brendon sighs and sits beside the older boy. “Look Ry, you can’t go home. That guy back there doesn’t love you. He hit you. What don’t you understand about that?”

“He does love me,” Ryan argues, defending his twisted relationship.

“No he doesn’t.”

“You don’t know him,” he protests.

“I don’t need to know him. He hit you Ryan. Anyone who loves you would never do that.”

“Would you?”

“I love you Ryro. Of course not. You’re safe with me. I promise.”
---

That night Ryan awakens screaming and thrashing in his bed. “No! Please stop!” he yells. Brendon shakes him awake.

“It’s okay. He can’t hurt you ever again. I’m here.”

“Brenny?” Ryan whimpers helplessly.

“Yeah?”

“Don’t leave me…please,” he begs.

“I promise I won’t.”
---

In the morning Ryan is staring at himself in the mirror. “I look disgusting.”

“No, you look beautiful as always.”

“What do you know anyway,” Ryan shrugs.

“I know that you deserve so much better. I know that you are beautiful and talented and loved. I know that you will get through this and I know I will never leave your side because I care that fucking much. Got it?”

Ryan nods, biting his bruised lip. Tears start to fall down his face. “He hit me Brenny…”

Brendon hugs the older boy tightly. “It’s okay now. It’s going to be alright.”
---

“This is my message to you. Don’t worry about a thing cause every little thing’s gonna be alright,” Brendon sings, strumming his guitar while sitting on the couch. Ryan watches carefully until the song is over then runs and throws his arms around Brendon.

Brendon smiles. “You’re welcome Ryan.”

“Thank you…for everything.”

“I love you Ry. Don’t ever forget it.”

“I won’t.”

“Promise?”

Ryan smiles for the first time in a month. “I promise. I love you too Brenny.”

Their lips touch then Ryan is curling up in Brendon’s arms where he knows he will forever be safe. He listens to his favorite sound in the world, Brendon singing and knows everything really will be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope it turned out ok. I've never had an abusive relationship and do not want to offend anyone.
---
439 words