To Find the Lie, We Must Discard the Truth

“When you're gone, how can I even try to go on? When you're gone, though I try, how can I carry on?”

Funny how two simple words can change a life. How two words can mean a break up or a relationship. And I’m sure these two words are going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

Thank you. The worst two words ever.

I was speechless, didn’t have a clue what to write back. Another message popped up.

Bluesky: I know you’re there Ryan.


I still didn’t respond. What was there to say?

Bluesky: really? You’re not the tad bit curious as to how I’ve been or even where I am?

Finally, I muster up a couple words.

RR: what’s the thank you for?

Bluesky: the video.

RR: oh.

Bluesky: so, how are things going with Ronni?

RR: fine.

Bluesky: that’s all you’ve got for me? It’s been what? Five months now.

Honestly, I just felt weird about this whole conversation. She sounds so calm and collected and here I was freaking out that she’s even contacting me. Now to talk about my fiancé with the girl I love…that’s just a lot to handle.

RR: you know her, so there’s not much to tell.

Bluesky: well, she’s a complete opposite of me. Like Amanda.

RR: you guys are more alike than you give credit too.

Bluesky: ugh, seriously? She’s a bitch though.

RR: I still hold to what I said.

Bluesky: whatever. how are the little munchkins doing?

RR: well they miss you. everyone here misses you. Veronica doesn’t like kids so much and that’s been a slight problem..

Bluesky: of course she doesn’t like kids, she’s the devil.

RR: don’t be mean Sky.

Bluesky: why do you call her Veronica?

RR: why do you call her Ronni?

Bluesky: because Veronica sounds old.

RR: well I think it’s a beautiful name.

Bluesky: Ryan, you think Blue Sky is a beautiful name.

RR: it is. Girls just don’t appreciate their names.

Bluesky: says the guy with the most average name ever.

RR: Ryan Richards is a strong businessman name.

Bluesky: yeah, yeah, we’ve had this argument before and every time I win.

There was nothing to say after that. For a few moments it was completely silent

Bluesky: could you do something for me?

RR: of course.

Bluesky: I hate asking this but, could you see how my parents are doing? I know I shouldn’t care and all but they’re still my parents, even if they did screw up.

RR: yeah. I can do that.

Bluesky: Thank you.

RR: no problem.

Bluesky: I’m sorry for everything I’ve put you through. I didn’t mean for it to happen like that but it had to. I had to get away.

RR: I know.

Bluesky: plus I totally gave you fair warning.

RR: I just didn’t listen. What I don’t get is that you want this whole thing between Veronica and I to happen

Bluesky: In the end, it’ll all work out. Trust me.

Before I could type anything in reply she logged off. All I had now was the archive of the message, a reminder that she was still out there somewhere. And that’s almost worse than thinking she’s dead. It makes me want to look for her, find her. At the same time though I know I should move on.

I read back over the conversation. Why the hell wasn’t I freaking out on her? Asking questions? Anything!? It was all just normal talk. Or at least normal for us.

And I didn’t even invite her to the wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Song: S.O.S. by Abba
comment.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife