The Ice Life

Chaos Personified

Image


"This thing's a fucking floatation device! Goddam! I can have spectacular boobs and survive if I happen to fall in the Atlantic ocean!"

Kim groaned and slapped a hand over her face, continuing to walk down the hallway of the Consol Energy Center with Mallory following behind her, looking down and sticking her chest out every once in a while.

"I mean, honestly. Who knew a fifty dollar bra would be this damn-"

"Alright! One more comment about your chest coverage choices and I'm going to strangle you!" Kim whirled around and glared at Mallory, pointing a finger as Mallory just stopped and smirked at her.

"You're just jealous you don't have one of these." Mallory poked a finger into the overly-padded bra she was wearing and Kim's eye twitched, dropping her hand to her side and continuing to walk towards the broadcasting booth the two were assigned to.

Kim and Mallory had been hired by the Penguins organization almost immediately after dropping off applications and being interviewed. Their clashing, and colorful, personalities were perfect for the sportscasting job openings the organization had had available.The two were ecstatic after hearing the news that they would soon be a part of the Penguins' extended family; afterall, this was the ultimate dream come true for both of them.

"Where's the damn booth?" Kim grunted and looked around, holding a packet of papers in her hand tightly as she walked.

"Ray gave us pretty simple directions. Did you get us lost again, Kim?" Mallory eyed her friend as she kept a firm hold on her custom black laptop, Kim rolling her eyes.

"No, we're not lost. We're just taking the scenic route." Mallory made a face behind her friend's back and shook her head.

"Right. Whatever you say, Kim." Mallory walked past Kim towards a set of stairs at the end of the hallway, pointing at the sign on the wall next to the door. "Found it."

Mallory smirked and Kim glared, grumbling as they both walked up the stairs, walking into the open room. Mallory walked up to the lengthy desk at the front of the room overlooking the ice and looked down, leaning her hands on the desk after she set her laptop down. "Talk about a helluva nice view, yah?"

Kim walked up next to her and looked out, nodding her head. "Ditto."

As the two girls looked out at the arena, most of the Penguins team was filing out onto the ice for morning practice. Mallory watched them and then smirked, turning her head and seeing microphones set off to the side. "Time to test out the new equipment."

She grabbed one of the microphones and hit the button on the bottom, leaning down to talk. "Oooooooooooh."

Kim snorted as all of the guys' heads snapped up towards the ceiling, looking around in confusion.

"What the hell was that?!" Mallory set her hand over the microphone as they laughed at Tyler Kennedy's shout of confusion. Kim nodded at the microphone and Mallory grinned, taking her hand off of it and leaning down.

"All hail thy new members of thy fami-LEE!" All of the guys looked up towards the booths and Sidney skated forward, placing a hand over his eyes and squinting towards the two girls.

"The new commentators?!" Kim snorted and shook her head, walking to the back of the room to check the rest of the new equipment as Mallory rolled her eyes.

"No, it's Jesus come to Earth." Mallory could make out the faint glare on Sid's face as the rest of the team suppressed laughs, Dan Bylsma appearing at the end of the runway. He skated onto the ice and blew his whistle, signaling for everyone to get in their places.

Mallory watched them skate into their positions out on the ice and then turned towards Kim, watching her dig through some of the boxes set off to the side. "Find anything good?"

"Just some microphones and speakers." Kim shrugged and then stood up from her kneeling position, placing her hands on her hips and looking back and forth between the boxes.

"Ah, it's nice to see the two of you found your booth." Bob Errey walked into the room and smiled at the two girls, walking over to Mallory and handing her a packet of papers and a cordless microphone. "Pens TV wants you to get an interview with Sidney."

"No problemo. I'll head down now." Bob smiled at her and then nodded at Kim before walking out of the room, Mallory scanning through the packet he had given her. "Of all the guys I could have interviewed they give me Captain Oblivious."

Kim snorted and Mallory smirked, walking to the door and saluting Kim before walking down the stairs towards the runway that led to the ice. She walked up to the opening in the runway and scanned the ice, smirking when she found who she was looking for and held the microphone to her mouth. "HEY CROSBY! GET YOUR ARSE OVER HERE!"

