Alone In The Dark With You By My Side

Faking Smiles

My phone buzzed as a new message was received. I felt around in the dark for my glasses. When I finally located them, I grabbed my phone and flipped it open.

gess wat??????

wat?

me n minnie are goin out now!!!

I felt my heart split in two.

o…

im so happy!

im glad. im asleep tho…

oops. sry. luv ya buddy!

I couldn’t bring myself to reply to that. I closed my phone and lay it back on the table. I lay back on the bed and sighed. I realized that I must be a weird little kid to him, but I really had hoped that I was wrong. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was to no avail. I glanced at the clock and groaned at the time. It was not even one yet. I thought carefully for a moment before reaching over to my drawer and pulling out a small bottle. I uncapped it and tapped a pill into my palm before recapping it. I set it back in the drawer and grabbed my Diet Mountain Dew, twisting off the cap.

“Well, at least I’ll get some sleep tonight, ”I muttered to myself. I popped the pill into my mouth and took a swig of the soda. I recapped the soda and set it back on the nightstand. I lay back on the bed and stared at the picture of Green Day taped to my ceiling. “Don’t look at me like that, Billie Joe. I can’t sleep.” I began feeling paranoid as his eyes pierced through the darkness. “That’s bullshit! Stop staring at me!” I rolled over and covered my head with the blanket. I lay still under the hot air that was trapped under the blanket. I felt myself being pulled under. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

When I woke in the morning, I glanced at the clock. It was already 7:30. I hurriedly jumped out of bed and threw on the first presumably clean pair of jeans that I could find. I picked up a random shirt and threw it on over my camisole. I grabbed my brush and quickly brushed down my hair and then, I applied some deodorant before grabbing my backpack and hoodie. I took off out of my room and down the hallway. I darted out the front door and jumped in front of my father’s car.

“I need a ride!” I cried quickly. He motioned for me to get in the passenger seat. I quickly hopped in the car and we drove in silence. I shifted uncomfortably in the silence, but he seemed unaffected. As we pulled up at the school, I glanced at the clock on the radio. It was only 7:45. I wasn’t late.

“Have a good day, ”he smiled at me. I nodded and hopped out of the car. “I love you. Do you need a ride after school, or is Eric taking you home?” I just shrugged. “Call me when you find out.” I nodded.

“Alright, see you later, Dad.” I walked through the breezeway and turned into J-Building. I went up the stairs, but much to my dismay, only Liza and Ty were there.

“Hey, T. What’s up?” Ty asked. I just shrugged.

“Nothing much. Where’s Eric?” I asked. They both just shrugged, but Richie came up behind and sighed dramatically.

“He’s in C-Building with Minnie, ”he informed. I raised my brow but shrugged it off. The bell rang, signaling for us to go to first period. I parted ways with the gang and headed towards the Science building. I walked in and noticed that we were working in pairs. I located my desk and glanced at the name tag on the other desk.

“Who’s Jimmy?” I muttered to myself. Someone coughed from in front of me. I jerked up and came face to face with a guy with jet black hair and blue eyes. He was staring expectantly at me. “Um, hi.” He nodded slightly to acknowledge that he’d heard me. “I’m Teagan. You’re Jimmy?” I asked nervously. He nodded slowly. “You’re my lab partner today.” He nodded slowly. “Can you really talk?”

“Yeah, ”he said softly. “I just don’t often.” Our conversation was cut off by the teacher telling us what we were doing for the day. After the instructions had been explained, he dismissed us to fend for ourselves. I had looked through the microscope, noting the strange foam that was underneath the glass. I pulled away and jotted down some of the characteristics of the foam. I was about to resume my observations, but I noticed that he was watching me.

“Is there something on my face?” I asked shyly. He smiled faintly and shook his head. “Then, why are you staring at me…”He just shrugged and looked down at the desk. I continued my observations for a few minutes, before he decided to speak up.

“So, what’s your story?” He asked suddenly. I looked over at him. “What’s your name. Who’s you best friend. Where are you from. The general questions?”

“Oh. Well, my name is Teagan Raven McClendon. My best friend would be Mr. Eric Burkes. I’m from this sad little town. I have two rabbits, a cat, a dog, two turtles, and a snake. I live with both of my parents and my two siblings and my grandma. I have one brother, Benji McClendon, and one sister, Shada McClendon. My mother is a waitress at Denny’s and my father works at Office Depot. I love music because I feel that it is very much like poetry. You can take any poem and make it a song. You can really express yourself through it. I hate spicy food, and cookie-dough ice cream is my favorite food. Anything else?” I asked. He remained quietly for a minute, trying to process everything I had just told him. He nodded finally and smiled at me. The bell rang, ending first period. I gathered my things and headed out of the door. A few seconds later, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Jimmy.

“Listen, could I, by chance, get your number?” He asked nervously. I smiled and nodded. I grabbed a pen and tore a piece of paper out of my notebook. I scribbled down my number and handed it to him. He smiled gratefully at the slip of paper and nodded. “Thanks. I’ll text you or something.” I nodded and watched as he walked away. I threw everything in my locker and decided to go find Eric, since it was break. I found him in the breezeway between A and B building. He had his arms wrapped around Minnie and I inhaled sharply, before turning on my heel to leave.

“Hey, T! Whoop Whoop!” He called out. I clenched my jaw before turning towards him. He flashed his smile at me and signaled for me to come over to him. I walked reluctantly towards him. She flashed an innocent smile at me and I balled my fists up inside my jacket pockets.

“Whoop whoop, ”I smiled painfully.

“So, how was first period?” He asked caringly. I just shrugged.

“It’s still school, ”I muttered. He nodded understandingly. There was a short silence before the bell rang, ending break. He smiled at me.

“I’ll see you at lunch, T.” I nodded and turned to walk away.

“See ya, Eric.” I walked quickly away from the sickeningly happy couple. I slowed as I neared the hellhole called a gym. I did not want to have to deal with this shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I decided to go ahead and make this kind of a fan fiction. So, I added Jimmy! :)
Comment?