Status: Done, for now :)

the Prophecy

Damned by blood, and by blood alone.

I can not help but wonder if you can be damned by blood, and by blood alone. Is it even possible to be damned at all? My mind swam with the possibilities in that question.

The question I knew the answer to with utmost certainty. The prophecy told all. The same prophecy that was passed down to every generation, no matter how weak the blood ties would become the prophecy stood unchanged.

100 children every day. For the sins of my immortal ancestor we, her children, must suffer.

We the children of Lilith, equal to man; made of the dirt and of the ground and not of Adam’s rib, must suffer.

The truth lives on as a Jewish myth. The story of my ancestor the first woman, and one of the first to be damned.

Lilith, was created at the same time as Adam, God had created her out of the same material as man as well. So Lilith thought of herself as an equal, why should she not? Yet, Adam saw it differently. He thought that Lilith should be submissive, and so as he told her. Lilith refused, and in her refusal left Adam. As you can imagine God and Adam were not pleased by this. God gave Lilith one more chance; submit and you will not be punished. Testing God’s boundaries Lilith doomed us all by refusing.

As punishment God damned her and all of her descendants with the prophecy that haunts any living being with even a drop of her blood in them.

For your betrayal you and all of your descendants will be damned. You alone will walk the earth forever; hating all those that are unlike you, and upon dusk each day 100 of your descendants shall die.

The last line played in my mind over and over again like a broken record. The words so drilled into my head that no matter how much I may have wished it, I was unable to forget those vile words.

No matter how hard you fought, you could never out run the curse, my mother had proved that. I had never thought the curse would claim her. She could not have been more like an Eve descendant had she actually been one.

She was unusually kind for being a Demon. Her heart was as wide as the ocean, and her relentless love flowed like a river.

She was modest, compassionate, and unlike me, was not consumed by the prophecy. I think that she tried to live her life to make up for the mistakes of Lilith. Even to go as far as to marry a Adam descendant , my father.

Demon’s of Lilith do not marry humans! We detest them, in reality it is most likely because we envy them for holding God’s good favor.
I will admit that there are many of my kind that fill their short lives with causing pain to humans in any way possible.

I am only 17, and yet I understand perfectly well how the world will always react to our kind. Men will always flock to us because we are more beautiful than the daughters of Eve. Women will always be put off by our existence. Unable to understand why at our presence they are filled with hatred and contempt.

Only another way my mother defied the prophecy, she had many friends that were women. Won over by her kindness. Yet, I knew at the same time they would be filled with a since of uneasiness at her presence.

Although, for the most part her friends accepted her, even as they along with their daughters secretly condemned me.

I was wild, and beautiful, my appearance alone was like one would witness in a dream. That was normal for my kind though, we were whimsical in every since of the word; bewitching to mortals by just one glance of the eye.

My mother had worked diligently in hiding her other worldly looks, and actions, only showing her true radiant self to my father and I.

I on the other hand did little to suppress my inner desires. I did as I wished and regretted nothing, that was the way of my people. So who was I to deny age old tradition? Although I loved my mother we were never truly alike. I saw the strength in what I was, where she only saw sin.

My mother loved me so she allowed my flagrant disregard for rules and social etiquette. Fighting was not something you can afford to do when every day could be your last.

Where my mother worked to keep herself as human as possible I did my best to deny it. I will admit I enjoyed my powers over the male population. It was a powerful feeling to know that you could control someone with a dreamy look; smirk; or the occasional flash of the breast.

Artistic even; to be able to be the muse, and heart throb of over half the human population.

Too bad I didn’t give a damn about them. Mortals do not hold interest for me, how could they? Sure they were fun to fuck with, in more ways than one if you get my drift. They were not immortal; they did not hold the key to my future, not like Albrecht did.

Just the thought of him sent tingles and shivers down my body.The boy was my deepest desire, he was literally sex on fire. Just the thought of him alone left me craving his lust filled rough caresses.

His darkness would be my salvation so to speak. Like matter you can not truly destroy a curse. Yet, you can apply another. Hoping of course, that it will change forms into something more desirable.

Immortality fit me far better than a short flame of a life, although I loved my mother I would not be like her. No matter how hard I had tried in my earlier years to be just like my hero; my mother, I never was.

