Jason

Fly Over States

“He’s still waiting for you,” Addison reminded. “I know you’re a little scared to go back, but he’s still there.”

“I know,” She said softly. “I know he is.”

“Then why don’t you go back instead of hiding out here?”

“I should’ve done that a long time ago,” Brooke admitted. “Now I feel like I’ve changed too much for him. That’s why I can’t go back.”

Addison grabbed her hands from across the table, giving them a gentle squeeze. She looked her best friend directly in the eyes. “You haven’t changed Brookie. You think you have, but you haven’t.” Addison’s southern accent had now been replaced by a much more clearer tone.

“You’re still that little southern girl who’s mother wants you to marry the boy who helps out on the farm. Just because you lived in the big city for a couple months doesn’t mean you’ve changed who you are.”

“But…”

Brooke was cut off by the ringing of the bell on the coffee shop door. Addison smiled up at the figure that had just walked through the door, taking her focus off of her best friend.

“Brooklyn.”

She knew that voice all too well, yet hesitantly, she still turned around.

There, standing in front of her with a boquet of white daisies with a black cowboy hat shadowing his face, in a button up shit and wrangler jeans, was the man she fell in love with.

“Jason,” She breathed, getting up from her chair, clasping her arms around his neck and burying her face into the crook of his neck. She smelled the familiar musky scent on his skin and knew that she wasn’t going to hide from him anymore.

His arms held on to her tightly, while his lips kissed her forehead softly, telling her how much he missed her.

Finally, he pulled away far enough from her so that he could see her face that he had missed.

“Come back home with me Brooklyn,” He pleaded. “Come back and live in a house with me and we’ll have a yard full of kids. I don’t want to live without you anymore.”

Nodding vigorously, she answered, “I’m coming home… with you.”