Issues

1/1

“Woooo! Let’s get the party started ya’ll!” I shouted at the top of my lungs as I held a glass of my favorite liquor. I grinned from ear to ear as I heard others cheering with me, I laughed as I threw back the shot in one gulp.

The familiar warm sensation drenched my body as I wobbled across the table I was standing on. I never felt happier as I belted out the tune that was blasting through the stereo in the club. I heard someone calling my name but I just thought it was a figment of my imagination so I continued to sing waving my arms from side to side.

“Anum!”

A hand grabbed me, yanking me down from the table as I yelped from the sheer force they used on me. Falling into the strong muscular chest I giggled knowing it was my boyfriend of three years when I saw the tattoos he possessed.

Tilting my head up, “Hola Sergi!” I screamed in his face.

Sergio held me away from him for a moment trying not to gag from the strong scent that was left on my breath. “How much have you been drinking?” he commanded.

I rolled my dark eyes at his parental voice that he always had whenever I did something that was disapproving to him. I swear this man was a buzz kill sometimes. Smiling at him to get him to join in on the fun I threw a hand up showing him how many drinks I had so far.

His honey eyes bulged out, “Eight drinks?!”

“That’s not including the shots!” I replied cheerfully.

He shook his head before grabbing me again saying that we were leaving. I started to pout when he dragged me away from the table I was standing on a few minutes before he decided to ruin my fun. “Awww, why? Why do you have to be such a party pooper?”

The cold night air hit our faces when he dragged me out of the club; having a hard time walking in my heels I stopped him so I could take off my heels before we continued on. I knew for a fact that if I ran back to the club he would just carry me away.

I heard him sigh, “Someone has to look after you and I know you are going to be sick in the morning or when we get home. Do you know that you have to take better care of yourself? I can’t be doing this every single night we go out”

“You don’t have to! I swear you act like you’re a parent instead of my boyfriend. Let loose Sergio! Why can’t you be like you use to be when we first started dating?” I retorted back.

“I swear Seraphina is a lot more fun than you are” I mumbled crossing my arms.

His body went tense at my best friend’s name; it has been some time since I have seen her. I was excited to see her since they were coming home for their wedding that was going to take place in about a week.

But I thought before we went we should have a bit more fun before Seraphina swarms me with things to help her with. I dragged my feet until we got into the car, the whole ride was silent and I started to whisper a random song under my breath to relieve some of the tension.

Nothing really happened during or after the car ride. He just helped me in bed as I continued to slur some words together sharing with him that he should have fun with me like he use to. He wasn’t always so uptight.

Sergio would fool around with me at the beginning of our relationship but after a while especially when we went on the vacation to Miami with Fernando and the others we have been a bit tense. It seems almost unnatural.

We tried to push things aside and resolve our issues but as the years went on the more frequent our fights became. It always seems to be about the same thing, me being wild and uncontrollable while he acted like he had a stick up his ass.

What happened to his care free nature?

He told me that it was a part of growing up and someday I would know what he was talking about. I never took anything he said to heart because I don’t see why you have to change your behavior just because you were getting older.

Just because he was 25 didn’t mean he had to be so serious all the time, he could still have fun. But of course he would always tell me that I didn’t understand since I was 21 and was still a child. I don’t think he knows but 21 is considered an adult but whatever.

Sergio was still there for me when I saw my food come up that night and the very next morning. Took care of me but never said a word to me. It was frustrating to see him like that because he was acting like a child instead of the adult he wanted to be.

I decided that two can play at that game and not talk to him until he decided to come around.

My eyes were planting on his figure as he stood beside me waiting for Fernando and the twins to walk to the baggage claim. Sucking on my teeth as I waited tediously for them to come so I can get out of this awkward situation.

One thing I hated more than anything was being around someone who made things awkward and well Sergio was doing that to me.

“Anum!”

I turned around to see Eli pick me up, spinning me as I laughed at his child like nature. I grinned from ear to ear when he set me down, finally someone who was like me. I embraced the slightly older boy, “I missed you too Eli. Where is your sister and future brother in law?” I looked behind him to see if they were there.

