Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Prom

Alice, Rosalie, and I headed into a dress shop in Port Angeles. I was so excited about finding a dress for prom. I knew I wanted a dress that reminded me of a ball gown, but the styles now a days were really slutty looking dresses. This shop actually looked somewhat formal.

"Hi, can I help you?" a woman greeted us.

"We're looking for a couple of dresses for prom." I replied.

The brunette woman smiled. "Well you've come to the right place. I'm guess you're a size four?"

I nodded. "Sure am!"

"All our size four dresses are on this rack." she said while pointing to the rack on the far right.

"Thank you so much!"

I began to browse through the dresses. About three of them caught my attention; a blue sequin dress, a yellow one that reminded me of the dress Belle wore in Beauty and the Beast, and a burgundy gown that had gems running down the side and it ruffled at the bottom. I tried all three of them on and modeled them for the girls. They both loved the black and burgundy one on me; so I decided to get that one. I also found matching shoes and jewelry. After I bought everything I helped Alice find a dress. She finally decided on a beautiful purple sheer gown. Since Rosalie graduated last year she couldn't go.

"Emmett and I are heading to Isle Esme tomorrow." she said once we were back in the car. "We need some alone time."

"Isle Esme?" I asked.

"It's an Island that Carlisle bought Esme when they got married. It has a gorgeous house overlooking the beach and it's a private Island. On the workers live there."

"That sounds amazing! maybe one day Edward and I could go there." I dreamed.

"Maybe!" smiled Alice.

-------------------

"I don't know why I'm so nervous." I said.

I was sitting in Alice's bathroom while she did my hair and makeup for prom.

"Because you've never actually been to prom with someone that you love! And Edward has a surprise for you tonight!" she whispered. "But he told me not to tell!"

"You can tell me!"

"Nope! You'll just have to wait and see."

"Fine." I groaned.

Alice finished spiral curling my hair then put on eyeshadow, liner, mascara, and the hour long lipstick that wouldn't wear off. She turned me around so that I was now facing the large mirror. My mouth dropped when I saw my reflection. Alice had done a wonderful job at making me look beautiful.

"Wow! Thank you Alice!"

I stood up and gave her a sisterly hug.

"You're welcome!"

After I got into my dress, shoes, and jewelry I waited for Alice to finish getting ready.

"Edward's waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs."

I nervously smiled then headed out of her room. My knees grew weak as I slowly descended down the stairs. Edward had his back turned but when he heard me he turned around. His mouth dropped as he looked me over. He didn't look so bad himself-actually he looked amazing in a tux.

"You look beautiful!" he said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you!"

Carlisle and Esme began to take photos of all of us then we were on our way. Edward had rented a black limo for the event. I had never been in a limo before so I was extremely excited. The limo finally came to a complete stop in front of the beautiful country club. The trees were strung with crystal lights, the flowers were brightly blooming, and a small fountain sprung out water. Alice and Jasper got out first then Edward and I. He softly squeezed my hand as we walked down the trail that led to the front entrance. Music was already booming inside. Mrs. Foxworth got our tickets from us before we were even allowed to walk through a black curtain.

My eyes went wide when I saw all the decorations. Tables were set up with candles and rose bowels on them, crystal lights were strung everywhere, the dance floor sat in the middle of the room, and a large Eiffel Tower statue sat in the very back. It was like we had walked into Paris. Edward slowly led me onto the dance floor as YMCA began to play. We began to dance to fast songs which embarrassed me because I've never been much of a dancer. I absolutely loved dancing to the slow songs; being in Edward's arms made me feel loved.

As I was keeping up appearances by pouring me some punch Bella came over to me with Jacob at her side.

"You look stunning Scarlett!" she said.

I smiled at her. "Thanks so do you!"

Bella was wearing a plain Jane red dress, but it suited her. Soon the King and Queen were both announced and of course Mike and Jessica won the votes. I congratulated them and in return got a big thank you. I really didn't know them that well but they seemed like really nice people. If I was still human I'm sure the two of them would be really good friends with me. It felt like we just got there when the DJ said this would be the last song of the night-which was Carless Whisper the cover by Seether. Edward pulled my body closer to his as we twirled around the dance floor. I couldn't contain myself any longer; I reached up and passionately placed a kiss on his lips. To us we were the only two on the dance floor. I didn't want this night to end.