Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Vision

Alice sat at the lunch table staring off into space. Her eyes went wide before she blinked and turned to Edward. He looked down at me and I knew exactly what Alice had saw.

"She's coming isn't she?" I asked.

He softly nodded. "After school she'll be in the clearing with about twenty other vampires."

I firmly shut my eyes. Was I ready for this-to risk the lives of the ones I loved? Edward softly kissed my neck which sent shivers down my spin. I didn't know how long I could resist him. Just being near him made me want to rip his clothes off and have my way with him.

"I won't let anything happen to you." he whispered.

I softly chuckled which caught him off guard.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm nothing like Bella. You don't have to protect me. I won't break."

"I know, but if anything ever did happen to you-"

I placed my finger over his lips. "It won't."

The rest of the school day went by incredibly slow. It was finally last period. I walked into art class with my sketch pad in tow. Bella smiled at me when I took a seat next to her.

"Edward told me about Valerie. Are you okay?" she asked.

"Not really." I sighed. 'I don't want to be the reason for something bad happening to the Cullen's or the pack."

Bella smiled. "They can take care of themselves. Believe me." she went quiet for a moment then looked at me. "Do you love Edward?"

I softly nodded. "Yes, I do."

"Don't hurt him like I did. I still feel bad for cheating on him, but please don't you hurt him."

I had the strong urge to tell Bella off. She had no room to tell me not to hurt Edward. I would never dream of hurting him. I kept my mouth shut thought and told her that I wouldn't hurt him. She nodded then went back to her drawing.

--------

Edward came to a complete stop outside of the house. We both got out of the car and waited for the others to come outside. Carlisle told us we had to take down as many newborns as possible. Since I was basically still a newborn I was stronger than the others-which meant I was an asset in this war.

"Are we ready?" Carlisle asked.

"Let's do this!" Emmett yelled.

I chuckled softly so myself. Emmett was like a big brother to me, Jasper was my stress reliever, Rosalie was the one I went to for makeup or hair advice, Alice was my fashion magazine, Carlisle and Esme were my second parents, and Edward was my everything. If anything happened to them I couldn't forgive myself. Edward softly grabbed onto my hand as we began to head to the clearing. I didn't let my emotions take over me; if they did I knew that Jasper would calm me down.

The clearing was rather peaceful when we arrived. It was relatively quiet-as if a war wasn't even going to happen. The soft wind blew through the forest sending the sweet smell of wild flowers my way. Then out of nowhere the wolf pack walked out of the woods. I was amazed at how big they were. They came to a complete stop beside us and we all waited. It was the calm before the storm.