He sheepishly smiled saying that he ran over here because he was really excited to see us. I forced a smile when he went to greet Sergio. Biting the inside of my cheek I stood on the tip of my toes to see if I could see the couple anywhere.

I squealed when I saw my best friend holding hands with Fernando. “Fifi!” I ran towards her and tackled her in a hug. She laughed, “I see you haven’t changed a bit Anum” her soft voice flooded into my ear.

I nodded before I greeted Fernando who in turn greeted me back. Fernando kissed Seraphina’s cheek telling her that he was going to get their bags leaving her blushing. I nudged her as she held her cheek, “Still love struck I see”

She bit her lip as I glanced at the engagement ring that was on her ring finger. “Chica, let me see that huge rock he bought ya” she pulled her hand out with a smile. It was a beautiful ring, a silver band with diamonds all around while there was a pretty decent size rock in the middle.

Complimenting the ring on her finger she started to chat away how wonderful Fernando was being. After what they have been through with Olalla, her family, and cancer they have been stronger than ever.

It wasn’t any surprise to me that they were getting married after only dating for two years, I was a bit jealous that Sergio hasn’t popped the question yet and we were going out longer than Fernando and Seraphina were.

But I guess everyone has their own pace.

“How are you and Sergio doing?” Seraphina smiled while we sat down in the house that Sergio bought for the both of us last year. I never seen my best friend talk so much in my life, Fernando has changed her for the better because throughout the whole car ride she went on and on about what life was like in Liverpool and then went on to talk about their recent move to London.

I shrugged, “We’re getting by”

I know it was bad enough to pretend that I didn’t care and everything was fine because it wasn’t. I was scared about what was happening to our relationship. It’s never been this bad before, I bit my thumb as Seraphina gave me a worried expression.

“Getting by? What do you mean by that? I thought you were doing better than that? What happened now Anum, what did you do?”

I scoffed, “Why do you have to point fingers at me for? I didn’t do anything”

She rolled her eyes, “Anum. I knew you did something to upset Sergio, you have been doing this for years and he has been telling me about it too-“

“He calls you?” I cut in, I never knew that Sergio kept in touch with Seraphina. Why didn’t he tell me this?

She nodded, “Yeah but usually talks to Nando the most. I overheard them talking the other day about the fight you both had.”

“We weren’t fighting” I said firmly.

“So dancing around drunk and telling Sergio that he needed to lighten up while he told you to grow up was not fighting?”

“It was more like sharing what we thought of one another with raised voices that’s all” Seraphina sighed before she shared with me, “You need to stop being so childish all the time. At least hear what he has to say and why he wants to change so much. There’s a reason behind everything, I know he has jealously issues but you worked that out. It seems like once you get through something, another problem pops up. You need to communicate better with him”

I leaned more into my chair, “It doesn’t matter if I want to talk Fifi, and all we do is fight if we wanted to communicate. That’s how it’s always been” I responded, “It’s even getting worse”

“See? You need to talk to him about this, be honest and calm when you say that. Don’t raise your voice because you know that riled him up.” she leaned closer to me “Promise me that you will talk to him before the wedding? I don’t want the maid of honor and best man to be awkward around each other”

I gave in, promising her that I was going to talk to him before that day came.

I was such a liar. I avoided him at all cost until the day of the wedding, fixing my dress thinking about the many opportunities I had to talk to my boyfriend. I tried to but it wasn’t working out and my mouth always went dry when I tried to.

My pride was getting in the way of me talking to him, being vulnerable wasn’t my strong suit and either was talking seriously. I always wanted to have fun while Sergio was changing into someone new, I felt like I was losing him because of that change.

Helping Seraphina calm down and fixing her hair, “Don’t worry Fifi, he loves you” I reassured her.

