Sequel: Breathe
Status: Being Written ;)

Trouble for Me

I am not touching her again.

Jonathan:
I quickly called some of the other guys and they offered to come with me to the hospital. Keith,Crawford, and Brouwer came with me. I called coach and talked to him. He was going to see if our game could be moved since most of the guys were going to be at the hospital sooner or later. We got to the hospital and they took Nicole right away. She had been taken for x-rays and then they gave her a room. I held her hand, remembering the day she first shook it in the locker room. She was lying there so faint. It was like a Nicole I have never seen before. She was normally so full of light and happiness. Now she seemed broken down and defeated. "Mr.Toews?" "Yes doctor?" "We have the results of the x-rays." "How does it look?" "She has two fractured ribs. Lots of bruising all over. What happened?" "That's why I am waiting for her to wake up so I can try and figure that out. But I know she needs her rest right now." "Yes, well it is nice that you guys are here for her." "We would be here no matter what." "I can tell you guys really care for her." "Yes sir." "Well I need to get back to my patients." "Of course, thank you sir."

"Jon! She's waking up." I ran back over to the bed, now surrounded by my team mates, except Kaner of course. "Nicole? It's us." I held her hand and I felt her squeeze back. She slowly opened her eyes. "Hi guys." Tears were filling my eyes along with some of the other guys. "How are you feeling Nicole?" "Okay, a little sore." She held her side. "You have two fractured ribs. Nicole what happened?" All the guys had chairs and were sitting around Nicole waiting to hear the story. Tears were filling her eyes. "I thought I could trust him. I don't know what changed." "Nicole, are you saying Beau did this to you?" All the guys now seemed worried. "No. It wasn't Beau. It was Kaner, he did all of this. The bruises, the fractured ribs. Just Kaner." The guys were pissed now. After the way Kaner stuck up for her and wanted to protect her, he turns on her. "Beau was there, he thought that Kaner brought me there to talk. Kaner had other ideas.

Nicole:
"Look all he is gonna do is just talk with you and make sure you don't tell any more secrets that could ruin his career." Kane grabbed my arms to make sure I couldn't fight back. "Whoa, Kane all we are doing is talking. I'm not touching her again." "Come on! Why am I even helping you? I thought you wanted me to lure her here so you can make sure she doesn't squeal again." "Yeah, but I am not going to hurt her." He threw me into the wall and went after Beau. "You just used me. I use people, they don't use me." "Oh really?" He punched Beau in the face and threw him to the ground and kick him in the stomach a few times, to make sure he wouldn't be getting up. "Now, I promised him I would help him out. I keep my promises." "You sure about that Kaner? I recall you breaking you're promise about your drinking problem." He kicked me in the stomach and I heard a snap or some type of breaking sound. He continued to hit me and kick me. Then he let Beau go eventually and he carried me to another room and laid me in front of a door, then Jon found me.

All the guys were telling me how much they wanted to kill Kaner. I did too, but they had to focus on the playoffs not me. They had to leave in a few hours for Chicago, I don't want to be the reason for them missing there game. Coach came in and all the guys were sleeping in their chairs. "How long have they been out?" "About 2 hours. They can sleep on the plane right?" "I don't know if we are gonna play, we might move the game." "No coach! I'm not gonna be the reason you guys can't play." Jon and some of the other guys were waking up. "What's going on? Hey coach." "Hi Tazer. Look Nicole, I don't want to rush your health. If you need to stay in the hospital longer the team can wait." "It's not fair to the guys,the fans, the other team. As much as I hate the canucks it's not fair to them." Jon came over and grabbed my hands. "Look Nicole, we are a family, we want you to be healthy. Family makes sacrifices for each other. This is one we might have to make for you." "Fine, but if the doctor says I can leave then I am getting on a plane with you guys to Chicago." He and coach btoh shook my hand. "Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
So now we sort of know what Kaner did. I thinking of maybe ending this and making a sequel that continues it on? I will do a few more chapters of this story though. So let me know either; YES for a sequel or NO not yet. Thanks!