Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Valerie

Valerie ran through the forests of La Push with a pack of dogs trailing behind her. She smiled widely loving the chase. She finally met the end of the earth and jumped off a large cliff and into the darkness of the water below. She swam underneath the water until she reached land again. She could smell the scent of vampires. She smirked evilly then ran towards the scent. It finally led her to a beautiful house, but waiting outside of that house was a clan of vampires and Scarlett.

-------------

Edward and I were cuddled up on the couch in his room listening to the radio. He softly kissed my lips which still made me all mushy inside.

"I love you." he whispered in my ear.

I tilted my head up to meet his golden gaze.

"Are you sure you love me?"

"Of course I do!"

I softly smiled. "Then I love you too."

Edward quickly tensed up. His whole body language had changed and I wondered why.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Stay here." he said.

In one swift movement he got up from the bed and left the room. I was confused about what was going on. I rushed out of the room and out of the house. The Cullen's were standing in the front yard staring at the forest.

"What is it?" I asked them.

My question was soon answered when I saw Valerie walk out of the forest. My body tensed up. I felt like running after her and ripping her to shreds. Edward knew what I was thinking. He softly grabbed my hand and softly squeezed it.

"I'm here for you." he whispered.

Valerie finally stopped a few feet in front of us and smiled widely. Her smile to this day still creeped me out.

"I've been looking for you Scarlett." she said. 'I told you that you're mine. I changed you so that we can be together forever."

"That's a petty reason to change a human." Carlisle spoke in a soft tone.

"Maybe to you." Valerie replied without even taking her eyes off of me. "Now come on Scarlett. I have a home for us in Salem. It's got an indoor pool, a wonderful room for us, beautiful bathroom, a balcony overlooking the area, a game room, and a theater room. I found it just for us. Though, the former tenants weren't really keen on leaving, but I handled them!"

"I'm not going anywhere with you. This is my home. This is my family."

Valerie noticed that Edward and I were holding hands. I could've sworn I saw her face get red with anger, but she quickly hid it so I wasn't sure.

"Oh, I see. You found someone else. Did she tell you what I did to the last guy she had a crush on?"

Edward clenched his jaw. "The last guy wasn't a vampire. I love Scarlett and I will be damned if I let her go anywhere with you. Like she said we are her family."

"Is this what you want?" Valerie asked.

"Yes, this is what I want. I love this family and I love Edward."

"Fine!" she yelled. "Stay here, but I assure you I will be back and the next time you will come with me."

Valerie darted back into the woods. I didn't know what was going through her mind.

"She'll be back." said Carlisle.

"With more vampires." replied Esme.

The Cullen's looked at me and for some reason I felt bad for staying with them. What if Valerie did come back with more vampires and those vampires wanted to fight with the Cullen's? I couldn't let anything happen to them. I love them all so much. They had taken me in and given me a place to stay.

"Nothing will happen to us." Edward softly said as he pulled me closer to him.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because we have something they don't."

"And what's that?"

"Wolves." he said with a smirk.