All of the guys whipped around and covered their ears, wincing as the microphone let off a high-pitched sound after Mallory brought it back down to her side. Sidney looked over and glared, sighing and then looking up to the ceiling before skating slowly over to where Mallory stood. "Yes? May I help you?"

"Nah, let me help you, Crosby." Sidney gave Mallory another glare before accepting the hand she held out to him, giving it a light shake. "I'm Mallory. We'll be seeing a lot of each other this season."

"Oh, joy." Sidney gave her a plastic smile and she rolled her eyes at him, biting her cheek.

"Anyways, mind doing an interview?" Sidney shrugged at her and leaned on his stick, turning his attention to the hallway when one of the doors slammed and a girl began walking towards them.

"What the hell is all of the noise about? I'm trying to finish a draft I've written up and someone's making humpback whale mating call sounds out here." Mallory sighed and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"Well, if someone wouldn't be so goddam stubborn and do a damn interview-"

"I never said I wouldn't-"

"Ahem, don't interrupt me." Sidney glared at Mallory, once again, and huffed, turning his attention back to the girl who was now smirking and staring at Mallory's back.

"Well, that smartass mouth can only belong to one person with so much dislike for one hockey player. Nice to see we'll be working together, Mal." Mallory scrunched her eyebrows and then turned around slowly, seeing Sam smirking at her with her arms crossed.

"Oh, no! They did not hire the munchkin to do journal articles for the team!" Mallory let out a chorus of laughs as Sam glared, placing her hands on her hips.

"I am not short! I'm vertically challenged-"

"Right, right," Mallory waved her off and Sam rolled her eyes. "Oh, hell, is this gonna be a fun, chaotic time."

"Woah, wait a minute. You two know each other?" Sidney scrunched his eyebrows together and pointed between the two girls who were now looking over at him; Sam smiling like a lunatic and Mallory shooting an annoyed look in his direction.

"Yeah, what's it to you, Crosby?" Mallory eyed the star center and placed a hand on her hip, Sidney shaking his head and readjusting his stick at his side.

"I just asked-"

"I'm Sam! I wanted to meet you all my life!" Sam cut Sidney off and pushed past Mallory to get to Sidney, grabbing his hand and shaking it repeatedly.

"This is ridiculous. As soon as you're done drooling over this nitwit I'll be up in the commentators booth with Kim-"

"She's here, too?!" Sam whipped around and stared wide-eyed at Mallory who just sighed, nodding her head.

"Yes. Anyways, later." She waved at both of them and walked off down the runway, leaving Sam and Sidney to stand there staring after her.

"What's up with her? Not a very sugery sweet one." Sidney made a face and Sam laughed, shaking her head.

"Nice and sugar-coated isn't her middle name, but she really only doesn't like you that much because she grew up rooting for Ovechkin." Sam looked back at Sidney and snorted at the disgusted face he made, sighing and running a hand through his hair.

"Nice to know it's going to be easy-peasey with her then."

~**~

"Stupid HD!"

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Kim stuck her head around the doorframe and made a face at Mallory who was sitting in front of a light-up mirror, tweezers in hand as she made a face into the mirror.

"Tweezing my eyebrows. They want me to do an interview tonight during the Boston game." She set the tweezers down on the table and turned around in her seat to face Kim, watching as she walked into the room and crossed her arms.

"Well, if you're done with beauty school, you'll be happy to know I ran into someone on my way down to the concession stands that you'll be excited to know is working with us." Kim smirked as Mallory raised her eyebrows, leaning her arms back on the table. "Who-"

"Hey." Caitlin walked in slowly around Kim and gave Mallory a wave and a smile, earning a shocked look from her in return.

"No fucking way. Sam and Caitlin are here?" Kim nodded and Mallory let out a loud laugh, crossing her arms over her chest and smirking.

"These fools have no idea what they've gotten themselves into."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys will enjoy the first chapter of the new series! ;)

And sorry this one's a bit on the short side; just wanted to get the introductions out of the way and give you a taste of personalities. I swear the next one I write will be hella longer than this one. xD

Chapter 2 coming from Sam. Be ready!