I was greedy, vain, and at times selfish, where as she was charitable, optimistic, and always selfless. Even though more Human blood ran through my veins than Demon, what Demon blood I did have, dominated my Human side. My mother said that I looked exactly like the first generation, or the original offspring of Lilith, than the simpler generations that survive today.

I would be lying if I did not say that I held more promise in my Demonic side, and hopefully soon Vampiric side, than I did my Human nature.

I will admit that I am bitter, although my childhood was pleasant. My mother and father gave me all the love that could fill their hearts. I know that in my heart that it is true. Perhaps deep down I do blame her for me not having any friends. I know that is selfish, but as a child I would have to watch as other little girls giggled to each other, had slumber parties, and did things that I was never included in.

I knew from the beginning why they did not like me, my mother never hid what she was from me, or my father. Yet, at the same time she was so consumed by her human life that she refused to be a part of the magical one that would have accepted me with open arms. I think she was in a way protecting me. By not allowing me to be with other magical children, she thought she was saving me from a life of complex problems, and things that were out of my control. Besides the prophecy, and the dislike from other girls; in human world I was at a slight advantage.

Yet, a short and easy life was not something that I desired, I wanted what almost everyone one magical or human that is my age wants to never die, and never become old. Selfish, arrogant, egotistical even, but that was what I want.

That was where Albrecht came in. I wanted to live, and Albrecht had all of the answers. If I gave up the small amount of humanity I supposedly had, I could expel the prophecy and never have to think about it again.

My answer was obvious, There truly was not anything to think about, you cannot become more damned than a Demon right? If I was to never die, than damnation did not apply, or matter in the least.

I could not help but smirk at my appearance in the full body mirror that stood in front of me. My heart shaped pale face glowed in the candle light of Albrecht’s room. My large blue eyes rimmed with a royal purple flickered back at me, as they scanned my appearance diligently. Smiling in admiration, I pulled a strand of my light orange hair behind my ears, looking as hard as I could for any fault that may have been present in my long loosely curly locks that just reached my waist.

Smiling, I easily noted that all of those things put together gave me that other worldly beauty models would die for. To put it simply I noted that my body was that of an hourglass, to such an extent it drove men mad.

Beauty has given me a lot, I owe so much to my appearance; no matter how shallow that made me without it I would have never snagged the desires of my dark prince Albrecht. Bloodletts of the Vampire Queen Natasha do not fall for just anyone.

If I was to become a Bloodlett, I would have to be seen as fit, not just anyone can become one. Not just anyone can be connected to the Vampiric royal family! Which is what a Bloodlett was, Natasha herself has only created three. Albrecht, told me that he was created into a Vampire by her first, then Fredrick, and lastly Vincent.

In the Vampire world, it is all about who created you. You are your creator’s responsibility, honor, and forever bound to them; by an unbreakable bond. Only Vampires created by Natasha are given the supreme title of Bloodlett. Although Albrecht and his brothers, by creation only are called princes, they are in fact of no relation other than creation to Natasha. Created in their own time to appease her, each having been her lover at a different time.

Natasha apparently has but one real son, who will forever be six, after his tragic death at the hands of a Vampire Hunter. He is now a Ghost, his presence the same as if he was alive.

I was not happy at the thought of meeting them, Albrecht said that they could be cold and not pleasant to deal with. His arrival with a me apparently causing the Royal’s great surprise.

Not that Albrecht was picky with whom he slept with, but he was not the type to admit a serous relationship.

I believe that is why our arrival was met with such distress. We had only moments before we were expected in the parlor, in what I believed was going to be a rather nasty evaluation. I had to impress the Queen; her Bloodletts, and the true prince, if I was going to destroy this prophesy and get my well deserved happily-ever-after.

Failure, was just not an option at this point.


“Calm yourself Reska, or you will give yourself frown lines.” Albrecht smirked, suddenly appearing behind me. I sighed deeply as I felt him wrap his arm around my waist pulling my back against his chest as he buried his head into my neck leaving a trail of butterfly kisses from my bare shoulder to my awaiting lips.

