Alone In The Dark With You By My Side

First Day

I clung nervously to Eric as we made our way through the crowded hallway. It was my first day of high school, and I was not ready to face the terrors that awaited. He squeezed my hand to let me know that it was okay. He led me to my homeroom teacher’s classroom. I stepped inside, but I stopped as I realized that he wasn’t coming inside.

“This isn’t my class, T, ”he told me. I felt my heart race as I realized that he had to leave me to face this mess on my own.

“Why? I mean, who do you have?” I asked nervously.

“Logans, ”he said quietly. My eyes widened.

“That’s on the other side of the campus…”I stated softly. He nodded reluctantly. “Well, what about first period?” He shook his head.

“We don’t have any classes together, T. I’m a senior and you’re a freshman. We have lunch together, though. So, don’t worry too much. I’ll find you between classes though. It’ll be okay. You’ll make it, ”he assured me as he flashed a crooked smile at me. I felt as if I could cry. The bell rang, signaling the students to get to class.

“You have to go…”I muttered. He nodded and hugged me.

“Hey, time will fly and before you know it, you’ll be next to me again. Things will be great, Teagan. Don’t worry about it, ”he advised. I nodded reluctantly. He hugged me once more before walking quickly down the hallway. I nervously turned around and walked back into the classroom. I went to the back of the room and set my stuff down. After the late bell rang, the teacher came into the room. He was a short and plump man who was balding. He wore a bright blue suit with a yellow tie.

“Hello, I’m Mr. Bates. I’ll be your homeroom teacher this year. Today, we are going to give out lockers, ”he announced cheerfully. I decided that he seemed nice enough. He proceeded to hand out a card to each student. Each card gave a locker number and a combination, he explained. He handed me the card and I looked at it.

Locker number: 375
Combination: 1-23-21


“Once you get the card, you are free to go to your first period class. Have a wonderful first day, and welcome to Benefield High School, ”he dismissed with a smile. Everyone merged in a blob that flooded from the classroom. Once out, I decided to locate my locker. I passed at least a hundred lockers before I came to my own. I opened the locker and set my binders and extra supplies inside. I grabbed my Science binder and shoved it into my messenger bag along with a couple of pencils. I shut the locker and headed towards the Science building to find Coach Johnson’s classroom.

All that we did in Science was talk about what we would be covering throughout the year. He distributed textbooks and syllabus forms that we had to bring back. After Science, we had a ten minute break. I took off towards C building to find Eric. I found him coming out of a classroom. He walked over to me and smiled.

“Not that bad, was it?” He asked with a cocky tone.

“No, but it was boring as hell, ”I laughed. He nodded understandingly.

“Well, it’s school. What did you expect?” He pointed out. I nodded, understanding his point. We talked about random things, and all too soon, the ten minutes were over.

“I really hate not being able to see you, ”I groaned. He nodded empathetically.

“But, hey, only two more classes and then, we have lunch together for about thirty minutes. Just hang in there, for me, ”he smiled. I nodded and he hugged me before walking off towards his next class. I walked towards the gym for PE. I was dreading this class the most, for three reasons. One, I was uncoordinated. Two, no one ever picked me for the teams due to reason number one. And three, I was unfit and unhealthy. I had asthma and I weighed 170, which made me a slow runner.

“Alright, listen up!” A woman called out. I sat on the bleachers and listened to her talk about what we’d be doing over the year. She talked about our gym clothes and lockers. After she finished, we were free to talk amongst ourselves. I shrunk back into the bleachers and studied who all would be joining me in the class from Hell. I saw a group of preppy, stuck-up bitches that have hated me since the beginning of time, and yet, I have no idea why. I saw a group of average looking kids. There were two extremely gothic girls sitting next to each other. There were a couple girls that I had recognized from my Science class. Then, there were a couple girls that I had known from middle school who I weren’t exactly friends with, but I knew them, and we talked occasionally.

“Whatcha doing, Egor?” Minnie Plagard called from a few rows down. I looked down at her. “I see you’re looking even more flab-ulous this year.” I bit my tongue and tried my hardest to ignore her. Only two classes in, and I knew this year was going to be Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this story is somewhat based on my real life. I own this story, so please don't steal it. I really appreciate comments and subscribers. Plus, you should check out my millions of other stories! I really just had this idea and I wanted to right about it, so I will. I will be busy a lot, so I have no idea when I'll update. So, if you like it? Let me know so I will update. :P If not, tell me why not. There was something else, but I forgot...

Well, I am so tired I'm about to literally crash. So, give me something to wake up too!

OH! I remembered what I was going to say. There is some shit that happened to me that I will write about, and if you don't like it, I'm sorry. This is my story, and you don't have to read it.

XO
Jaz