Status: finished

What Happens in Arizona

Tredici

Chapter 13 – Sinking Hearts

I just stared at the both them for a while, and then I decided to snap back to reality. I cleared my throat and gave both of them a big smile,

“Hey, it’s nice to finally meet you Brooklyn! I’m Amy, Garrett’s uh uhm—,” I was lost for words; I glanced at Garrett and then back to Brooklyn. “Ga—Garrett’s friend,” I continued, smiling a bit more weakly. I excused myself right away and went upstairs, just when I was about to take a swift turn to the bathroom, someone popped out and we both crashed into each other.

The lanky bodied guy whom them typical slutty girls referred to as the “Sex Machine”, according to someone I know. He grabbed my shoulders and set me aside, brushing his shoulder to mine. “Sorry!” I exclaimed, carrying on into the bathroom. I didn’t care if he looked back or something, all I know is that my knees are getting weaker and weaker by the second and my heart sinking. What is this feeling? And why am I having it now? I should be happy for him because he had moved on, but I barely am to be honest, I was the worst best friend ever. Tears started to fall and my eyes started to burn, my cheeks turned red and I fell hard on the floor. I buried my face on my palms as soft crying moans escaped my mouth.

---------------------------------------------------

Then there was a huge knock on the door, my head shot up and I pulled myself up.

I took a deep breath, “who is it?”

“It’s John, Amy are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m okay.” I replied, trying hard to make my voice sound normal.

“I heard sobs, are you crying?”

“No, no I’m not. Hah, why would you say that? Of course not, pfft! Ha—ha,” I replied again, damn it was hard convincing him that I wasn’t crying.
“Really? Oh okay, open the door then.” He said, trying to nudge the door open.

Half of my body blocked the door which I completely forgot to lock; John was too strong for me though. He just kept on nudging the door,

“Alright! I’ll open it. Ugh!” I snapped, opening the door slowly and getting a clear view on his face.

He was wearing black pants, his boots, a Kurt Cobain shirt and a bandana on his head. I looked at him from top to bottom and allowed him to head inside; he looked at me with sorry eyes and cupped my cheeks.

He sighed deeply, still holding my face. “What’s wrong Amy?”

I shook my head and looked down, I was too afraid to face him looking like that.

“What’s wrong? He asked again.

“It’s nothing John, I—I’m just having problems with work lately.” I replied, my head still bowed down.

He held my head up and stole a kiss on my forehead, “You’re Amelia Johnson, you don’t just cry because of those kinds of things.” He said, smiling gently pushing the door closed behind him.

“Ha—ha, apparently I’ve gotten a bit more sensitive John. You should know that,” I replied, letting out a small giggle in between my sobs.

He held my face again and looked at me; it was the very first time that someone looked at me like that. He leaned a bit closer, our nose almost touching. I can feel my knees weaken again, and I held onto his arms.

“What are your purpose of doing this John?” I almost whispered.

Suddenly, his lips touched mine and he pulled back. “Just like what I said that night at the party, I want to start all over again.” He smiled.

I took one step back and looked at him deeply, “Are you sure? You’re not doing this just to get back at me because of what I did in the past?” I asked.

He let out a small mischievous laugh, scratching the back of his head and he looked back at me. “If I were to get revenge on you of what you did before, I would’ve banged you the first night you arrived back here and leave you right away.” He replied, stepping closer to me.

I gave him an “Oh-now-I’ve-realized-that-I-think-you’re-really-being-serious” look, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He leaned forward and…

“Hey is anyone he—, oh…Oh God. I am so sorry!” Ella suddenly came busting inside with a glass of wine in her hand, she grinned at me and apologized for ruining our “make-out moment.” John laughed it off while my cheeks burned in embarrassment, it was just like one of those High School bathroom flirting moments and then someone would walk right in and ruin it. Haha! Time will come for me and John. I washed my face so my eyes wouldn’t get all puffy because of all the crying, and then we headed downstairs hand-in-hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- ELLA’S POINT OF VIEW –

Amy and John probably hooked up at the bathroom a while ago and the proof for that is they just came down from upstairs hand-in-hand. Garrett had a bad look on his face though; too bad Brooklyn wasn’t paying him any attention since she keeps on blabbering about her career in New York City.