“I suppose you are right, I just don’t want to fuck this up Albrecht, this is all I want.” I whispered, my eyes overflowing with tears. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath as I felt Albrecht kiss away my tears placing his soft full lips upon mine. His eyes were filled with sexual hunger as he looked me over. I knew exactly what he wanted unfortunately that would have to wait.

We were expected downstairs, and it would be a cold day in hell before I was late for that meeting. Regretfully I had to push Albrecht away from me, stand up and leave the room. Albrecht kept close to me and before we entered the parlor he swung his arm around my waist yet again.

I was moderately surprised when I entered the parlor, I am not sure what I had expected. Perhaps, I was expecting a Royal Court of old; thrones, crowns, and guards, I suppose. You could not imagine my shock at the simple livings of the room. From the fireplace and throw rugs, to the simple themed furniture.

I was not sure what to make of the people occupying the room as well. I knew that the striking blond boy, had to have been Natasha’s son Phillipe, yet the other Vampire, I was not sure of.

I watched as the man leaped to his feet, nodding slightly as he helped Phillipe off the ground before practically dragging the now frowning child over.

“What’s with the long face Phillipe? I thought I was your favorite.” Albrecht replied laughing at the young boy’s behavior.

“You are mean, and I don’t like you anymore!” The boy exclaimed angrily, as he hid behind the man.

“You can’t blame him Albrecht, you only come around when you need money or have bad news. Let’s get to the point, did you knock this one up as well and are in the need of more money for the expenses?” The man replied anger boiling in his eyes which showed nothing but contempt.

“Fredrick, as if you should talk about illegitimate children, what is the toll up to, 17 or so now?” Albrecht asked laughing.

“I am not screwing around here, it would be better if you told me what you do want.” Fredrick asked angrily.

That was when I felt obligated to step in. I knew that there is a protocol for these sort of things. It did not help my pride any as I did what needed to be done.

Unwrapping myself from Albrecht, I stepped forward, and in a fluid motion slipped from both feet onto one knee. I bowed my head in respect that Albrecht had failed to show, even to his fellow Bloodlett and princes.

“It pains me to have you think of me and my prince, in such a since. I am here not to bring bad news to my hopeful new Queen. In fact, I am here to tell you the news of my engagement to Albrecht. He did not wish to ask your highness's in fear of such a reaction that you just displayed. Yet, I felt that it would be essential to inform his, and hopefully my new family, of the transaction that is to occur. Please forgive any faults or shocks our appearance has caused you.” I stated forcing myself to look as humble as I could possibly appear.

I did not look up in fear of Fredrick having read my mock sincerity, but I did allow my eyes to meet that of the young prince who was looking at me with intense surprise.

“I somehow have a hard time believing this Albrecht, is this the truth?” Fredrick asked confused as he gently pulled me back to my feet.

“As surprising as it may seem, we are getting married Fredrick.” Albrecht answered quickly pulling my body against him yet again. I had to wonder how he would live without me being able to be physically attached to him at every moment. A quite interesting thought if I do say so my self.

“This had better not be a joke, Albrecht!” Fredrick exclaimed still not believing what we were saying.

Sighing to myself I placed my left hand out in front of him, showing everyone the large dazzling diamond engagement ring Albrecht had gotten me just days before.

“Okay; I guess I have to believe you, let me go get get Vincent and Natasha, I think I speak for everyone in that they are going to want to hear this. You don’t mind watching Phillipe while I fetch them do you?” Fredrick asked as he quickly exited the room before he could hear our reply.

The room collapsed into awkward silence. Phillipe stared at us with glistening blue eyes, hallow of emotion.

“Hello, I am Reska De’Morii” I replied giving him a large smile.

“Not for long...” Phillipe replied shaking his head quickly before walking back over to sit in front of the fire place, getting back to his Lincoln logs.

“He has a point, my love, you will be Reska Abendroth, soon.” Albrecht laughed out as he whispered it sensually into my ear.

“Yes, Mrs. Albrecht Hans Abendroth.” I giggled twisting my hips away from him and slinking out of his grasp to join Phillipe on the floor by the fire.

Taking a few Lincoln logs I helped Phillipe continue the house he was building, the silence being as loud as ever.

