Imaginary.

1/1.

To anyone else, Gerard Way, sitting at his desk and drawing, would have looked exactly as described; it would have looked like Gerard was bent in half over his desk, furiously sketching out a picture of a skeleton holding a drum. It would have looked like he was hard at work, beads of sweat falling from his temple. If one was particularly observant, they might have noticed that Gerard's eyes constantly flicked to the left, as if there was something there that no one else could see.

If one had thought such thoughts, they would have been correct.

Standing two feet from Gerard was Brian. To most other people, Brian would have looked like something out of a nightmare or horror film. Half of his face was taken up by his grotesquely oversized mouth, filled with teeth that could have be implanted from a Great White. As a result, the rest of his features were squished in between wrinkled skin the color of ashes. When he leaned over Gerard's shoulder, nodding as the pen moved faster, the smell of rotted meat gushed from his pores.

"Very good." His voice wheezed out and Gerard looked up, smiling at that rack of shining teeth.

"Really? This is what you meant?" he asked. In response, Brian raised an impossibly long, thin arm and gently petted Gerard's hair back from his forehead. Quietly humming, Gerard leaned into Brian's knobbly fingers, letting them stroke over the rest of his face. Gerard liked when Brian touched him. It was much better than when he smacked him.

"That is exactly what I wanted," Brian said, kissing the top of Gerard's head before taking the pen between his fingers. "However, you should add more stuff like this."

Before Gerard could blink, Brian had nearly filled the page with sketches of more skeletons and what looked like wolves. However, as soon as Gerard took the pen back with his fingers, the drawings began to waver and move on the page. The pen ink began to run together, dripping off the paper onto Gerard's lap.

"Brian?" Gerard asked, turning around in his chair and immediately launching into a scream. Although he had seen it many, many times, Gerard always screamed when he saw Brian melting. His eyes were flowing from his sockets, dripping into his mouth and onto his outstretched hands.

"Gerard, don't let me go." One of Brian's legs snapped at the knee and he fell forward, grabbing at the front of Gerard's shirt. Gerard could see liquid from Brian's eyes sticking to him and he immediately backed away, reaching for a small baggie sitting at the back of his desk. Brian's teeth began to shower onto the floor. Gerard fumbled with the bag, spilling some of the white powder onto the floor.

"Please, hurry," Brian moaned from the floor. "Don't let me die, Gerard!"

"I won't!" Even though tears were dripping down his face, Gerard stopped for a moment to look at the line of cocaine in front of him. He always hated this part.

"Please!" After another moment of hesitation, Gerard stuck his nose to the table, plugged one nostril and snorted the entire line. Brian stopped screaming almost instantly and, before Gerard's eyes, he began to grow new teeth. His leg snapped back into position and his eyes began to refill with a squelching noise. Finally, he was able to stand up, although he was still wobbly on his feet. He managed to take two steps before collapsing onto Gerard, burrowing his nose into his neck.

"Thank you," he sighed. Gerard could feel Brian's teeth nipping his neck every time he spoke. "You don't know how much I love you."

"I love you, too," Gerard said, absently stroking Brian's bald head. When he glanced at the table, Gerard could see that the drawings had resumed their original positions as well. Brian was the only reason that Gerard could draw at all.

"Will you always be here for me?"

"As long as you keep me around," Brian answered, turning Gerard's head towards him and kissing his nose. "I'll only be here as long as you want me to be."

Two minutes later, Gerard was drawing again and Brian was standing beside him, either approving of his pen strokes or correcting them. He only smacked Gerard once; that was when he hadn't listened to what Brian was telling him to draw.

Thirty minutes later, Brian was melting again.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, this probably isn't' the best thing that I've ever written but it is certainly the strangest. Nonetheless, I enjoy it and I hope you do too. (:

xo.