We were all gathered in the Dining room for dinner, didn’t realize that time passed by so fast. John and Amy seated next to each other which just made Garrett look like a constipated psycho holding his grudge against John, while my Kennedy seated next to me, fiddling with my fingers.

“So Amy, have you packed for London already?” I started.

“Hmm, I’ve started packing already but I’m still not finished.” She replied smiling.

I nodded and smiled back at her as a gesture that I wasn’t pissed anymore, my eyes traveled around the dining table and John just caught my full attention. His hands were moving smoothly to Amy’s back, rubbing it gently. While Garrett looked at him with a spoonful of loath in his eyes, something was definitely up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner went by quickly and we all headed home afterwards, Kennedy decided to sleep over since Amy’s gonna be busy packing some of her things that she’ll be bringing to London and I was pretty sure someone’s already accompanying her back home. *nudge-nudge-wink-wink*

“Hey baby, let’s go.” Kennedy called out, heading towards his car.

I bid Amy and John goodbye and followed Kennedy inside. He started the engine and drove us back home, I was still deciding whether I should tell him about running into Izzy a while ago at the mall or not.

He took a deep breath and finally broke the silence, “So what are we gonna do tonight?”

“Hmm, I don’t really know. What do you wanna do?” I replied, shrugging my shoulder.

He remained silent and just smiled ‘till we reached home, I didn’t seem to notice though since I was awfully distracted by my thoughts.

“Hey we’re here.” He said, taking the keys off of the engine starter.

I snapped back to reality and gave him a smile, he got off of the car and I followed him inside.

“Oh look, we’re all alone in this empty big house. What should we do love?” he exclaimed.

I let out a small laugh and wrapped by arm on his waist, “Gee, we can do a lot of things here. Do you wanna play a game Kenny?” I replied.

He looked at me mischievously and the next thing I knew, he was carrying me upstairs like his bride. He made his way to my bedroom and gently placed me down the bed, he crawled upon the mattress as I tried to get off of the bed.

“Ohow, Kennedy wait I’m just gonna—,”

Suddenly his lips met mine and his arms started to wander around my body, our kiss deepened as the seconds passed. His tongue meeting mine as he pulled at the hem of my shirt, lifting it up over my arms and then tossing it somewhere. His arms wrapping a tightly upon me as we took each other clothes up piece by piece, I pulled away for a while trying to catch my breath but he pulled me closer again biting my lower lip. He straddled my waist, and started kissing me deeply again. My hands traveling upon his torso as he started thrusting, trying get inside me. His lips went down from my lips to my neck, leaving his mark.

My chest was caving deliberately, as lay next to him. Both intoxicated with lust and love, next thing I knew, I forgot about what had happened earlier.

He rolled on his back and faced me, his eyes gleaming with both happiness and exhaustion. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer, “I love you Ella, I’ll always will” he whispered, kissing my forehead softly.

“I love you too Kennedy, I’ve always had.” I replied, as I gently closed my eyes and fell asleep intertwined with the man I love.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOD. YEAH OKAY
THANK YOU GUYS REALLY, BUT YOU ALL DO KNOW THAT THIS IS JUST A TRIAL FANFIC RIGHT? I JUST WROTE THIS TO PRACTICE ON MY WRITING SKILLS, BUT THANK YOU OHMYGOD. I AM SUCH A HAPPY ASIAN KSJDHAKSJDH :----)

I went to the bathroom 5 times to pee while writing this chapter, it was def. challenging.
Thank you Mary Jo, Ate Julienne, Ate Echa, Skylar and everyone else for giving me the willpower! x0x0x