It took only a few seconds more before the doors to the great room were slammed open with such a force that the walls shook.

Natasha and Vincent had arrived, and by the looks on their faces they were not entirely amused by the situation.

"Explain yourselves at once!" Screeched out a tall blond woman who looked fairly like Phillipe.

I assumed that she was in fact Natasha.

"As I have told Fredrick - Natasha, I am getting married." Albrecht replied coldly to the woman he called his Queen.

"I heard what Fredrick has said, I want to know why! What have you done?" She demanded anger filling her beautiful face.

"I have done nothing except fallen in love." He replied laughing slightly as though enjoying himself.

I felt awkward watching as things unfolded.

"No, really Albrecht this is serous, and effects the entire family, not just yourself." She replied giving him a dirty look.

"I am serious." He stated frankly.

“I am shocked to hear this out of you Albrecht. We all know that you are not the type to settle down.” Natasha replied to Albrecht. For the first time all eyes were now on me. I had to say the looks I was receiving were not the kindest, to say the least.

I wanted to quiver under Natasha’s cold calculating stare. Her large red eyes looked upon me as if I were trash. I must admit that I had been expecting such a response to my presence. I was after all a Demon. Vampires and Demons got along well together in moral standings, and have been partners in crime for centuries. Yet, now with the new reforms the Vampiric Court has been taking to stop crime, the Vampires and Demons have fallen out of league. The Vampires wishing to put all blame for conspiracies, and horrors that have occurred on the Demons. The Demons on the other hand, tried their best to show the Vampires that they were no better than they were. Now both sides were on the edge of a revolution of sorts, so my appearance was not going to be accepted well.

But I was diligent and held my head up high. This was what I wanted and I was not going to back down. I had not come unprepared; I knew what to say to get the pressure off of my back.

“That is what I thought as well, although I am mostly human, my mother use to speak of the Vampiric Court quite often.” I replied as lightly and sweet as I could muster; without looking fake of course.

I watched as Natasha’s eyes furrowed, as she looked me over yet again, I had to wonder if this piece of information made her second-guess her first analysis.

“Mostly human?” She asked questioningly. It was clear that she did not think that was true.

“Yes, my mother was only half Demon, and my father was truly human.” I replied, in my mind I knew I had struck a cord. Natasha preferred humans, to the magic community. Even though I was grinning on the inside, on the outside I was playing my well thought out part. I easily forced a frown upon my pouty lips, adding a sad look into my eyes as I looked anywhere but the Royals’ faces.

I knew that they would be more willing to accept me if I played the shy girl, instead of the confident vixen that I truly was.

I had to admit they fell right for it; even Albrecht seemed to believe my feelings were sincere.

“Being mostly human is not something to look down upon, it makes you far more agreeable and less pretentious.” Natasha stated, and for the first time she sent me a smile that was truly radiant.

“Thank you, I truly did not wish to upset your Highness's.” I replied allowing forced tears to roll down my cheeks. This action I knew let Albrecht know I was faking. I never cried, not once, no matter how bad I felt I could not cry, I could only do so on cue. He said nothing though only continued to play the sympathetic fiance.

"What should we do next? I suppose that nothing I say will change what you two have planed." Natasha replied smiling faintly to us.

"Vampirism, seems like the answer at this point, and then the wedding..." Added in the red headed Vampire, who I assumed was Vincent.

"Actually, we had that planned for later on tonight." Albrecht said rather frankly.

"Vampirism or wedding?" Asked Fredrick giving him an odd look of disapproval.

"Reska, wants to become a Vampire first." Albrecht said as he squeezed my hand.

"Such dedication." Natasha stated smiling at me. I wonder what would happen if she knew that becoming a Vampire was the first thing that had attracted me to Albrecht. Okay, I love Abrecht with a deep burning passion, he is smart, rich, very good looking, but the deal breaker was the Vampire part.

I needed to become a Vampire; I would not parish because of inability to adapt. That would be stupid.

Smiling I nodded with the idol chit-chat that enveloped us as the night presumed. I was regarded with suspicion, but that was expected. As the night began to span on though, the Royals' opened up to me more, allowing me to see a small part into their busy lives.

