Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Feelings

I walked into the park with my senses in overdrive. If Valerie was going to attack me then I would be ready. In the middle of the park sat a gazebo that was lit up with crystal lights. I headed inside and patiently waited for what seemed like eternity. I glanced down at my watch to see that it was almost a quarter to nine. I began to feel really let down. My secret admirer had stood me up. I was about to leave until I heard footsteps come closer to me. I smirked when I saw Edward walk towards the gazebo. He was so worried that I would be attacked by Valerie that he came to make sure I was okay.

"I got stood up." I told him.

He headed up the stairs staring into my eyes as he came closer to me. He then pulled my body into his and slowly leaned into my mouth. Once our lips touched it was like fireworks that went off. My whole body tingled all over from his touch. At first I was caught off guard, but I gave into the kiss. I carefully pushed him against the rail which made him moan into my lips. I quickly pulled away and apologized to him. I knew he was the type of guy that wanted to wait until marriage before he got any further with a girl. He smiled down at me as he tucked a piece of my red hair behind my ear.

"It's okay." he replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Edward chuckled which made my eyes go wide.

"Am I looking at my secret admirer?"

Edward gave me his famous smirk that sent chills all over my body.

"Maybe," he replied. "Am I being too forward?"

I laughed. "I didn't know you liked me in that way."

"I do. More than you will ever know."

I stared into his eyes wondering if he was really telling me the truth. Did he like me or was it the thought of being with someone and not alone that excited him?

"Am I just your rebound girl?"

Edward narrowed his eyes at me. I really did like Edward, but I didn't think we needed to rush into anything after Bella cheated on him. Especially if he thought of me as the rebound girl.

"Why would you think that?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Because you and Bella just broke up a few days ago."

"Scarlett listen to me, I liked you when I took you to Port Angeles."

"Really?"

Edward softly cupped my cheek as he leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Yes. I thought I knew what love was when I found Bella, but then you came along and you were the only thing I could think about. I can have a life with you Scarlett-I want to have a life with you. I want to spend all of eternity with you."

I knew if I was still human my whole body would be tingling from Edward's touch. I thought I knew what love was with Ben, but being with Edward I knew I had found my true love. My feelings for him had become stronger in the past few days. We barely knew each other, but we had a life time and more to become closer.

"I do too." I replied as I reached up and placed my lips against his once more.

Alice smiled widely to herself as she saw a vision of Edward and Scarlett kissing. She was so glad that Edward was finally happy. Sure, he did love Bella, but he was never going to turn her into a vampire. He cared that much about her to save her soul. It was different with Scarlett. He knew he could have a life with her. He could truly, passionately, and devotionally love her.