Status: finished

What Happens in Arizona

Tre

Chapter 3 – But it’s falling apart

Yes, I just said it. I missed John a lot, to be honest. He gave me a smirk, that smirk that would melt my heart whenever I see it. Then I followed Ella out to the backyard, she was venting and screaming and it seems like she wanted to rip someone’s head off out of anger.

“Ella, just calm down. Okay? Come on, tell me what happened.” I calmed her down.

“It’s Kennedy, I don’t know. We don’t talk anymore; I don’t know what to do. Everyone’s saying that he’s meeting Isabelle again…” she answered, burying her face in her palms.

“What the fuck?! Isabelle? Del Rio? Izzy? They were together?!” I half screamed in disbelief.

Apparently, Izzy Del Rio went out with Kennedy a month after I left for Paris. Before that, things were getting better between him and Ella, I honestly didn’t have any doubts that he would start courting her after I left. But then, things don’t really go the way that you planned it to. He went for Izzy instead, Ella and Kennedy just went out for a week or two then after that, nothing happened. He and Izzy hooked up though, and they were together for 6 whole months, without me knowing. Surprisingly, Izzy left Kennedy to pursue her career as a model in New York City. Of course, the guy was broken hearted and Ella couldn’t and wouldn’t leave him in that state. She comforted Kennedy, she gave him her all. But then, fairy tales don’t always have a happy ending, do they?

“Shh! Yes, Izzy. I don’t know anymore, I feel like I should believe them and just break up with Kennedy.” She moaned.

“Ella, just calm down okay? Think about it, have a talk with Kennedy. He probably has a reasonable explanation for this; don’t make decisions when you’re mad” I said, trying to comfort her.

“Ugh, alright. I’ll have a “talk” with him, whatever.” She replied.

I held her arm and lead her inside; Jared, Pat, John, Garrett and Kennedy were all in the living room. Dad left for his night-shift at the station, and I was in charge of the house for the whole night. Ella’s eyes were still swollen and red out of crying her eyes out, and Kennedy didn’t seem to notice.

“Jareeeed!” I called out from the kitchen.

“Yeaaaah?” he answered, and then there was silence all over the house.

“Can you come here for a bit? I need to talk to you about something.” I asked.

He stood up from the couch and made his way through the kitchen door.

“What happened?!” he exclaimed.

“Jared! Shh!” Ella and I retorted, I can feel the boys’ head turning towards the kitchen also wondering what happened.

“Alright, so what exactly happened? Why are her eyes all swollen like that?” he asked, all worried.

“Ugh, Jared. It’s nothing, really.” Ella whined.

“Doesn’t look like nothing to me, c’mon Ella.” He replied, trying to convince her to talk to him about it.

It took them half an hour to talk about everything, and as expected, my dear Jared already has a solution. He planned on getting Kennedy to talk to Ella about this, but at this state, I don’t think the two of them can even look at each other. So we all went for the intervention instead.

The intervention went by horribly slow, but thankfully solved Ella and Kennedy’s problem. But added one more worry for me, why did we have to talk about me and Garrett and John and what have happened 5 years ago. I mean, Garrett said he already has a girlfriend. And John looked way better now, he’s got a nice hair, great smile, he’s got tattoos all over his body and he’s got the same lanky body I’ve once saw naked 5 years ago. Girls would kill to have the two of them, and I’m happy with my life. Single and all of that, I could do anything.

“Uh Amy. Can I talk to you for bit?” Jared asked, with his two hands intertwined.

“Yeah sure. About what?” I replied.

“Ah nothing in particular really, just wanted to talk to you. I realized we haven’t chatted in while since you left,” he said.

I can see his mood change from his eyes; this was not just a chat. It had something on it, something I’ve been trying to avoid talking about ever since I came back.

“If it’s about Garrett and John 5 years ago, then I’m sorry Jared I can’t talk about it.” I quickly retorted, attempting to stand up from where I was seated.

“Amy wait, come on. I know there’s someone who has to talk about this with you, and as your cousin and someone who’s older than you, I’m taking responsibility of that action.” He said, pleading with his eyes.

I sat back down, letting him talk me into this. It was a long and somehow depressing talk, and I just felt bad. I didn’t realize that I was the one doing everyone wrong until Jared told me about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
OP. Good thing Ella and Kennedy fixed everything :-bd
but yeah, about the "Garrett-John and Amy" thing 5 years ago. h0h0h0
Happy April Fool's day by the way guys!!!11!!!!