It seemed as though all of the Royals' except Albrecht, and soon I too would be attending an odd school of sorts. I had a feeling that Natasha was doing this just to make sure that the magical community knew that they were trying to change their ways and help spread a little peace in the war filled kingdoms.

Which I found hilarious. You could not believe how hard it was for me to suppress snickers. A Queen was going to work in the common faculty of a school? Her princes were a little old to be students to say the least. Even if they did look 17, and 18 they were still hundreds of years older than the other students.

Even Phillipe who appeared 6 was really over four hundred years old at least! Albrecht had the same opinion as me, although he was more vocal about it. Expressing that if Natasha did this she would be laughed out of the political meetings rather than just glared at.

Natasha did not exactly like Albrecht's response to her thoughts, so she as Queen asked him to take his leave for the night, although I was allowed to stay I left with Albrecht.

I after all was not loyal to the Royals' only to my Albrecht. The sooner I would return to my room also meant the sooner I would become a Vampire, so I had no trouble shooting down Fredrick's request for me to stay.

I was only steps behind Albrecht when I left the parlor but by time I arrived at our room, he was in a frenzy.

Stepping into our once beautiful room I was greeted by the sight of destruction. Albrecht was in a roar. Throwing vases, and other breakable things that had to cost a fortune at least.

"Albrecht, stop, that won't help things." I growled out placing my hands on my hips.

"She is turning us into the servants of Witches! That is disgusting." He growled walking quickly over to me. He was not in his right mind, anger was apparent upon his face. He did this often, the little things had a way of getting to him.

"Albrecht, although revolting, I don't think she is becoming a servant." I replied lying my ass off, but that was necessary. I needed to calm him down before he did or said something that he would regret.

"She has always been this soft, Fredrick's presence has only made it worse, now look at us, once all we stood for was getting what we wanted. Now it is a joke, we have lost the only treaty that was worth anything, and are estranged from the Demons. Now she wants to make peace with the Fey, and Witches, what's next the Angels? She has in the last 100 years gone so soft. I don't know her anymore, she use to be ruthless, but with Fredrick now as her right hand instead of me, she is doing stupid things!" He screamed anger shaking his body.

"Oh, Honey, things will work out." I whispered lying boldfaced to him as I stepped forward and gave him a soft kiss upon his lips. His eyes stared upset at me, he was troubled on what to do or what to say.

"But- but- that doesn't help the problem. Just allowing this to happen isn't going to make anything better, I need to take action, or everything will be lost!" Albrecht cried out anger and fear filling his voice. He was acting like a scared child, unsure how to deal with the problem that was facing him.

"Albrecht, Natasha has been running the Vampiric court for over a thousand years, she knows what she is doing." I replied giving him another kiss upon his soft lips. I was not going to have my changing night ruined by some court problem that did not even involve me.

"I suppose you are right...." He replied reluctantly as he kissed me back. I knew at that moment that I had won.

But I always won, or so it seemed. I shivered slightly as I felt Albrecht's hands run up and down my sides, causing me to smile. His eyes were hungry with desire as they looked at me. I could not help but smirk at his sudden interest. Or stop myself from moaning as his lips made contact with my neck's skin. My heart was beating rapidly as his arms locked around my waist, supporting me.

"How badly do you want it Reska?" He whispered nipping my ear as I let out a deep sigh of delight. His lips were magic upon my skin, and I could not help but be transfixed with feelings of immense joy that was overcoming me as his lips brushed over my exposed skin.

"Depends on what you are talking about." I purred a smirk filling my face.

"For once I am not talking about sex, although we both know that was what you were thinking of." He replied rolling his eyes, his eyelashes tickling my skin as they made contact with it.

"More than you could ever imagine." I replied hungering for the change that was to occur. I had to admit that it was cruel for him to leave me hanging so long. All I wanted besides him that is was to become like him, and not have to worry about the prophesy that was hanging over my head like a death wish.

"Just do it." I growled growing impatient waiting for what I wanted. Snickering Albrecht ran his sharpened canines against my neck. Getting ready to jam his elongated canines into my neck.

Taking in a deep breath I waited for eternity to be awarded to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really wanted to write for a contest, and this is how it turned out :)