To Find the Lie, We Must Discard the Truth

“I always say how I don’t need you, but it always comes back to this. Please don’t leave me.”

“I remember the day you two met.” Blake comments. We were all sitting on my bed now, talking about Sky. I must say I now understand why girls do this.

“ooh, I don't think we've heard this story.” Nate comments.

I look down at my lap, “it's stupid.”

“Aw, I thought it was cute.” Blake whined. Sara really was turning him back into a softy.

“It was lunch Blake. Nothing too cute about it.”

he smiles widely, “nu-uh. The first time you saw her she was picking something up for her teacher. We were in first grade, Mrs. Combes class, and she was just a little five year old.” oh yeah, I forgot about that, Blake continues, “She walked into the classroom with a smile on her face and you know what you told me?”

all the guys turn their attention to me. I'm guessing they thought I actually knew, which I didn't. “not at all.”

“you said 'hey Blake, I'm going to marry-” he stops mid-sentence and looks at the door behind me. I turn around and lock eyes with Veronica, but only for a moment. She walks away before anyone can say anything.

“I think she's mad.” Eli points out. The rest of the guys look at him like he's stupid while I climb off the bed and run out of the room.

This is the downside to having a mansion. When someone doesn't want to be found, they can easily not be found. But it's all about knowing the person too. Veronica's not one to run too far, especially in those heels she was wearing.

My first stop was the gust room on this floor. It was the only room that was unlocked, so the best bet. As I got closer I noticed the light shining out from underneath the door and smiled to myself, that's where she was. I stand for a moment in front of the door, remembering that it was exactly a year ago I was last here. That was the night Sky and I had out fight. I guess there's something about Christmas Eve and fighting with my girlfriends. I sat there that night, contemplating whether to enter or not, and ended up just leaving Sky alone.

Now, a year later, I was standing in front of the same door, asking myself the same question. I open the door slowly, spotting Veronica there staring out the window.

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her to my chest. She didn't tense up nor did she relax: she was just there.

“what are you thinking about?” I ask quietly.

Veronica keeps her eyes on the window, “you, me, us,” she answers, “the wedding.”

For some reason I felt guilty about her answer, “Veronica-” but she cut me off.

“do you like me?”

“what?”

“do you like me?” she repeats, still looking out the window.

“of course I do Veronica.”

“do you still love her?” I'm pretty sure 'her' means Sky.

“It's not that easy.”

“it's not that easy? You either do or you don't Ryan.”

this pissed me off. She can't tell me my own feelings. “you know why it's not easy Veronica? Because you are like her in so many ways. I know you don't want to hear that since you've been told from day one that she's a terrible person, but really, you guys are so much alike. And don't worry, you're not twins or anything. You definitely have your differences. It's just that living with someone who reminds you of your ex isn't exactly the way to move on.”

She turned to face me then, her face emotionless. “we have a problem.”

This made me nervous, “we do?”

“I really hate the summer. And my dream wedding was always one that happened in December.” A sigh of relief escapes my mouth. “but it's all planned for August.”

“well we can unplan it for August and replan it for December.” I tell her.

“you know our parents wouldn't like that.”

“you know that I don't care about that.” I mock her. “now let's go back down to the party.” I tug on her hand but she doesn't follow.

“wait Ryan.”

“yeah?”

her eyes looked like they were sad, “do your friends hate me?”

“no Veronica, they don't hate you.”

“well they sure seem to like Sky.”

I pull her into a hug. “Sky made an impression on everyone. They’re just getting used to the idea. Give it time.”

“I just feel like everyone is against this marriage. Or at least your side of the family is.”

“that’s not true. Please just trust me when I tell you that.”

She sighs, “fine. Let’s go down to the party, I’m sure there’s still a ton of people that are just waiting to see me.”

Before she could leave I grab her hand and pull her back. She still looked depressed so I did the first thing any guy would do in that situation, I kissed her. Soon I felt her lips turn into a smile and pulled back, “now we can go downstairs.” I grab her hand and lead her down to the crowd that was awaiting to see us once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Song: Please don’t leave me by Pink
COMMENT.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife