Status: Active, will update when I have time, and will update faster in May.

The Dating Scenarios

The Dive Bombers

A flash here, a rumble there; the rain made angry dents in the grass, the sky lighting up every time Thor wanted to let his voice be known. And boy did he ever roar.

“It doesn’t look like it’s letting up anytime soon.” Joon was watching the water trickle down the window, making wavy lines as it reached its destination at the bottom. He didn’t hear her answer back, so he added, “We’ll have to stay here. Just…do something here. We aren’t going to roam the forests today.” They were going to try finding trees to climb and just see how many they could climb and actually reach the top. He heard her say something, but it was muffled. “Hm? I didn’t hear you.”

“C’mere!” she said again, louder but still muffled.

“Where?” he questioned.

“The living room!”

He moved toward the direction from their bedroom to the living room, and was a little surprised at the way the living room looked. The living room was covered in sheets, aside from a few places where you could spot the carpet. Furniture had been moved and rearranged, as well as blankets and sheets, to resemble a mighty fortress of solitude at the side of the living room. Larythzza poked her head out from inside the fortress and Joon laughed. She reminded him of a cute rabbit popping out of its hole.

“What do you think?” Larythzza asked gleefully, scooting and sitting outside the fort of solitude. “I thought since it was raining, like you pointed out—“ It thundered again, interrupting her sentence. “And God seems to want to point out, we could do this instead.”

“Do…what? Build forts?”

“No.” She paused. “Well, yes. But, maybe we could wage a paper war.” She reached inside the fort and pulled out a paper airplane, holding it up shoulder level.

Joon laughed. “A airplane war?” She nodded, flicking the airplane in his direction. It poked him in the chest and took a nosedive to his feet. “Sounds fun!” He bent and picked up the airplane, straightening out its nose. “What would the winner get if he wins, and how would we play, exactly?”

She looked at him blankly. “She,” Larythzza said, putting emphasis on the word, “would have the other be her minion for the rest of the night. And he would have to do whatever she says.” She was pleased with herself. “Also, I think what we’ll do is whoever gets hit the most with the airplanes loses. So it’ll be like a snowball fight.”

He snorted at her answer about the victor. “That sounds fine, but the loser is going to be very sorry she lost.”

“No, I think she’ll be victorious and won’t have to worry about it. Now go to your fort.” She waved her hand in a shooing motion at him, curling herself into her fortress of solitude.

“But I don’t have a fort,” he pointed out.

“Well looks like you’ll have to hurry and make one quick, doesn’t it?”

He frowned and went to search for extra blankets, finally deciding to peel the linens off of the bed, and make his fort from the bed sheets. ‘We would just have to put them back on later,’ he thought. His fort making skills were sloppy in the rush of things, and his fort wasn’t as grandiose as Larythzza’s, but at least it was standing and not tipped over.

“Are you ready?” she asked him from inside her fort. She had an arsenal of airplanes armed and ready.

“I’ve got the fort built, but unless you have a lot of airplanes, you’ll have to wait until I’ve made some before we start. It would be unfair to start when I don’t have any,” he replied. He was standing there looking at the shambles that was his fort, also pondering if she stole all of the paper in the house. From where he was standing it looked like she did.

“Here, I’ll help you make some airplanes.” She crawled out of her fort with paper in hand and sat down beside him, Joon lowering himself and sitting beside her. Larythzza eyed his fort. “Snazzy fort, Joon.”

“I know. Isn’t it just lovely?” he replied back, just as sarcastic as she was. He never took his eye off of his soon-to-be airplane, folding it simply.

“I can spiff it up while you continue making the airplanes of doom,” she offered, getting up to move towards Joon’s failed attempt at a fort.

He pulled at her pant leg and said, “No, no. My fort’s fine. Sit and make airplanes.”

“No it’s not,” she argued. “My dive bombers would crush this thing.” She poked at one of the patches of the blankets, it wobbling slightly. “Just let me fix it a little so it doesn’t expose you if a plane was thrown too hard.”

Joon rolled his eyes. “Fine, fine. Do as you wish.” He continued making airplanes, and counted six so far.

The pair worked in silence for a few moments; the only sounds being heard were the paper folding and clips being rearranged on a fort. Oh, and shots of thunder every five minutes or so. And rain pelting the earth.

“There. Now I think your fort will withstand even the rain outside.” Larythzza moved to sit beside Joon and his hurt pride at having to have his fort fixed. She picked up a piece of paper and started folding again, eyeing Joon’s small fleet of airplanes, around eight so far. “I think around fifteen should do it, don’t you think?”

