Status: ~Taking a break, plotting the story~

Beginning Is Over

Chapter 2

I woke up with a gasp. Once again I had a nightmare and as before I couldn't remember what the dream was about. This had now started five days ago. It was the same every night. I looked at the clock, it was only 6.00 on a saturday. But I knew from before that once I've woken up from a nightmare, there is no way I'll be able to go back to sleep. I pulled on my pyjamas and walked downstairs. I frowned when I heard noises from the kitchen. It's my mothers day off so she should be fast asleep. I walked to the kitchen and found her with a toast in her mouth at the same time as she was trying to get her coat on. When she heard me come in, she jumped.

She took away the toast from her mouth. "Oh Avery, you startled me."

"I guess, your day off was cancelled." I said as I leaned my side against the doorframe.

She sighed. "Yes honey, it was."

"Mom." I whined.

"Well, what do you want me to do Avery? Huh? The bills are piling up and your college fund is almost non-existent."

"I don't need to go to college." I replied.

She sighed." Of course you have to go to college sweetheart. Now, I have to go or I'm going to be late." She kissed my forehead. "I'll be home as soon as I can. I love you."

I watched as she walked out the door. I grabbed the note she had written and threw it in the trash can, it was no use reading it now anyways. I grabbed some milk and cereals and poured it in a deep plate. I ate my breakfast really slow. I was used to eating alone but that didn't mean that I hated it any less.

After hours of complete boredom I stopped with my sulking. I called Allie and invited her for lunch. I was planning on making my famous macaroni and cheese but instead she decided that we should go out and eat. I grabbed my handbag and jacket and went out to meet her.

The small town was unusually crowded today. I bumped into three people before I managed to send away a text message to Allie, telling her I was almost there.

After a few minutes I felt my cellphone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up. It was a text message from Allie. As I was about to read it I bumped into someone once again, making me drop my phone.

"Shit!" I cursed and got down on my knees to pick up the phone. "I'm so sorry." I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

As I made a move to pick it up, so did the person I bumped into and our fingers met. I was sure that I felt a spark, you know, an actual spark where our fingers touched. I immediately pulled my hand back and looked up. There he was, once again. He stared down at me with those intense dark eyes that I've come to admire and I couldn't help but to stare back. He opened his mouth, like he wanted to say something but quickly closed it again. I couldn't deny the chemistry I felt between us and I knew that he felt it too. I don't know how long we sat, just staring at each other but then he brought up his hand towards my face and I felt myself longing for his touch. As his hand was about to touch my cheek his gaze turned to look over my shoulder. Whatever he saw, made him draw his hand back. The intensity left with it and I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I looked back at Jacob who were still staring at the same spot. Curiously I followed his gaze behind me. I saw nothing. I turned around to ask him what he was looking at but I was met with thin air. I stood up and looked all around me, he was nowhere to be found.

'You confuse me Jacob' I thought. 'You really do.'

As I got to the small diner I looked around for Allie and found her in the back corner. I sat down in the opposite seat. When the waiter came I ordered a burger with curly fries and Allie got a salad.

"You should start thinking about what you're eating." Allie commented as the waiter walked away.

I laughed. "What?"

"You're not going to have that body forever, you know."

"I'll worry about that when the time comes. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy myself." I replied.

"So, I have good and bad news." Allie said when the waiter came over with our ordered food.

"Are you sure there is good and bad news?" I questioned. "Because your overly large smile tells me different."

She chuckled. "Well, it's a bad news for you."

"Okay, hit me with the bad news first." I said as I put a fries in my mouth.

"I can't come with you to the beach tomorrow." She rambled.

I raised my eyebrows. "That's it? That's the bad news?"

"Well, I thought that you may be at least a little sad about me canceling our trip that we've used our sweat and tears to plan for over a month."

I shrugged my shoulders. "No, not really."

"I'm glad." She muttered.

"So what's the good news?" I asked.

Her smile returned. "I have a date!" She exclaimed happily.

"Really? With who?"

"His name is Zander. I met him when I was grocery shopping." She giggled. "He told me he had been watching me the whole time I was in the store. Oh, you should see him Avery! He is so handsome. He has these beautiful golden eyes that, when you look into them it feels like you are the only two persons in the world and you can't help but to stare like a complete fool."

As she spoke those words, Jacob popped up in my mind. He had those eyes. The way they had been staring at me earlier, I couldn't describe it..... and the way he made me feel, is something I had never experienced before. A whole new feeling.

I snapped out of it.

"Well, the way you are talking is like a complete fool." I chuckled.

She chuckled too. "Yes I know. But you have to meet him to understand what I'm talking about."

I smiled. "I will."

We finished our meals and began our walk home in separate ways. I listened to music as I walked but during the whole way home I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was being watched.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some of you might be thinking, "Isn't it too much that Jacob appears in every chapter?" In some way it is but the meaning is that several days had passed between the chapters, so it's not as frequent as it seems and the reason that I skipped those days is, well, nothing interesting happens and I don't think you want to read like 3 or 4 chapters about her going to school, doing homeworks and watching tv.

But of course if you have any ideas or wishes that you want to be in the story, you can always send me a message about it.

so there you have it :)
and remember:
Comments = Inspiration = More chapters

Thank you for the comments:
CallusedSilk
cocopuffs
shadow123
Aliyah-loves-A7x