Status: finished

What Happens in Arizona

Finale

Final Chapter- Le jour du marriage

The Narrator’s Point of View


It was beautiful Friday morning, everyone was hustling and bustling for the attained wedding. John Cornelius O’Callaghan have reached this far and is going to be a married man soon, a few of his friends came over to his house to congratulate the man. On the other hand, Ella, Lily, Brooklyn and Tessa were all busy trying to get Amy in her beautiful white wedding gown that was sent to her by Madame Lea of The Vogue. Amy’s father was already on the church setting up everything, her uncle volunteered to prepare every single dish at the reception. The wedding looked like it’s been prepared for months but all it took was a week or less, and everyone was just excited for both John and Amy.

Fans cried and rejoiced for this day, some were happy and some weren’t. But who cares? John was marrying the girl of his dreams and they’re both happy as hell. Well, let me carry on to the story.

Tessa got this jet black limousine that will serve as Amy’s carriage to the church, Ella will accompanying her so someone could help her with the gown. Seconds, minutes and hours passed and everyone was ready to go. Steve, John and the rest headed to the church while Ella and Amy stayed behind to finish up her make-up and retouches.

A few moments later, they headed down to the limo since the wedding was only an hour away. Lucas, the driver, started the engine and they made their way to the main road. But unfortunately, there was a traffic jam. An SUV collided with a huge tank truck and the oil was spilling out uncontrollably, also the sky was starting to turn gray as the clouds started releasing soft muffled thunders. Ella frowned at her sight and she hopped out of the car.
“Ella! Where are you going?!” Amy exclaimed, trying to pull her back in but she swatted her hand away and ordered her to stay inside. She walked a few meters away from their car and approached one of the police officers that were blocking the crash site.

“Excuse me sir, but is there any other way that we could get to the chapel? My best friend is getting married and she’s inside that car.” She said, almost pleading. The police officer looked unconvinced and indifferent, and told Ella that they would just have to wait for a few more minutes. Ella grunted loudly and made her way back to the car, “Great! This is just fucking great! The traffic officers won’t let us through.” She exclaimed, slamming the door shut.

Amy looked at her worriedly and held her arm, “Ella, relax. Everything will be fine, we can just call them and tell them that we’ll be a few minutes late.” Amy comforted her; Ella looked back at her with a smile and sighed. “It’s my best friend’s wedding today, I’m pretty fucking sure that I don’t want her to miss it.” Ella replied.

“And she won’t…” Amy said softly, Lucas turned the radio on and soft calming music came out of the stereo. Ella and Amy sighed deeply, laying back on the car seat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few moments passed and the cars started moving again, they must have sat there for more than 30 minutes. And everyone at the church were all getting worried, Lucas took a left turn to avoid the traffic that way beyond the road they were taking but they reached a dead end. They went through a lot of streets before they reached the road near the chapel, and there was still a traffic jam.

“Ella, we can walk. I can walk to the church, see? It’s just 10 blocks away.” Amy exclaimed, opening the door on her side.

“Wait, Amy. Just wait a few more minutes and we’ll get there.” Ella replied, pulling her arm back inside.

Amy glanced back at her and held her hand, “Ella I can go—I’ll be fine. Or, you can come with Me.” she said.

“Alright fine, you go first and I’ll follow. I’m just going to call everyone and alert them that you’re walking all the way to the church.” Ella replied, letting Amy go.

Amy ran across the street and walked towards the chapel, she was nearing the venue when her veil got stuck on some random barbed wire installed on the sidewalk. She tried pulling it off but it won’t budge, she had to take it of manually which means holding unto the barbed wires. After a few trial and errors, she successfully got it off without tearing the cloth apart. She continued walking a more meters but the sky started releasing heavy thunders, and huge drops of rain started falling. She walked a little faster until she reached the corner of the street, she took a left turn and the rain started falling harder. Her wedding gown was starting to get wet, and her make-up’s starting to melt.

“A few more Amy, you can make it.” She whispered softly to herself, and then her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Amy, baby where are you? I’m going to come and get you.”

“No, no. It’s okay John, I’m almost there.”

“Baby, it’s raining already. And Ella told us you’re just walking just—Amy, please tell me where you are right now.”

“I’ll be alright John, see I’m almost there.”

And she ends the call, panic was starting to strike her nerves but she kept her cool. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and smiled widely. She moved forward, taking one step after the other across the wet cemented road, and she was almost half-way across the street.

“Amy!” Ella called out the entire sudden, popping out from the corner of the street—she was catching her breath.

Amy looked back at her quickly and opened her mouth to call out Ella’s name when…*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

A truck which coincidentally lost its brakes came out of nowhere and slammed unto Amy’s half-weakened skinny body, the sight was almost too gruesome to even describe. It all happened too fast and it sent Ella running all the way to the middle of the road. She held her best friend whom was unconscious and lifeless, she ran her hands through her face all covered with blood.

Countless tears and loud cries filled the hospital walls, there was a crowd waiting in the hospital hallway outside the Emergency Room. Everyone was sleepless but they didn’t care, it’s been hours since they took Amy’s battered body in. The truck driver was taken into custody for driving a crappy car with no brakes; John almost ruined his face at the station where they took him. He was practically devastated, he waited such a long time for this day but then this happened.

A few minutes passed and the doctor came out with his face blank, everyone was both anxious and nervous of what he’s going to say. They’ve been crying for the longest amount of time, especially John. Especially him, he broke down at the chapel’s altar when Ella called to tell all of them about what happened. He just broke down, whined, moaned, cried, screamed out his frustrations and he was mad.

The doctor cleared his throat which caught everyone’s attention; he took a deep breath and started talking… “I—I’m really sorry but we did everything we can to keep her alive, but the impact was just too strong that it shattered half of her body. I—I’m really sorry.” He said.
And that was it, everything was over. Everything that’s happened is over, for Amy, for her Dad and for John.

It’s been a great great journey with you guys, I’ve started with this first chapter which was bombarded with a billion typographical errors and continued it with a similar other chapter that was also bombarded with typos. Everyone, I’m so fucking glad that you kept up with this fan fiction and I’m so glad I did too. And now, it’s finished. Thank you! I will forever be honored. Thank you everyone~

In memory of Amelia Johnson
August 11, 1990 – May 3, 2011.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's a wrap. THANK YOU EVERYONE, feel free to leave me messages or comments okay? :D You can also visit my blog and tell me what you felt :') threefingers.tumblr.com

ALSO! I'm writing another fan fiction, NO IT'S NOT A SEQUEL sadly. But this one is different, trust me. It's entitled, "The Diary of Ellie the great". YUP, THERE WILL BE BAND DUDES TOO. ;D

THANK YOU AGAIN! EVERYONE!!! X0X0
- camille