Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Forgiveness

Valerie emerged through the forest with an evil smile place upon her lips. At first, I thought she came alone until a handful of other vampires followed after her. I didn't wait for a signal or anything-I flung myself at Valerie and sent us flying into a tree. The war had just begun. The Cullen's and the wolf pack battled the newborns. Pieces of the vampires were flung out all over the clearing, but I wasn't paying much attention to them. I was in the middle of battling Valerie. I grabbed onto her hair and jammed her face hard into a tree making her marble skin crack.

"You can't get rid of me this easily!" she said.

"Oh, I will." I replied.

Valerie pulled my body over her and sent me slamming into the hard earth. It didn't hurt, but it also didn't feel good. She then pulled me up to my feet and tried to yank my head off my neck. At that moment I thought I was going to die-or whatever you want to call it. My golden orbs glanced overt to see Edward running towards us. He landed on Valerie sending me flying backwards. I regained my composure and flung myself back on her. I held her body down while Edward grabbed her neck and began to pull. I was shocked at how easily he yanked her head off her body. He let it fall to the ground then stared at me. I smiled as I pulled off her limbs.

"Are you okay?" he asked while pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah. Thank you. I thought I could take her on my own."

"You know I would help you out no matter what. If anything happened to you I couldn't exist on this earth anymore."

I pulled Eddward into a passionate kiss. He was everything to me. I didn't know you could love someone so much until I met him. He saved me from this monster I had become. I looked around the clearing to see Carlisle and Esme gathering up the remains of the newborns. They put them all in a pile and set them a blaze. Edward did the same with Valerie's remains. My eyes watched as her body became engulfed in the orange flames.

"I forgive her." I said as I turned towards Edward. "If she didn't turn me I never would've met you."

Edward softly kissed my cheek. "You can be damned with me."

Edward grabbed my hand and led me away from Valerie's charred remains. After thanking Sam we all headed back to the house. I was so happy that Valerie was finally gone for good. I got my revenge on her and then some.

------------

Edward and I walked through the halls of the High School. There were fliers hung around the whole school about prom which would be held at the local country club. The theme was going to be a Moment Like This which would contain a Paris themed prom. I went to prom last year with Cassie, but it wasn't that fun since she deserted me to hang out with the guys. Edward led me to the ticket booth where the student's could buy their tickets to the prom.

"Would you mind going to prom with me?" he asked.

I smiled widely. "Of course I wouldn't mind."

Edward grinned. "Two tickets!"

Mrs. Foxworth handed us our tickets after Edward paid her.

"This gives us a reason to go shopping!" Alice said as her and Jasper bought their tickets.

I couldn't contain my excitment. I absolutely loved shopping and I hadn't been able to go since I had been turned.

"Can we go tomorrow since it's Saturday?" I asked.

Alice nodded. "Yes, we can! Rosalie and I will do your hair and makeup for prom!"

"I can't wait!"

Edward softly kissed my cheek. He fell in love with Scarlett more and more each day. She was more outgoing and enjoyed the usual girl things unlike Bella-who didn't like doing those types of things. She was more of a wall flower than anything. Edward was so happy that he found Scarlett. She meant everything to him.