Status: Finished

Heavy in Your Arms

Graduation

I knew that love shouldn't be rushed, but slow to enjoy the little moments. It was different with Edward and I. From day one we rushed into a relationship and now a commitment together. Everyday I fell in love with him even more and everyday I expressed that love to him. After graduation we planned on getting married. I wanted a wedding on the summer solstice which was June 21st. Edward thought that would be a perfect day. He already told the others who of course were extremely happy. Carlisle and Esme already thought of me as their daughter and the other's thought of me as their little sister. They found me and basically raised the new me into who I am today.

I stared at myself in the mirror to make sure that I looked perfect. In only a few hours I would finally be graduating High School. Alice had a small party planned which I advised her not to worry about.

"This is your first time graduating High School. You need a party!" she said.

So of course I gave in just to please her. She was even planning the wedding which was also fine with me. I really had no idea where to begin, who to invite, and what actually needed to be done. Alice had planned her and Rosalie's weddings so the girl knew what she was doing. I walked out of the bathroom and ran smack into Edward. He smiled down at me in my cute black polka dotted dress that came down just above my knees.

"Alice is ready for you." he said.

I nodded as I followed Edward out of our room. Yes, I said our room. After we got engaged I moved all my things into his room. I couldn't believe how fast these three weeks had went. I got all good grades on my finals; and I even got an A on my Senior Paper for English. I was going to miss going to school. Edward had said that we will probably move around again or the two of us would travel the world for a few years before going to college. I had always dreamed about going to college. It would be even better with Edward there. We could get an apartment on the campus and live together since we were married. It would the perfect.

I climbed down the rest of the stairs and ended up in the small family room. Alice had flowers set up, candles, and a table with some presents on them. She took several photos of me in my dress and me in my cap and gown. After the photos I opened up my presents. I got a memory book to put all my memories in, a journal with golden pages, a cute heartshaped locket with the letter S engraved into it, and two plane tickets to London England.

"We're going to London?" I asked as I ran over to Carlisle and Esme and gave them a hug.

"Well, you and Edward are. I'm sure you two would like some time to yourselves after you graduate and you two can come back before the wedding." said Esme.

"So it's like a pre honeymoon!" I laughed.

I had always wanted to go to London England. I had begged my parents for years to go there, but they always said the same thing; we couldn't afford it and we didn't have time. There were so many things I wanted to go do; like see the National Gallery which housed one of the greatest collection of European art in the world, tour the Tower of London, eat at fine restaurants, and just enjoy the time with Edward.

"We're leaving tomorrow!" Edward said as he kissed my cheek. "I already have it all planned for us. We'll be there for a week and come back a week and a half before the wedding."

I smiled once again. What more could my new family do for me?

"Everything." Edward whispered in my ear.

After Alice and Esme cleaned up the family room we were all on our way to the High School. The parking lot of the school was rather packed when we arrived. My fellow students were roaming around the school with their family members or taking photos with other friends. A lot of people came up to me and wanted photos so Alice took some with her camera and with their camera. I ran into Bella and her father Charlie as we were about to line up to walk into the gymnasium.

"Scarlett, this is my father Charlie. Dad, this is Scarlett. She's Carlisle's niece." introduced Bella.

"Blood niece?" Charlie asked as he eyed me with wonder.

"Uh, yeah he's my real uncle. My mom was his sister." I replied.

Charlie nodded. "I'm used to all his adoptive children." he said.

Bella smiled then quickly frowned when she saw the ring on my finger.

"Oh, that's a pretty ring." she said.

Edward quickly found me and put his arm around my waist.

"Thanks." I replied. "We're actually getting married in a few weeks."

Charlie looked from Bella then to Edward. I could see the hurt in her eyes, but she had her chance with him and she blew it.

"Congratulations! I would love to come to the wedding!"

"What wedding?" Jessica Stanley asked as her and Mike walked towards our group.

"Scarlett and Edward are getting married in a few weeks." she said.

"Really?!" shrieked Jessica. "Can we come?"

"Uh, sure!" I said. "Alice is planning it all so I'll tell her to invite you."

It didn't take long for word to get around that Edward and I were getting married. I was actually getting even more excited about the whole thing. I couldn't wait to walk down the aisle and say my I do's. I would officially be a Cullen. Most of the kids in my class wanted to come to the wedding. I just nodded at them and said I would love for them to come. Alice had already gotten the invititations done so she said not to worry she will get them all done tonight and in the mail by morning. I thanked her with a hug and pulled away when the graduation song began. It was now time. I headed through the hallway and into the gym following the other students. Teachers, parents, family, and friends were all snapping photos as we all headed to our seats. When the song ended we sat down.

The graduation was much like any other. The speakers talked, they passed out scholarships, did a slide show, and then passed out the diplomas. When my name was called I couldn't help but feel sad. My parents weren't here to see this, they wouldn't be there to see me walk down the aisle, and they definitely wouldn't become grandparents. I felt bad for everything that happened. It wasn't my fault though. I wouldn't change becoming what I am for anything; although I wish I could tell my parents. I shook my principle's hand as I was handed my diploma and took a picture with the president of the school board before heading back to my seat. After everyone got the piece of paper we all waited patiently to throw our caps in the air.

"Ladies and gentlemen I now introduce the graduating class of 2011!" our principle yelled.

We all yelled as we threw our caps up in the air and watched as they fell to the ground. I had decorated mine with a big red S so I easily found mine. Edward, Alice, and Jasper watched as I was congratulated by my teachers. After our student photos we were able to leave.

"Congratulations!" Edward said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you! When we get home I want to go hunting before we pack for our trip!"

He smiled. "Sounds like a plan!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone is having a Happy Easter!!! Only two more parts left :(