“Fifteen sounds good,” he agreed, finishing up the one in his hand. They worked for a few more moments before he asked, “Out of curiosity, how many do you have in there?”

“Fifteen,” Larythzza lied, not looking him in the eyes as she continued making the paper airplanes.

“Let’s see them, then,” Joon said, flicking a piece of hair from his eyes.

Larythzza waved him off. “Nah, you don’t need to see them. There are fifteen in there.” She wasn’t lying when she said that, either. There were fifteen in there, but she neglected to mention the five extra she had. Joon but down his paper arsenal and crawled towards Larythzza’s fort, starting to get suspicious at her behavior. She grabbed at his leg, and said indignantly, “There are fifteen in there.”

“There very well may be,” he agreed. “But I want to see for myself.”

She continued to try to hold him down, and decided to pounce on him, which brought him down. He reached out towards the opening of the fort and opened it slightly, trying to drag himself toward her fort with her on top of him, succeeding in reaching the opening.

“I knew it, you liar,” he said, calling her out. “You’ve got more than fifteen in here. I’ll take that.” He snatched a few of her airplanes, and she climbed ever further on top of him.

They rolled around on the floor as Larythzza tried to get her airplanes back, yelling things such as “Those are mine!” and “Give. Me. Them.” Joon just gripped hold of the planes tighter, careful not to actually crumble them on accident.

“You know, the more we bicker the less time we have to actually do the airplane war,” Joon reminded her as she squirmed to try and reach his hand filled with her paper planes. “And I’m just taking three. You’ll have two and then we’ll both have seventeen, right? No, no wait. Gah.” He was confused by his own mathematical skills.

Larythzza sighed, dropping her head as she gave up trying to reason with him, and to also correct him in his math. “You have fifteen, I have twenty. The only way either of us would be even is if one of us makes one more plane so then we could both have eighteen, since the grand total we have now is thirty-five.”

“All right, then. Let’s make one more plane and start this war.”

She nodded and quickly made a plane, and then they split them up, being sure each of them had an even amount. It was like Larythzza had explained, there being eighteen between them.

Jon retreated to his fort, and Larythzza to hers before tossing a coin to decide who would fire first. Larythzza won.

This meant war.

Both of their heads peeked out from their resident areas, each playfully glaring at each other. After half a minute Larythzza made the first move and shot her paper airplane at Joon. He moved out of the way, and fired his. It grazed Larythzza’s arm as she pulled back to fire hers and Joon shouted, “Victory is mine!” flexing his arms.

Upon his victory a paper airplane landed on his shoulder, and Larythzza replied, “Keep dreaming, wonderboy.”

They kept score like this, the two of them, ending up not hiding in their forts like they wanted because both wanted to be sure of their scores of who was hit by a flying piece of folded paper.

Within a minute it was five hits on Joon, and four on Larythzza, both missing an equal amount of times from shouts of indignation and playful assault on their opponent before lunging into their forts to grab more ammunition.

Within thirty seconds after that, there was only one airplane left on both sides, and an even score of 11 out of 11 shots. Each shot their last paper airplane quickly, ducking to avoid the other’s airplane.

Joon’s airplane hit Larythzza’s foot.

“Yes!” Joon shouted, and Larythzza groaned, muttering to herself in annoyance that she lost. “You are my minion, my lovely,” he stated smugly, picking her up and slinging her over his shoulder.

“No, no, no, no!” she shouted in defiance, playfully beating him on the back. “I refuse to be your card.”

“But you’re the queen of my heart, so it’s only fair that you be my minion.”

She walked right into that one and caved, smiling in spite of herself as she was placed on their bed. “Real cute.” She paused. “Now, what shall I do for you, oh high and mighty Joon?”

He paused for a minute, and then smirked. “You have a maid outfit, right?” he asked lowly. Her eyes narrowed as she replied that she did. “Go change into that and then I’ll tell you what I want you to do.”

She puckered her lips and then did as he said, going to the bathroom to change into the maid outfit. Larythzza came out a few minutes later all dressed up like a French maid in a castle minus the feather duster. “Now. What do you want me to do?”

To say his grin was maniacal would be too kind. “You are to do my dance to Stay. All of it, and not just some of it.”

She wondered where his head went for a moment and asked, “Come again?” She put a hand on her hip. He repeated the demand and she replied, “I don’t know all of the dance, just some of it. You know this.”

“Then do what you know,” he replied. “And don’t slack off. I know what moves you know and what moves you don’t.”

Larythzza sighed, and waited for Joon to start the music. The only thought running through her mind was, ‘This is ridiculous.’
♠ ♠ ♠
C/C is welcome. <3