I'm Forced to Marry Your Smart Ass, What Could Be Worse?

Chapter Six

We got home okay. But Christian collapsed and we were close to my room. So I let him sleep there. Before he went to sleep I swore he mutter, “Your pretty.”

But as I got pajamas and clothes for the next morning I felt crazy. He looked vulnerable as he slept like earlier. He was just a boy. But I slept in a guest room. I left him a note and aspirin.

The day was just an ongoing procession. Every person helping during this wedding was sworn to secrecy. They weren’t told why we were getting married just that we were.

As of now I was trying on dresses. They had a women come in with so many designer dresses. I felt like it was impossible to try all of them on.

I was stuck between two very different dresses. One was strapless, puffy, and the kind of wedding dress that I always wanted. But the other is a different skinnier style that shows my curves. I couldn’t decide at all. Princess Iliana liked the skinny one and the Queen approved of the puffy one. I felt my body tense when I was changing in a room across the hall.

I always wanted to do this with my mother after I graduated college. Not with these people I’ve known for a week.

I took out my phone and called my mom.

“Hey honey!”

“I miss you!” I cried.

“Oh baby, I’m sorry. It’s okay,” My mom soothed.

Just hearing her voice I felt comfortable. “When can I see you?” I asked.

“Soon baby,” She assured me.

When I got off the phone with her I knew my eyes were probably horrible. When I got back into my normal clothes and walked into the hall I ran into Christian. Did he ever look ugly?
No.

“Um, hey I was looking for you,” He said standing a bit awkward.

“What’s up?” I asked not realizes my voice was hoarse from crying.

“Are you alright?” He asked and I looked at my feet and nodded. “Well I wanted to thank you for actually bringing me back. I’m sorry I took your room.”

He actually sounded like he meant it.

“Look want to get some dinner tonight?” He asked. “There is some small place not to far and I owe you something,” He offered and I just bit my lip and nodded.

I was kind of unsure of what to say. I started to walk backwards knowing the door was behind me, I ran into the wall.

Smooth Keira.

“Be ready by six. I have some things to take care of,” He smiled and I nodded again.

Why couldn’t I speak?

He was probably planning on bringing me there and ditching me for his perfect girlfriend.
The Queen said that is all I needed for today and I told her Christian and I are going to dinner. She was pleased but reminded me that I start my tutoring tomorrow.

~*~

In a room as magnificent as mine I found nothing to do.
Two hours…

I could get ready fast because I didn’t need to take forever. But when I looked in the mirror i compared myself to Lauren. I never act like this.

I was being so silly tugging at my hair and trying on different shirts.

It was like I liked Christian.

I’ve been here for a week, he’s been a jerk, and he is selfish.

But something made me want him more and more. I would just have to deal with the fact I’m no Lauren nor will I ever be.

~*~

When we got to the restaurant we were escorted to a table in the back.

“Do you always just stare?” He asked.

“No,” I answered.

He laughed and shook his head, “Some days you can speak so much and others so little.”

“I don’t notice,” I shrugged.

He studied my face.

“How are you since last night?” I asked.

“I don’t even remember how we got home,” He laughed.

I laughed at the memory of Lauren yelling at me. He looked at me skeptically.

“If you look to the right of you there is a couple staring directly at us… gawking,” He said without looking that way. I looked to the right and an older man and woman were staring straight at us and talking. I quickly looked away.

“Prince of England out with mysterious girl,” I laughed.

“You know, I may be a Prince in this country but in the United States your big too.”

Talking about the U.S made me miss home all over again.

I wonder if anyone notices I’m not there.

But as dinner progressed I realized he is a person. Not some brat. He laughs about things too. When the waitor poured his water shakily he acted…casual about it. I don’t know what you’d expect a Prince to act like really.

When we left a few cameras flashed but we walked quickly to the car and road silently back. A comfortable silence.

He walked me to my door when we were back at the palace.

“So my mom wanted me to tell you…they are announcing our en-engagement in about a week,” He gulped. He seemed just as nervous as I felt. I turned around and faced the door. I took a long deep breath, my mind was racing with things.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said in a very low and hurried voice. As I reached for the door he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

He then placed his lips on my so gentle that I almost forgot about how screwed over my life is. The kiss deepened and before I knew it we were in my sitting room on a couch making out. My heart raced and I just wanted more.

I never acted like this. But I liked it.

His phone went off and he pulled back embarrassed. I didn’t see the caller I.D but I heard the voice from a few inches away. Not enough to make out the words. It was Lauren.

When he hung up he excused himself as if nothing just happened between us and in a rude way like Christian from yesterday. Maybe I’m just some girl.

Maybe I’m just fooling myself.

Why did he leave so fast?
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT WITH THE DRESS YOU THINK BEST FITS! I WILL ANNOUNCE WINNING DRESS IN TIME!
Click these
<a href="http://www.polyvore.com/choice_uno/set?id=30315822">Puffy</a>
<a href="http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=30316072">Skinny</a>

I've been sick & busy. Thank you so much for all of you who take time to subscribe, comment, read, message and whatever!

Also... Who do you see as Keira?

- Madison