To Find the Lie, We Must Discard the Truth

“The days feel like years when I'm alone and the bed where you lie is made up on your side.”

I had literally spent a week in my room. How could one girl have such an effect on me? Like seriously, this shouldn't be legal. Most of my days now were used up by looking out the window. Conner would drop off my homework since we had most of the same classes together and my mom would leave food for me when I was hungry.

The police had stopped by on Tuesday, and I told them all I knew, which was nothing. Cathy also came by to make sure I wasn't about to kill myself. Which I'm not, suicide isn't something I'd do. Other than that though, I hadn't had any visitors. Even my family has been keeping their distance.

“I think he's dead.” There was a couple pokes at my side as I lied down on my bed.

“he's not dead Sydney.”

“well he's not moving Charlie.”

That started an argument between the two of them.

“kids, leave your uncle alone.” I hear my mom enter the room. Their footsteps scurried out of there. The bed shifted under me and I knew my mom was staying.

“sweetie, you can’t hide up here for the rest of your life. You need to get out at some point.”

I don’t say anything or move, I hear her sigh and then continue, “look, we can easily hire someone to find-“

“she doesn’t want to be found.” I cut her off.

“want and need are two different things. She could be in real danger Ryan.”

“her note said that she was going to be safe.”

“this coming from a girl that one minute was perfectly happy and the next minute she was running away.”

“you done badmouthing her yet?”

“sorry, that was uncalled for.”

“If she says she is safe, she is safe. I trust her on that.”

“I have a question that I know you're not going to want to answer but it would be good if you did.”

“give it to me.”

“could it be possible that she's pregnant.”

“no.”

“so you guys didn't...”

“that's not what I said. We've only had sex once and used a condom. Plus she's on the pill. I highly doubt she's pregnant. Actually no, I'm positive she's not pregnant.”

There was a knock on the door and then it opened to reveal Blake standing there. My mom gives me one last 'reassuring' pat on the back and then gets up.

“I'll leave you two alone.” she says and then leaves my room, closing the door behind her.

The first thing Blake did was close my curtains, making it useless for me to stare at the window now. Then he pulled the blankets off of me, “okay, up and at 'em.” he says.

“why?”

“because I'm your best friend and in being your best friend I must follow the rules of our best friend pact and follow out what we're supposed to do after every break up.”

“you're missing a key factor here Blake.” I mumble into the pillow.

He kneels down to my level, “and what's that?”

“we didn't break up.”

“But you're heart-broken?”

“well, yes.”

he grabs my hand and pulls me out of bed, “well then, let's get a move on it.” he hands me the list of what we were supposed to do.

Just to clear things up, we were ten when we made the list.

Cure of a Broken-Heart

Have a Sour Patch Kids war. Ryan is Red and Orange, Blake is Yellow and Green.

Have a Paint-Balloon fight.

Watch the Fresh Prince of Belair as long as possible.

“so,” Blake says, holding up a giant bag of Sour Patch Kids, “shall the wars begin?”

About two hours later we were both rolling on my floor, groaning from eating too much sugar. “how did we do this when we were kids?” Blake asks.

“I have no idea, but I think we need a new plan.”

“are you two okay in there?” my mom asks and then opens the door. She laughs and picks up the empty bag of candy, putting it into the trash can, “and guys ask why we just stick to ice cream...” she mumbles and walks out.

“ready for balloon fight?”

“I feel as if I'm going to explode if I move at the moment.” I comment, staring up at my ceiling.

“we're going to be in real chairs and doing this.”

I smile, “I actually plan to be married by the time I'm in a wheelchair.”

“suit yourself dude.”

Finally, we gain enough energy to make our way outside. The paint-balloon fight was weak. Sure, we through them, but neither of us were running all that much. It was still fun though and made me forget about Sky for a bit.

When we re-entered the house, my mom sent us to the showers instantly. She never understood our ways of dealing with a broken heart.

After we cleaned up we got comfortable in the living room and watched episode after episode of the Fresh Prince of Belair. We fell asleep watching the show and by the morning time I felt a little bit better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Song: When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife