Status: finished

What Happens in Arizona

Due

Chapter 2 – I'll never be the same, if we ever meet again.

“Amy! I’ve missed you!” he greeted as he wrapped his long arms around me.

“Uh, hi. I’ve missed you too –“

“Hey guys! Come on inside, we’re gonna have turkey for dinner!” Dad cut me off before I could even greet him back, I pulled off from his hug and we all went inside.

Dinner went by awkwardly slow; Pat kept talking about this girl he met when they had a show in New York. I recon her name was Lily, and she works at a designer company. I’m pretty sure me, Ella and her would get along just fine. Garrett was surprisingly quiet, and I plan to talk to him about it. Kennedy and Ella weren’t talking to each other still, and John, John was playing with his food which actually disturbed me.

“So Ames, how long are you gonna stay here.” Dad asks.

“I just got here Dad, want me to leave soon?” I retorted

“Ha-ha, you answer just like your Mom when she was still here.”

“Oh come on Dad, don’t get us all worked all up about this again.”

“Alright, sorry. It’s just that, whenever I see you, I miss your Mom a whole lot.”

“Yes, well because I look like her a lot. Right Dad?”

“Yep.”

“Oh Dad, don’t be all emotional about this. I already told you, I’m thinking of staying here for good.” I comforted him, we were in the middle of an emotional father-daughter moment when suddenly John came busting inside with a piece of cloth on his bleeding left hand.

“John, what happened?” Dad asked worryingly.

“Uh, it’s nothing Mr. Johnson. The wine glass just slipped.” He replied calmly

“Are you sure?” I added.

“Yeah, I’m fine”. He replied with a cold voice, I panicked a bit but managed to approach him and help with his bleeding hand.

“Eugh, what is this. A piece of the broken wine glass got stuck,” I started.

“If you’re gonna start whining about everything being gross, I suggest you should just help your Dad with the dishes.” He retorted.
“I was just kidding John, seriously.” I replied back.

Helping him out with his bleeding left hand was probably the most awkward thing ever, and pointing out the fact that he doesn’t sound so happy to see me again. Maybe it was the fact that I embarrassed him in front of this school-slut back in college, or maybe that time I went out with that guy named Brad, which he hated a lot! And when I say a lot, I meant a lot. Then the rest of the evening went by calmly, I decided to look for Garrett after helping John out. Jared was in the living room playing Xbox with Pat, so I decided to ask him where Garrett was.

“Jareeeed!” I greeted.

“Oh hey, what is up Baby girl?” he replied without breaking his eye-contact on the TV.

“Kindly tell me where Garrett is, please?” I replied with a grin.

“Oh, he’s in my room upstairs.” He answered again, without even blinking.

I headed up to his bedroom to find Garrett; the hallway was much more spacious than I last remembered. Or maybe I just lost a lot of weight that’s why it became a little wider, whatever. I knocked 3 times but no one answered, I knocked again but still no one answered. I decided to turn the knob and to my luck, it opened! I stepped inside but Garrett was nowhere to be found, so I decided to chill on Jared’s bed for while. And then I suddenly fell asleep, I woke up to the sound of someone strumming on a guitar. My head shot back up, and I saw Garrett on the side of the bed, sitting next to me and playing the guitar I sent Jared for his birthday.

“Hey Garrett!” I greeted and the next thing I knew, my arms were all over him.

“Hey Ames, I didn’t want to wake you so...” he replied with a little awkwardness in his voice.

“Oh, Haha it’s fine. I came up here to look for you, but I couldn’t find you so-“

“You fell asleep here..?” he guessed.

“Ha…Haha, yep I guess that’s it.” I replied with a smile.

“So uhm, what is it that you wanna say to me though?” he asked.

“Well, uhhh you were extremely quite a while ago at dinner. And, I was just wondering whether you have a problem or something because I’m here. And uhm, you can tell me!” I said, bouncing off the bed and settling at the bean bag.

“Amy, just so you know this isn’t about what happened 5 years ago before you left. This isn’t about me and you and –“

“Wait, why are you bringing that up though? That happened 5 years ago, I mean I tried forgetting about it.” I retorted.

“I’m just telling you, that this problem I have isn’t about that thing that happened to us years ago. I mean, I’m so happy to see you again. Everyone wants you to stay here for good, me to be exact. But yeah, this problem I have now, this doesn’t involve you. It’s just me and this girl-…”

“So you have a girlfriend?! OHMYGOD Garrett! I’m so happy for you! Oh god, why didn’t you tell me? And besides, why were we talking about what happened to us? It was just a silly kiss right? We were young and naïve. But really, Garrett Daniel Nickelsen you have to introduce me to her!” I replied.

“Sure, I will. When she comes here, I’ll definitely will.” He answered.

“Amy! Garrett! Are you here?” Ella called out all of the sudden.

“Yeah! We’re here!” we answered back in unison. That coincidence made us both burst out into a huge laughter, it must have something to do with our mind powers connecting us.

“Ugh, there you are Amelia Johnson. Come! Hurry! I need you!” she grunted, pulling me out of the room.

She was rushing down the stairs, and since I was being dragged along, I stumbled down the steps several times. She took a left turn to the kitchen and without any caution, I crashed into someone, a lanky body, someone who’s tall and…

“Oh hey Johnson, what’s the hurry?” he asked.

“John. Hi…again.” I greeted while brushing my hair off of my face.

“Yeah, hi. Uh, thanks for helping me out a while ago by the way.” He added.

“Yeah, no biggie.” I replied.

“Uh, yeah I better get going.” He says.

“Yeah, bye.” I retorted.

He was almost gonna turn to living room and I just had to call him out,

“Hey John!”

His head shot up and he looked at me with his beautiful hazel green eyes,

“Yeah?” he replied.

“I’ve missed you too John.” I answered with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guyzzzz~
Chapter 2 for ya'll! Hahaha, chapter 3 will be posted tomorrow or again, later on tonight. :---) Uhm, yeah. The word RETORTED got abused this time, Amy likes retorting. Lily's gonna come out soon, and yeah. I think Chapter 3 will just be a short Chapter just to introduce the other characters. :p

x0x0