Status: Ongoing

When He Had Fallen For Her

Gian felt a sinking feeling in his stomach as he turned away from her. He looked over his shoulder and saw her steel herself from his direction and begin walking towards her boarding gate. He could see the pain etched on her face. He turned his body fully towards her and watched silently as she walked away from him and from everything that was once familiar to her. He listened quietly to her reluctant footsteps. One by one, they were leading her away from him. He knew he already lost her.
He put his hand in his pocket as he tried to appear nonchalant, even though butterflies twittered in his stomach. He was Gian Johnson, the captain of the Aiden Academy tennis team. He was an honor student; he knew better than to lose his focus and get careless. And he always told himself that he cannot be careless, that he cannot put his emotions before his ambition. He had already marked out the path that he intended to take. He is going to be on the top. He put on his usual poker face and tried to convince himself that he doesn’t care. Because he doesn’t. He doesn’t. He doesn’t… does he?
He felt his hand brush something papery in his pocket. He took the thing out of his pocket and stared at it. It was her letter.
He understood how she felt about everything. About him, in particular. Rinna had a way with words, and never could she express her feelings more meaningfully. She knows that he prioritizes his ambitions, and because she felt that way for him, she was ready to let go at any moment just to make him happy. She wasn’t even bitter at all that he couldn’t return her affections.
Let me just love you secretly, Gian, and I’ll be content… He clenched his fists, crumpling the pale pink stationery she had written on.
It’s time for them to part ways now. She is finally going back to London, to her old life as a skating superstar. He was going to Germany to recuperate, as he injured his arm badly when he saved her from being hit by the car, and maybe he’ll soon play in the international games. He was finally getting his dream, but losing her. His stomach churned at the thought of not having Rinna in his life. She was the one who brought warmth into his life, his personal sun. Will he really be happy with that…?
The sinking feeling was making him sick. He had to decide. Now.
Since when had I started feeling like this?
Then, with a motion so sudden, he broke into a run. As he neared her, with all the reflexes he got from playing years of tennis, he grabbed her fragile body and pressed it against his, enveloping her in a warm embrace.