Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Party

I remember the day as if it were yesterday. The day my life, or whatever you want to call it, changed in a matter of days...

"Scar, are you even listening to me?"

I blinked as my best friend Cassie waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Sorry, I was thinking." I replied.

Cassie smiled as her eyes moved to where I was staring. There he was in all his beauty the Quarterback of our High School football team; Ben Rinquist. He had shaggy blond hair, emerald green eyes, tanned fit body, and a gorgeous smile. He was way out of my league. Little did I know someone else had spotted him. Someone who craved more than just sex.

"Yeah, thinking about Ben naked! Why don't you go talk to him?"

"He wouldn't talk to me."

"You don't know that." Cassie replied. "Hey why don't I have a party tonight? My parents are going to Seattle for the weekend so the whole place is ours! And maybe something can happen between you and Ben!"

"Yeah, whatever. Lets get to class."

After school Cassie and I headed to the store to get food for the party. Her older brother Dan got the alcohol; a party wasn't the same without booze.

"I invited Valerie." Cassie blurted out as we were getting ready for the party in her room.

I glanced away from my reflection in the mirror to look at a nervous Cassie. She knew I didn't like that girl because she also liked Ben and would say that one day the better girl would get him for good. She was very weird too; she sat by herself a lot just staring into space. Most considered her a loner, but she had that certain charm that made guys want her. Valerie only wanted one guy at our school though-a guy that I've had a crush on since third grade.

"Why did you invite her?" I snapped.

"She begged me to invite her and I didn't want to be mean."

"She better not start shit."

"If she does I'll ask her to leave."

"Good."

The party kicked off to a good start; couples were seen making out or going out to their cars to do the dirty, girls were puking all over the lawn, and the music was making everyone act crazy. It was epic. Myself on the other hand was standing in the corner being a wall flower. I never was a fan of partying, but my best friend loved them and if I didn't go she would be pissed. My blue eyes wondered around the large backyard until they landed on Ben. He was talking to a few of his buddies and slowly yet seductively taking sips out of his red plastic cup.

Lucky ass cup. I thought.

"Go talk to him!" Cassie whispered in my ear.

I shook my head. "He won't talk to me."

Ben began to walk towards me and Cassie. My heart skipped a beat, but as he walked passed me it broke in two. I suddenly felt my body being pushed forward into Ben.

"Whoa, are you okay?" he asked while catching me so I wouldn't fall to my face.

I blushed nervously up at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a few one two many beers!"

"Well, don't get too carried away."

I glanced back at Cassie who was grinning from ear to ear. I gave her my famous finger. She was such a jerk sometimes.

"I won't!"

"Good! Well, I'll see you around." and with that he walked off leaving me upset yet again.

Cassie hated seeing her best friend upset. She excused herself from Scarlett and followed after Ben.

"Hey Ben, can I talk to you?"

Ben turned around and smiled. "Of course you can Cassie!"

"Will you go out with Scarlett?"

"What? Your red headed friend? I barely know her."

"Well get to know her just for tonight. Spend it with her and if you don't like her then tell her you only want to be friends."

"What's in it for me?" he asked with a smirk.

Cassie smiled seductively up at him. "Anything you want!" she replied before walking off.

Valerie was burning with rage. Why would Ben want someone like Scarlett or even Cassie? They were nothing. They couldn't please him like she could. She watched as Ben walked over to Scarlett. Since her hearing was very good she listened to them from a distance.

"Scarlett, would you like to go for a walk with me?"

I glanced up at Ben meeting his green eyes. He was seriously asking me to go on a walk with him? I wasn't even aware he knew my name.

"Sure!"

He outstretched his hand for me to take. Everyone watched as we walked through the backyard and down the street to the little park in the neighborhood.

"Do you like me?" he asked as he seductively pushed me against the tree.

"I've had a crush on you since third grade so what do you think?"

Ben softly smiled. His eyes glistened in the moonlight.

"I wish I would've known sooner, like way before senior year! Cassie told me how you felt."

I smiled widely. "Of course she did!"

Ben ran his fingers through my hair and softly cupped my cheek. My heart was beating in my chest so fast that I thought it would stop. I felt his warm breath against my skin as he leaned in closer to my lips. I was ready for this; ready to be his girlfriend.