Sequel: Bittersweet Words
Status: One Shot

Turn Right ; Into My Arms

i really do miss you;

I waited on the other end of the phone for him to answer for the hundredth time in the last hour. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted him to talk to me. All I got was voice-mail. I hung up and tried again. Voice-mail. I sighed out of frustration and threw my phone across the room.

Jacob, my best friend, has not been answering my phone calls. Its been weeks since I've talked to him or even seen him. I mean I know he needed his space but this was ridiculous. I didn't know what to do. I missed him.

My phone begin to ring, I desperately ran to the direction of where I threw it. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, Janelle?" It was Jake's dad. My somewhat excitement disappeared.

"Oh hi Mr. Dentin," I put my knees up to my chest. "I thought you were Jake."

"Yeah that's what I was calling for." I stayed quiet so he could continue. "Jacob hasn't been out of his room since the funeral and I'm worried. I can't stay with him because I have to work and I was wondering if you could stay with him?" That shouldn't have even been a question.

"Of course I would stay with him."

"OK great you can come over whenever you're ready." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

I packed a small bag of clothes. I didn't know how long I would be there but I plan to stay as long as I could. Walking downstairs I heard my mom in the kitchen. I should probably tell her that I'm going to be gone for a few days.

"Mom staying over Jake's for a few days!" I yelled from the door. It took awhile for her to respond but she said it was alright. I knew that my mom didn't really want me to go over the Dentin's house because she too thought they needed their space.

It would probably make more sense if I explained. See Jake is my best friend since forever and recently he had just lost the closet thing to him. His mom. It was the worst thing to happen to Jake. His mother was the best mom ever. I mean if I could trade my mom for her I would. So when she died, to me it was like losing a second mom. And it was devastating.

It was so bad that Jacob hasn't been to school since after the funeral. He was in the extreme depressed. I wanted to be there for him. To comfort him. And I was gonna do it whether he liked it or not. One thing that was gonna be the hardest is what to say to him. I never really thought about it until now. But I'm sure something will come to my mind.

I was so much in thought that I didn't even realize that I was already walking up the steps to Jacob's house. I stopped in front of the big red door. Taking in a deep breath I knocked on the door. A few moments later the door was opened to reveal Mr. Dentin with a suitcase in hand.

"I'm glad you're here, I'll be leaving for work. You can just make yourself at home." He said as I walked inside the warm house.

"Thanks Mr. D, we'll be fine."

Just before he walked completely out the door, he turned to me with a serious face. "Take care of my son please." I nodded and he shut the door.

How could I not.

I was walking up the stairs feeling very jittery and excited like a child that was getting a present. I also felt nervous. I finally arrived to the door that belonged to Jacob. I didn't bother knocking because I never did.

I walked in on Jake putting on a shirt. My face immediate red as I caught a glimpse of his ABS.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and I quickly averted my eyes to his face.

"Well...your dad asked if I would come and stay with you."

He scoffed and made his way to his bed. "I don't need a babysitter Janelle. I'm not gonna hurt myself." At the end of his sentence he threw the covers over his head. I was a little still on the fact that I heard him say my name in a while.

"That's not why I'm here." I walked over to a near by chair that was placed next to his bed. "I'm here because...I missed you." I basically whispered but I made sure he heard me. He didn't respond.

Did he not want to talk to me. Or did he not want me here. I looked down at my feet. I hated the feeling of not being wanted by him. And I always wanted Jacob.

"You know you can't just stay in bed Jake-"

"Don't call me that." His whole head showed from underneath the blanket. His eyes held this glare that sent shivers down my spine and his voice had sternness that it basically scared me. But if he thought that that was gonna shoo me away then he was wrong.

"I'm sorry," I said as he went back to his previous position. "But Jacob, you can't just stay in your bed, alone." No response. "Okay, if your not going to get out of bed then I'm just gonna get in." I took off my shoes, socks, jacket, and pants. Which left me in my shirt and boy shorts.

I didn't have a problem with being in the same bed with Jacob with only my underwear on. It wasn't weird to us. It never was.

Pulling back the comforter I crawled into the warm bed, scooting closer towards Jacob. His back was towards me. "Please Jacob," I pleaded. "Please talk to me. I really do miss you."

I knew he hesitated at first but he soon gave in and turned to face me. Now that that I had a closer view on his face, I could see all the details in it. His face was pale and looked washed out, his beautiful green eyes that once sparkled every time he smiled was now lifeless and had bags under them. I knew that he had smiled in days.

It wasn't long before tears begin to slide down his cheeks. No, he didn't make a sound so they kind of caught me by surprise. When he knew that I saw them, he slowly pulled me into a hug and held me tightly. I did the same.

"I miss her so much." He choked out as I cooed him. I felt his warm tears make my shoulder wet. It broke my heart to see Jacob cry, I hated it. I hated it so much that a few tears escaped and flowed down my cheek. But I knew that he needed to get it out.

"I know, Its okay I'm here. We're gonna get through this, together." I held back the sounds of my tears.

So that was the night that my best friend and I cried together and it sure wouldn't be the last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

=]