Status: Updated when the mood strikes me.

The Hell Inside My Head

Prologue

Alessei ran a hand down her neck. She could feel the demon blood inside her boiling. It was only a matter of time before she spilled over.

She crossed the room to her mirror, hanging on the wall. In the manner of the rest of the room, it was smooth, stainless steel. A dark red stain spattered the wall next to the mirror, forever a reminder to Alessei to keep away from sharp-edged iron. She removed the hand from her aching forehead and forced herself to look at the creature in the mirror.

The half-demon stared back. Her wide green eyes were dilated, the pupils a tiny black speck. Always a clear sign that the blood would take her over. Alessei chanced a smile, but it turned into a terrible snarl. People with fangs don’t smile. Trying to retract her fangs, she found she couldn’t. This is new. A shaking hand, nails curved into claws, ran a finger down one alabaster fang. No matter how hard she pushed, the fangs stayed out.

I’m really gone this time, Mama. Gone for good.

Alessei’s spine screamed in pain as she bent forwards, then backwards into a position that would break a human’s back. The convulsions were always painful, and this one was no exception. She felt the spines pierce the soft, pale skin of her back, and bit her tongue to stifle a shriek. No good waking the rest of the dorm up with my problems. Her hair fell out of its meticulously sculpted twist, and the girl groaned in frustration. That’ll take forever to get just right again, was her last thought before she went under.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter of my new Soul Eater fanfic. Don't worry, they get longer. Hope you like it!