Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Help

Edward softly knocked on the front door. He felt nervous about coming here, but he knew that Jacob would probably be here. He snarled his nose up when he smelt the awful dog stench. The door finally opened and there stood both Bella and Jacob.

"Edward, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I need to talk to Jacob."

"About?" Jacob asked rudely.

"Can I come in?"

Bella thought about it for a few moments then nodded. Edward was led into the living room. Jacob and Bella sat down on the couch next to each other while Edward took a seat in Charlie's recliner.

"If you haven't already guessed there's a vampire roaming around."

"We know," spat Jacob. "What does she want?"

"Her name is Valerie. She turned Scarlett into a vampire now she wants her to come to Salem with her."

"And that's our problem why?"

"Jake," cooed Bella. "Listen to what he has to say."

Edward softly cleared his throat. "Anyway, Scarlett told Valerie that she is staying here and Valerie bluntly said she will be back. We have a feeling with more vampires."

Jacob sighed. "And you want us to help you fight them?"

"Please." Edward begged.

Jacob was silent for a few moments before he spoke. "Well, since Bella chose me I guess we can help out your new vampire girlfriend."

Edward smiled. "Thank you Jacob."

----------

I quickly wiped the blood from my mouth and stood up feeling very refreshed. Edward had plans to do so I was on my own hunting today. When I returned back to the house Edward was standing on the porch waiting for me.

"Hey! Did you get everything done?" I asked.

Edward pulled me into a soft kiss and then nodded.

"Yes. I asked Jacob if the wolf pack would mind helping us fight-that is if Valerie comes back."

I nodded. I was so grateful that Jacob had agreed to help us. We needed all the help we could get to take down Valerie. I knew if we didn't kill her she wouldn't stop coming around. She would do anything to get me to leave with her. That's how messed up she was. When she wanted something she would stop at nothing to get it.

"Do you think she will come back." I asked.

"You know the answer to that."

Edward was right; I did know the answer to that, but I wished I was wrong about that answer.