“Yeah Fifikins he loves you and wouldn’t walk out on you now” I tensed at the voice that was right next to us. I swallowed hard seeing Sergio in a tux and cursed when I had dirty thoughts plague my mind. Seraphina gave us a shaky smile before she linked arms with her father who helped soothe her.

We all walked down the aisle until everyone stood up for the bride, she did look very beautiful walking in a slow pace with her father beaming with pride. Olalla stood next to me who whispered “Doesn’t she look beautiful?”

I nodded before my eyes darted to Fernando who looked like he was on cloud nine, a twinge of jealously came out again wishing it was Sergio and I getting married today. I hung in there throughout the whole service glancing at Sergio the whole time.

Sipping on water that was on the table watching Fernando and Seraphina take their first dance as husband and wife I heard, “Not drinking alcohol I see”

“I don’t drink that much Ramos” I spat.

Not giving him a glance, hurt that he thinks that I would drink that much. I didn’t really only when we went out to clubs that was the only time I would really get wild. “Why are you so mad? Shouldn’t I be the one mad at you?” he questioned.

My dark eyes flickered to his figure for a minute, “It was your choice to talk to me. So I’m guessing that your either still mad at me or want to talk about what happened”

He nodded before scooting closer so he could whisper in my ear so we wouldn’t get any glances our way. “Why do you always have to be so wild when we go out? You do realize you can have fun without being wasted.”

I turned my head towards him to block people from our view, “It’s just how I have fun. Why do you have to treat me like a child? I’m not that much younger that you and last time I remembered you’re my boyfriend not my father”

Hurt flashed in my eyes making Sergio’s eyes soften, “I am only trying to protect you. You do reckless things and I don’t want you to get hurt”

“Protect me from what? Nothing really happens when I'm drunk Sergio” I added.

“Seeing you like that reminds me of what I use to do. I just don’t want you to do something you were going to regret later on.” He replied

I bit my lip looking into his eyes for the first time in over a week, “Why do you have a desperate need of changing who you are? You do know that you can act crazy sometimes and not have that stick up your ass 24/7”

He chuckled at the last bit before he answered, “I realized that I can’t be the same way I was before because I am with you. I knew that I had to change my ways and not be that man who slept with different women. I didn’t want to hurt you so I wanted to change not only for myself but for you too”

“You being with me just made me want to change for the better. To hold you and to protect you. I don’t ever want to let you go.” He said softly.

He cupped my face as his thumbs stroked my cheeks, he got out of his seat before he kneeled. My eyes widened not believing what he was doing.

“So answer me this, Anum, will you marry me?” he asked with such hopefulness.

My mouth dropped, realizing that he came over here not to just make up but to propose to me?! My mouth was dry and couldn’t trust my voice so all I did was nod. Sergio broke out into a huge smile as he slid the ring on my finger.

I heard cheering from all around us, I looked up to see everyone looking at us with a grin on their faces. Especially Fernando and Seraphina, I put two and two together and realized that they must have planned all this to happen.

I pouted when I saw my best friend gave me a knowing looking seeing that she knew that I didn’t talk to Sergio like I promised. My fiancé chuckled “She told you didn’t she?” I asked with suspicion about me wanting to settle down.

“Sort of, she gave me the motive to go ahead and do it because I doubted myself to ask you. I didn’t think you would want to settle down yet until Seraphina reassured me that you wanted to” he answered.

A smile broke out of my face as I crashed my lips onto Sergio in sheer happiness, thanking my best friend for pushing us to resolve our issues.

“I love you”

“I love you too Mrs. Ramos” I blushed at my new name that I was going to have in a matter of time. Having Sergio by my side and friends as well I knew that we could get through anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided last minute to have a spin off of I need an angel and I think it's you because it would make so much more sense to do it since Anum and Sergio were together in that story already. So I hope you like it Anum and happy birthday Sergio!

P.S. this has nothing to do with the story i am working on. The whole wedding and Sera living is still on the fence with my original story. I thought it would seem fit for this story that they were getting married and such. If you want to read my story here's the link! I need an angel and I think it's you